Old 05-10-2013, 10:47 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default What cereal to eat for Breakfast?

"Todd" wrote in message
On 10/05/2013 07:03 AM, David Sharad wrote:

Breakfast is considered as a first meal of the day. Don't skip breakfast
it is very important to improve health.There are many different kinds of
cereal including cheerios, cocoa puffs, honey bunches of oats, fiber
one, lucky charms, cookie crisp, fruity pebbles and fruit loops. These
are best cereals to eat for breakfast.
'Tacoma personal trainer' (http://www.isaacbefitlife.com/)

David!

This is a * Diabetic group *. If you eat this garbage for
any meal you will be a Diabetic too.

That is absolutely untrue. Why would you say something like that?

Cheri

Old 06-10-2013, 04:45 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message
On 10/05/2013 07:03 AM, David Sharad wrote:

Breakfast is considered as a first meal of the day. Don't skip breakfast
it is very important to improve health.There are many different kinds of
cereal including cheerios, cocoa puffs, honey bunches of oats, fiber
one, lucky charms, cookie crisp, fruity pebbles and fruit loops. These
are best cereals to eat for breakfast.
'Tacoma personal trainer' (http://www.isaacbefitlife.com/)

David!

This is a * Diabetic group *. If you eat this garbage for
any meal you will be a Diabetic too. If you are diabetic
already, and eat this trash, start researching prosthetic
limbs, dialysis, heart disease, kidney failure.

No diabetic should eat ANY GRAIN. And you should get your
fiber from the plants you eat. You should only eat
natural/organic meat and plants that have not been hybridized
for high carbs.

And, if you don't want diabetes, eat like us. And DUDE,
learn to cook!

Eating cereal doesn't cause diabetes!

Old 06-10-2013, 04:46 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message

This is a * Diabetic group *. If you eat this garbage for
any meal you will be a Diabetic too.

That is absolutely untrue. Why would you say something like that?

Indeed!

Old 06-10-2013, 04:51 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message
On 10/05/2013 02:47 PM, Cheri wrote:
"Todd" wrote in message
On 10/05/2013 07:03 AM, David Sharad wrote:

Breakfast is considered as a first meal of the day. Don't skip
breakfast
it is very important to improve health.There are many different kinds
of
cereal including cheerios, cocoa puffs, honey bunches of oats, fiber
one, lucky charms, cookie crisp, fruity pebbles and fruit loops. These
are best cereals to eat for breakfast.
'Tacoma personal trainer' (http://www.isaacbefitlife.com/)

David!

This is a * Diabetic group *. If you eat this garbage for
any meal you will be a Diabetic too.

That is absolutely untrue. Why would you say something like that?

Cheri

Hi Cheri,

That is how I caught Diabetes. I loved my pasta (like eating
a bag of sugar). I burned myself out -- two allopaths confirmed
that suspicion. Humans never, and I mean never, ate grains
or so many carbs before they discovered beer.

Nonsense! You don't *catch* diabetes and you don't get it from what you
eat.

And I would say something like that because I "do" think it is
true and thought it would help someone else.

You might think that it true but that doesn't make it true.

If you are still eating grains, you need to consider weening
yourself off them. Based on the recipes and tips you have given
me, you are a really good cook. Why would you want to consume
that poison?

What a bunch of hooey!

I am finding (anecdotally) that those T2's with all the
problems are the ones that constantly try to find ways around
the low carb diet. "Oh I don't follow the restrictions.
I just use insulin." "Apples are free. I eat as many as
I want." (And, my favorite, "I am on the kidney transplant
list".)

That's certainly not true either. Many of us had complications upon
diagnosis. And I know diabetics who eat low carb who also have
complictions. I use insulin. I can not eat anything I want. I can't do
that ever! And if you think that your favorite thing is a kidney
transplant, then you are really sick! My friend had a kidney transplant and
grains didn't cause it. In fact she wasn't even diabetic!

By the way, I suspect, the government 375 grams of carbs
a day recommendation, should really be 100 for T0's
and definitely 60 for T2's. And I really want all my
friends (okay, eFriends) on this group to stick around as
long as I do. Or, you all run the risk of me digging you
up and asking "How much garlic on those ...?"

What a bunch of nonsense.

11 days drug free!

And that is something to brag about?

Old 06-10-2013, 05:22 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message
[...]

I think Julie is right on this one. You don't catch diabetes. Many
things factor into it. Diet may push things along, but it is not the
sole cause of it. I know many diabetics and none of them have been
told to eat 375 g of carbohydrates daily. I'm not sure where you came
up with that number, Todd, but it just isn't accurate. That would be
25 servings of carbs. I don't think anyone eats that much. Just so
you know, all vegetables have carbs in them too.

I have T2, eat grain still and control my glucose levels with diet,
and it is working. I'm glad you have been able to go off the meds,
but I hope it was done safely.

Old 06-10-2013, 06:34 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message
[...]

You don't "catch" diabetes.

Cheri

Old 06-10-2013, 06:36 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message
On 10/05/2013 09:22 PM, Karen wrote:

Hi Karen,

I can't see what Julie writes as she is kill filed.
She likes to pick fights. And I see she is still at it.

