Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default What cereal to eat for Breakfast?

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Todd" > wrote in message

>>> That is absolutely untrue. Why would you say something like that?
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> Hi Cheri,
>>
>> That is how I caught Diabetes. I loved my pasta (like eating
>> a bag of sugar). I burned myself out -- two allopaths confirmed
>> that suspicion. Humans never, and I mean never, ate grains
>> or so many carbs before they discovered beer.

> You don't "catch" diabetes.

I guess he should go tell all those Italians that they have diabetes. Oh
and the Chinese too, since that is where pasta originated. Jinxy! I'll bet
they are all passing it back and forth and don't even know it!

Actually, my husband is Italian as of course are all of his relatives. And
out of all of them, AFAIK, there was only one diabetic. I believe he was
diagnosed with type 2 once elderly. And I never saw him eat any pasta. We
were frequently at their house at meal time. He was a bartender and walked
to work. And because of his shift, they always ate their main meal around
2-3:00 p.m. And it was always the same thing, time after time. Eggs and
peppers. Italianelle peppers, fried with some garlic and scrambled eggs.
Frequently eaten with Italian bread although if he did eat the bread, I only
ever saw him eat one piece. His BIL had a garden and during the summer they
would often have additional vegetables along with this but the eggs and
peppers were the main thing that they ate. They also sometimes had fruit
but again if he ate any of that, it was just a small piece. Like a sliver of
melon. Always drank diet Coke.