Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default What cereal to eat for Breakfast?

"Todd" wrote in message ...

On 10/06/2013 08:15 AM, Karen wrote:
> There is a big difference between what the USDA has put on labels and
> what doctors and registered dieticians actually recommend. The USDA
> recommendations on the packages are not suggested for diabetic
> patients. Also, that number is based on a 2000 calorie a day diet.
> Most of the diabetics I know were told to eat 30-45 g carbs per meal.
> My dad who is a large man was told 45-60. At most that is 180 per day
> (I know, still a lot) but the point being still less than half the
> 375 you are saying diabetics are told to eat.

When did I say that? See the next quote below. 45-60 makes
a lot of sense. Why in the world would you think I was
recommending 375? That is insane for anyone. That was
my criticism.

>> >Neither do I. I wasn't talking about Diabetics. I was
>> >talking about the general population.

And I was talking about the USDA's recommendation, which
I think are wrong by the way.

> I'm not trying to be argumentive, but you are spreading
> misinformation. I fully expect you will put me in your killfile
> rather than discuss the issue.

Hi Karen,

I think we are talking at cross purposes here. I think
we are getting T2 and T0 crossed. And USDA vs rational
crossed as well.

And I don't think T0's should eat that 375 a day either.
I think 100 is probably a better number. And I
think 60, as I was told, is the better number for T2's.

Discuss away. No problem as long as everyone stays friends.

-T

---------------------------
I never count per day but rather per meal or snack. Back in the day I
couldn't have handled say 40 gr carb at one time but could if it were
spaced out and only eating per meal what I was capable of eating without
a spike. Having said that I think there could be a daily limit at some
point. Studies have shown that normies will start to see raised
triglycerides for example, when they eat a certain amount of carb per
day. I have seen 75% or more being an average figure. I don't always put
much belief in percentages though. For example, if I am on a low carb
diet making my protein percentage high then that doesn't mean I am
having more protein than RDI. I would imagine that 75% would have more
meaning if the total calorie intake was high rather than on say a 1500
cal diet.