You'd be wrong there. I just don't like lies.

You don't catch diabetes. Many
things factor into it. Diet may push things along, but it is not the
sole cause of it.

You don't catch T2 Diabetes like a cold. You just wear your
body out. My GP spent about 1/2 hours telling me about how
our bodies are designed with about 5 times margin and that
our modern diet is at or exceeds it. I was exceeding it
and it caught up with me. Some folks are better off genetic
wise.

The body doesn't wear out with diabetes. And whatever he or she spent a
half an hour telling you, didn't make any sense...at least in you retelling
it to us.

I know many diabetics and none of them have been
told to eat 375 g of carbohydrates daily.

Neither do I. I wasn't talking about Diabetics. I was
talking about the general population.

And if that's what they are eating, they are likely fine with that. But is
that what they are eating? I don't know. I ate a lot of carbs prior to
diabetes and I don't think I ate that much!

I'm not sure where you came
up with that number, Todd, but it just isn't accurate.

Grab a box of something that has nutritional information on it.
You will see under carbs a "% Daily Values (DV)".
Here is one: http://products.usa.fage.eu/fruyo-0-blueberry-6-oz
There is a button to see full nutritional information:

Nutritional information per serving * % Daily Values (DV)
Total carbohydrates 21g 7%

21g /.07 = 300. (I have seen the 375 on other packages)
And you are correct. That is A LOT of yogurt.

Just because it says something on a package, doesn't mean that is what
people eat. I never ate as many calories as the average person eats, as an
adult. And 21g of carbs for a sweetened yogurt is not a lot of yogurt. At
least I don't think so. I've never eaten yogurt beyond a taste to tell me
that I didn't like it. People also don't eat just yogurt.

That would be
25 servings of carbs. I don't think anyone eats that much.

I ate a lot of pasta.
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...d-pasta/5757/2
2 oz is 14 grams. I must have ate a pound worth at a sitting
(112 grams). Not to mention the sauce. And bread and corn and
rice and potatoes and yams and sweet potatoes, yada, yada, yada.
I did it to my self.

Perhaps you did. I ate pasta. Certainly never a pound of it at a sitting.
Rarely ate bread of corn. Ate some rice, some potatoes, never sweet
potatoes, but ate a lot of beans. Just because you ate those things doesn't
mean that the food gave you diabetes. If that were true, most everyone
would have it. And people who ate low carb would not.

Usually I find the ones who call me nuts on this are the
one that don't want to follow the restrictions. The satiation
switch that goes off in our brains with carbs is extremely addictive.
We were NEVER designed to consume such levels of carbs. Get
use to your artificial legs. On the bright slide, you can wear
any shoe you want and they don't hurt.

That might be true for you. I have learned that some people are carb
addicts and some are not. I am not. I also believe there is no one diet
that fits all.

You also seem to jump to the wrong conclusions very easily. And I don't
think for an instant that you can prove that the body was not designed to
eat that many carbs.

And for those that say we are evolving for it,
1) we catch T2 after we reproduce and 2) any genetic mutation
to eat high carbs is being "diluted" as we are not dying till
after we reproduce.

Uh... Whatever that means!

Just so
you know, all vegetables have carbs in them too.

That is why I say all over the place natural/organic meat
and that are not hybridized for carbs.

What does that even mean?

I have T2, eat grain still and control my glucose levels with diet,
and it is working.

I am tickled that it is working. How long did
it take you to get to drug free?

That's a very rude thing to say. And being drug free is not really
something to Lord over someone. People need meds for various reasons and
just because you don't doesn't make you any better than them. Nor does it
make them weak or in any way inferior to you!

Here is an article to consider on why grains are
unhealthy from Mr. Paleo himself, Mark Sisson who
has been a diabetic since he was a kid:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/why-g...are-unhealthy/

By the way, for those that argue about what is and what isn't
Paloe, I consider whatever we ate before beer to be Paleo.

You really seem to be sold on this guy and I just can't fathom why. Ornish
probably has just as many followers. And he promotes eating whole grains
among other things.

I'm glad you have been able to go off the meds,
but I hope it was done safely.

Thank you for the kind words.

Good Advice, I am watching my meter like a hawk. And several
times a day too. So far, I am a fraction better than on
Metformin. And the side effects are going away.
I am stronger and a lot happier. (Metformin causes
depression, among other things.)

It might have caused depression for you. I take it and know plenty of
others who do. None of us are depressed.

By the way, I am drug free, but not medicine free.
I use a lot of tradition medicine (herbs, etc.).
Anyone let me know if they want to know the
traditional medicines I use.

*sigh* You seem not to know what a drug is. Red Rice Yeast is a
traditional medicine and yet it is a statin.

Old 06-10-2013, 06:43 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message

Good Advice, I am watching my meter like a hawk. And several
times a day too. So far, I am a fraction better than on
Metformin. And the side effects are going away.
I am stronger and a lot happier. (Metformin causes
depression, among other things.)

By the way, I am drug free, but not medicine free.
I use a lot of tradition medicine (herbs, etc.).
Anyone let me know if they want to know the
traditional medicines I use.

