Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Trawley Trash Trawley Trash is offline

Default What cereal to eat for Breakfast?

On Sun, 6 Oct 2013 13:57:03 -0700
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> "Trawley Trash" > wrote in message
> > On Sat, 5 Oct 2013 22:58:14 -0700

> >> I guess he should go tell all those Italians that they have
> >> diabetes. Oh and the Chinese too, since that is where pasta
> >> originated. Jinxy! I'll bet they are all passing it back and
> >> forth and don't even know it!
> >>
> >> Actually, my husband is Italian as of course are all of his
> >> relatives. And out of all of them, AFAIK, there was only one
> >> diabetic. I believe he was diagnosed with type 2 once elderly.
> >> And I never saw him eat any pasta. We were frequently at their
> >> house at meal time. He was a bartender and walked to work. And
> >> because of his shift, they always ate their main meal around
> >> 2-3:00 p.m. And it was always the same thing, time after time.
> >> Eggs and peppers. Italianelle peppers, fried with some garlic and
> >> scrambled eggs. Frequently eaten with Italian bread although if he
> >> did eat the bread, I only ever saw him eat one piece. His BIL had
> >> a garden and during the summer they would often have additional
> >> vegetables along with this but the eggs and peppers were the main
> >> thing that they ate. They also sometimes had fruit but again if he
> >> ate any of that, it was just a small piece. Like a sliver of
> >> melon. Always drank diet Coke.
> >>

> > Sounds to me like he was type II his whole life. He kept it under
> > control with diet and exercise. Late in life his habits changed,
> > and he was diagnosed.

> People don't usually have type 2 for their whole lives.

Well, he probably was not diabetic as a child, but as an adult he
zeroed in on a diet that did not make him feel bad. Which happens
to be a good diet for type II.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.