FoodBanter.com

-   -   What cereal to eat for Breakfast? (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/425855-re-what-cereal-eat.html)

[email protected] 02-10-2013 02:58 AM

What cereal to eat for Breakfast?

On 9/30/2013 9:21 PM, Ellen K. wrote:
Hard to tell who said what, my message was intended for the person who
said "Not even "egg tacos"? a.k.a. omelets?"

That was me.
"Egg tacos" are omelets folded in half, the way many SoCa restaurants
serve them: they then look like tacos.

wrote in message
On 9/29/2013 12:46 PM, Ellen K. wrote:
Including tortillas in a meal does not make the meal tacos.

You are right, but why are you telling me?
Did I say including tortillas in a meal makes the meal tacos?

wrote in message
On 9/29/2013 3:20 AM, Ellen K. wrote:
My zip code is 42% Hispanic and I also worked for a Hispanic
company for
eight years and I never heard of anyone eating tacos for breakfast.

Not even "egg tacos"? a.k.a. omelets?

"Who Are You" wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 19:54:13 -0700, "Ellen K."
wrote:

There seem to be three favorite breakfasts in the US:
- cereal
- bacon & eggs & possibly pancakes
- smoothies

That depends on what part of the country you are in. Some places
it's
eggs, bacon, etc, some it's tacos. What matters is what is eaten in
ones own household. The rest will sort itself out.

Ellen K. 02-10-2013 06:33 AM

What cereal to eat for Breakfast?

Well, that's a new one for me. Do the restaurants call them "egg tacos" on
the menu?

And this is closing in on another multi-lingual play on words, IIRC in Spain
a "tortilla" is what Americans call an omelet, not the flat grain item it is
in Mexican Spanish. :)

Bjørn Steensrud 02-10-2013 12:54 PM

Ellen K. wrote:

Well, that's a new one for me. Do the restaurants call them "egg tacos"
on the menu?

And this is closing in on another multi-lingual play on words, IIRC in
Spain a "tortilla" is what Americans call an omelet, not the flat grain
item it is
in Mexican Spanish. :)

Tortilla Español - much like Omelette paysanne, an omelet with a filling of
bits of boiled potatoes. (oh, thread mixup ...)

I was served a delicious home-made one in Madrid, (mumble) years ago.

[email protected] 02-10-2013 01:11 PM

On 10/1/2013 10:33 PM, Ellen K. wrote:
Well, that's a new one for me. Do the restaurants call them "egg tacos"
on the menu?

No, they just look like tacos with the egg replacing the tortilla

Maya Zuiderweg 02-10-2013 09:16 PM

What cereal to eat for Breakfast?

Bjrn Steensrud drukte met precisie uit :
Ellen K. wrote:

Well, that's a new one for me. Do the restaurants call them "egg tacos"
on the menu?

And this is closing in on another multi-lingual play on words, IIRC in
Spain a "tortilla" is what Americans call an omelet, not the flat grain
item it is
in Mexican Spanish. :)

Tortilla Espaol - much like Omelette paysanne, an omelet with a filling of
bits of boiled potatoes. (oh, thread mixup ...)

And bits of anything like bacon, tomato, parsley, etc.

I was served a delicious home-made one in Madrid, (mumble) years ago.

ROFL

M.

I Don't Know 03-10-2013 08:54 AM

On Tue, 01 Oct 2013 18:58:22 -0700, wrote:

On 9/30/2013 9:21 PM, Ellen K. wrote:
Hard to tell who said what, my message was intended for the person who
said "Not even "egg tacos"? a.k.a. omelets?"

That was me.
"Egg tacos" are omelets folded in half, the way many SoCa restaurants
serve them: they then look like tacos.

Just because you think they look like tacos does not make them tacos.

I Don't Know 03-10-2013 08:59 AM

What cereal to eat for Breakfast?

On Wed, 02 Oct 2013 13:54:25 +0200, Bjrn Steensrud
wrote:

Ellen K. wrote:

Well, that's a new one for me. Do the restaurants call them "egg tacos"
on the menu?

And this is closing in on another multi-lingual play on words, IIRC in
Spain a "tortilla" is what Americans call an omelet, not the flat grain
item it is
in Mexican Spanish. :)

Tortilla Espaol - much like Omelette paysanne, an omelet with a filling of
bits of boiled potatoes. (oh, thread mixup ...)

I was served a delicious home-made one in Madrid, (mumble) years ago.

Go he
http://www.ihop.com/menus/main-menu
to see what an omelet looks like.

Go he
https://www.google.com/search?q=brea...&bih=943&dpr=1
to see what a breakfast taco looks like.

Don Roberto 03-10-2013 02:18 PM

On 10/3/2013 12:54 AM, I Don't Know wrote:
On Tue, 01 Oct 2013 18:58:22 -0700, wrote:

On 9/30/2013 9:21 PM, Ellen K. wrote:
Hard to tell who said what, my message was intended for the person who
said "Not even "egg tacos"? a.k.a. omelets?"

That was me.
"Egg tacos" are omelets folded in half, the way many SoCa restaurants
serve them: they then look like tacos.

Just because you think they look like tacos does not make them tacos.

Not when you can't think outside of the box you're in, especially when
it's an ittybitty one.

Don Roberto 03-10-2013 02:22 PM

wrote:

Ellen K. wrote:

Well, that's a new one for me. Do the restaurants call them "egg tacos"
on the menu?

