Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default What cereal to eat for Breakfast?

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 10/05/2013 02:47 PM, Cheri wrote:

>>> David!
>>>
>>> This is a * Diabetic group *. If you eat this garbage for
>>> any meal you will be a Diabetic too.

>> That is absolutely untrue. Why would you say something like that?
>>
>> Cheri

> Hi Cheri,
>
> That is how I caught Diabetes. I loved my pasta (like eating
> a bag of sugar). I burned myself out -- two allopaths confirmed
> that suspicion. Humans never, and I mean never, ate grains
> or so many carbs before they discovered beer.

Nonsense! You don't *catch* diabetes and you don't get it from what you
eat.

> And I would say something like that because I "do" think it is
> true and thought it would help someone else.

You might think that it true but that doesn't make it true.

> If you are still eating grains, you need to consider weening
> yourself off them. Based on the recipes and tips you have given
> me, you are a really good cook. Why would you want to consume
> that poison?

What a bunch of hooey!

> I am finding (anecdotally) that those T2's with all the
> problems are the ones that constantly try to find ways around
> the low carb diet. "Oh I don't follow the restrictions.
> I just use insulin." "Apples are free. I eat as many as
> I want." (And, my favorite, "I am on the kidney transplant
> list".)

That's certainly not true either. Many of us had complications upon
diagnosis. And I know diabetics who eat low carb who also have
complictions. I use insulin. I can not eat anything I want. I can't do
that ever! And if you think that your favorite thing is a kidney
transplant, then you are really sick! My friend had a kidney transplant and
grains didn't cause it. In fact she wasn't even diabetic!

> By the way, I suspect, the government 375 grams of carbs
> a day recommendation, should really be 100 for T0's
> and definitely 60 for T2's. And I really want all my
> friends (okay, eFriends) on this group to stick around as
> long as I do. Or, you all run the risk of me digging you
> up and asking "How much garlic on those ...?"

What a bunch of nonsense.

> 11 days drug free!

And that is something to brag about?