-T

You're starting to sound a tad bit like Iron Justice...a well known fanatic
in the groups.

Cheri

Old 06-10-2013, 06:50 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Todd" wrote in message

Good Advice, I am watching my meter like a hawk. And several
times a day too. So far, I am a fraction better than on
Metformin. And the side effects are going away.
I am stronger and a lot happier. (Metformin causes
depression, among other things.)

By the way, I am drug free, but not medicine free.
I use a lot of tradition medicine (herbs, etc.).
Anyone let me know if they want to know the
traditional medicines I use.

-T

You're starting to sound a tad bit like Iron Justice...a well known
fanatic in the groups.

He is. And also way off base.

Old 06-10-2013, 06:58 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message
[...]

I guess he should go tell all those Italians that they have diabetes. Oh
and the Chinese too, since that is where pasta originated. Jinxy! I'll bet
they are all passing it back and forth and don't even know it!

Actually, my husband is Italian as of course are all of his relatives. And
out of all of them, AFAIK, there was only one diabetic. I believe he was
diagnosed with type 2 once elderly. And I never saw him eat any pasta. We
were frequently at their house at meal time. He was a bartender and walked
to work. And because of his shift, they always ate their main meal around
2-3:00 p.m. And it was always the same thing, time after time. Eggs and
peppers. Italianelle peppers, fried with some garlic and scrambled eggs.
Frequently eaten with Italian bread although if he did eat the bread, I only
ever saw him eat one piece. His BIL had a garden and during the summer they
would often have additional vegetables along with this but the eggs and
peppers were the main thing that they ate. They also sometimes had fruit
but again if he ate any of that, it was just a small piece. Like a sliver of
melon. Always drank diet Coke.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:08 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message ...

By the way, I am drug free, but not medicine free.
I use a lot of tradition medicine (herbs, etc.).
Anyone let me know if they want to know the
traditional medicines I use.

-T

----------------------------

Nick Cramer who posts here from time to time has a Thai wife who uses
certain herbs in her cooking that lower Nick's bg's.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:51 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 5 Oct 2013 22:58:14 -0700
"Julie Bove" wrote:

"Todd" wrote in message
[...]

Sounds to me like he was type II his whole life. He kept it under
control with diet and exercise. Late in life his habits changed,
and he was diagnosed.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:10 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 05 Oct 2013 22:14:12 -0700
Todd wrote:

Here is an article to consider on why grains are
unhealthy from Mr. Paleo himself, Mark Sisson who
has been a diabetic since he was a kid:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/why-g...are-unhealthy/

By the way, for those that argue about what is and what isn't
Paloe, I consider whatever we ate before beer to be Paleo.

Yes, but what did we eat before beer? Was it fruit or fish?

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:41 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message
On 10/05/2013 10:43 PM, Cheri wrote:
"Todd" wrote in message

Good Advice, I am watching my meter like a hawk. And several
times a day too. So far, I am a fraction better than on
Metformin. And the side effects are going away.
I am stronger and a lot happier. (Metformin causes
depression, among other things.)

By the way, I am drug free, but not medicine free.
I use a lot of tradition medicine (herbs, etc.).
Anyone let me know if they want to know the
traditional medicines I use.

-T

You're starting to sound a tad bit like Iron Justice...a well known
fanatic in the groups.

Cheri

Hi Cheri,

How so? Because I use Traditional Medicine?
I can reference randomized double blind studies,
in other words, the scientific method, on the stuff
I use. Is that "fanatical"?

Am I being otherwise ill mannered or offensive
in any way?

-T

Anybody can cite studies, but when you make sweeping (the sky is falling)
statements that really aren't true for a whole lot of people who eat grains
etc., it starts to sound fanatical. You don't have to be "ill mannered or
offensive" to be perceived as a bit kooky either. :-)

Cheri

Old 06-10-2013, 04:15 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 05 Oct 2013 22:14:12 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, Todd
wrote:

On 10/05/2013 09:22 PM, Karen wrote:

Hi Karen,

I can't see what Julie writes as she is kill filed.
She likes to pick fights. And I see she is still at it.

You don't catch diabetes. Many
things factor into it. Diet may push things along, but it is not the
sole cause of it.

You don't catch T2 Diabetes like a cold. You just wear your
body out. My GP spent about 1/2 hours telling me about how
our bodies are designed with about 5 times margin and that
our modern diet is at or exceeds it. I was exceeding it
and it caught up with me. Some folks are better off genetic
wise.

I know many diabetics and none of them have been
told to eat 375 g of carbohydrates daily.

There is a big difference between what the USDA has put on labels and
what doctors and registered dieticians actually recommend. The USDA
recommendations on the packages are not suggested for diabetic
patients. Also, that number is based on a 2000 calorie a day diet.
Most of the diabetics I know were told to eat 30-45 g carbs per meal.
My dad who is a large man was told 45-60. At most that is 180 per day
(I know, still a lot) but the point being still less than half the
375 you are saying diabetics are told to eat.

[...]

I'm not trying to be argumentive, but you are spreading
misinformation. I fully expect you will put me in your killfile
rather than discuss the issue.