And this is closing in on another multi-lingual play on words, IIRC in
Spain a "tortilla" is what Americans call an omelet, not the flat grain
item it is
in Mexican Spanish. :)

Tortilla Espaol - much like Omelette paysanne, an omelet with a filling of
bits of boiled potatoes. (oh, thread mixup ...)

I was served a delicious home-made one in Madrid, (mumble) years ago.

Go he
http://www.ihop.com/menus/main-menu
to see what an omelet looks like.

Go he
https://www.google.com/search?q=brea...&bih=943&dpr=1
to see what a breakfast taco looks like.

You are adding a whole new dimension to the idiom "one-track mind".

Don Roberto 03-10-2013 02:41 PM

wrote:

Ellen K. wrote:

Well, that's a new one for me. Do the restaurants call them "egg tacos"
on the menu?

And this is closing in on another multi-lingual play on words, IIRC in
Spain a "tortilla" is what Americans call an omelet, not the flat grain
item it is
in Mexican Spanish. :)

Tortilla Espaol - much like Omelette paysanne, an omelet with a filling of
bits of boiled potatoes. (oh, thread mixup ...)

I was served a delicious home-made one in Madrid, (mumble) years ago.

Go he
http://www.ihop.com/menus/main-menu
to see what an omelet looks like.

Go he
https://www.google.com/search?q=brea...&bih=943&dpr=1
to see what a breakfast taco looks like.

Apples and oranges.
To see what an omelet looks like, the *proper* link would be this:
https://www.google.com/search?q=brea...let &tbm=isch

Whether you like it or not: omelets *ARE* egg tacos. Very low carb tacos
at that.

bigwheel 04-10-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Post 1870139)

wrote in message
On 9/29/2013 3:20 AM, Ellen K. wrote:
My zip code is 42% Hispanic and I also worked for a Hispanic
company for
eight years and I never heard of anyone eating tacos for breakfast.

Not even "egg tacos"? a.k.a. omelets?

wrote:

There seem to be three favorite breakfasts in the US:
- cereal
- bacon & eggs & possibly pancakes
- smoothies

That depends on what part of the country you are in. Some places
it's
eggs, bacon, etc, some it's tacos. What matters is what is eaten in
ones own household. The rest will sort itself out.

Aint seen anything which come from Sunny CA cept for homos and hot rods. Egg tacos is tacos which have eggs on the inside. Yall are fixing to drive me crazy.

I Don't Know 05-10-2013 03:44 AM

What cereal to eat for Breakfast?

On Thu, 03 Oct 2013 06:18:08 -0700, Don Roberto
wrote:

On 10/3/2013 12:54 AM, I Don't Know wrote:
On Tue, 01 Oct 2013 18:58:22 -0700, wrote:

On 9/30/2013 9:21 PM, Ellen K. wrote:
Hard to tell who said what, my message was intended for the person who
said "Not even "egg tacos"? a.k.a. omelets?"

That was me.
"Egg tacos" are omelets folded in half, the way many SoCa restaurants
serve them: they then look like tacos.

Just because you think they look like tacos does not make them tacos.

Not when you can't think outside of the box you're in, especially when
it's an ittybitty one.

Making up your own definitions and using words incorrectly is not
thinking outside the box. It's a level of insanity shared with the
insulinitis nutcase.

Don Roberto 05-10-2013 11:55 AM

wrote:

On 10/3/2013 12:54 AM, I Don't Know wrote:
On Tue, 01 Oct 2013 18:58:22 -0700, wrote:

On 9/30/2013 9:21 PM, Ellen K. wrote:
Hard to tell who said what, my message was intended for the person who
said "Not even "egg tacos"? a.k.a. omelets?"

That was me.
"Egg tacos" are omelets folded in half, the way many SoCa restaurants
serve them: they then look like tacos.

Just because you think they look like tacos does not make them tacos.

Not when you can't think outside of the box you're in, especially when
it's an ittybitty one.

Making up your own definitions and using words incorrectly is not
thinking outside the box.

Being a person incapable of thinking outside of the itty-bitty box
you're in - how would you know?

It's a level of insanity shared with the
insulinitis nutcase.

Talking about nutcases: isn't it time to change your name again?
Not that there is anything wrong with your current one: if fact, it's
dead on.

David Sharad 05-10-2013 03:03 PM

Cereal for the breakfast.!

Breakfast is considered as a first meal of the day. Don't skip breakfast it is very important to improve health.There are many different kinds of cereal including cheerios, cocoa puffs, honey bunches of oats, fiber one, lucky charms, cookie crisp, fruity pebbles and fruit loops. These are best cereals to eat for breakfast.
Tacoma personal trainer

W. Baker 05-10-2013 09:40 PM

David Sharad wrote:

: Breakfast is considered as a first meal of the day. Don't skip breakfast
: it is very important to improve health.There are many different kinds of
: cereal including cheerios, cocoa puffs, honey bunches of oats, fiber
: one, lucky charms, cookie crisp, fruity pebbles and fruit loops. These
: are best cereals to eat for breakfast.
: 'Tacoma personal trainer' (http://www.isaacbefitlife.com/)

For a diabetic? All those extra sugar sweetened cereals are the BEST?
cereals for a DIABETIC to eat? I somehow don't think so.

Wendy