Old 09-07-2007, 11:27 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?

I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often than not, the cereal
goes soggy before I can eat it all.

I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can just add a little bit
of cereal at a time without going too soggy, then add more as need be.

You?

Andy

Old 09-07-2007, 12:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?

I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often than not, the
cereal goes soggy before I can eat it all.

I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can just add a
little bit of cereal at a time without going too soggy, then add more
as need be.

You?

Andy

I don't eat cereal. I had so dang much of it as a kid that it about wore
out my taste buds. But, back in the days, I used to do the cereal thing and
then add the milk. My mom always gave us Cheerios, Rice Crispies, Wheaties
or Bran Flakes. Cheerios never got soggy, Rice Crispies stayed pretty much
crispy, Wheaties and Bran Flakes got a little soggy, but I back then I
thought it helped get them down. :~)

kili

Old 09-07-2007, 12:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 9, 7:36?am, "kilikini" wrote:
Andy wrote:
Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?

I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often than not, the
cereal goes soggy before I can eat it all.

I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can just add a
little bit of cereal at a time without going too soggy, then add more
as need be.

You?

Andy

I don't eat cereal. I had so dang much of it as a kid that it about wore
out my taste buds. But, back in the days, I used to do the cereal thing and
then add the milk. My mom always gave us Cheerios, Rice Crispies, Wheaties
or Bran Flakes. Cheerios never got soggy, Rice Crispies stayed pretty much
crispy, Wheaties and Bran Flakes got a little soggy, but I back then I
thought it helped get them down. :~)

Get them down... don't you mean swallow?

Sheldon

Old 09-07-2007, 12:43 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 9, 6:27 am, Andy q wrote:
Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?

I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often than not, the cereal
goes soggy before I can eat it all.

I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can just add a little bit
of cereal at a time without going too soggy, then add more as need be.

You?

Andy

You're weird, Andy.G

I pour the cereal, add fruit, sugar (if not presweetened) and then
milk as I'm sitting down to eat them.

Usually, tho, I eat cereal instead of cookies, candy or other snacks:
dry and using fingers instead of a spoon to bring them from bowl to
mouth. Milk just gets in the way.

maxine in ri

Old 09-07-2007, 12:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?

I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often than not, the cereal
goes soggy before I can eat it all.

I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can just add a little bit
of cereal at a time without going too soggy, then add more as need be.

You?

I like shredded wheat, and I like it soggy.

I like Life, I like it soggy too.

I like Raisin Bran, soggy of course.

I like Cocoa Puffs, I like those semi hard... Cocoa Puffs are good in
a black cherry soda egg cream.

Sheldon

Old 09-07-2007, 01:04 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

maxine in ri said...

You're weird, Andy.G

Maxine,

I'm OK with that!

Andy
Old 09-07-2007, 01:04 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 9, 6:52 am, Sheldon wrote:
Andy wrote:
Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?

I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often than not, the cereal
goes soggy before I can eat it all.

I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can just add a little bit
of cereal at a time without going too soggy, then add more as need be.

You?

I like shredded wheat, and I like it soggy.

I like Life, I like it soggy too.

I like Raisin Bran, soggy of course.

I like Cocoa Puffs, I like those semi hard... Cocoa Puffs are good in
a black cherry soda egg cream.

You should apply for the position of breakfast planner in Hell. You
could show Satan this post.

Sheldon

--Bryan

Old 09-07-2007, 01:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote on Mon, 09 Jul 2007 05:27:28 -0500:

A I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often than
A not, the cereal goes soggy before I can eat it all.

A I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can just
A add a little bit of cereal at a time without going too
A soggy, then add more as need be.

A You?

I don't like soggy cereal. I'm pretty sure it is a reaction to
(failed) attempts to get me to eat porridge when I was a small
child but I see no reason to change. That being said, I eat
cereals that don't get very soggy in the time it takes me to eat
a bowl if I pour the milk just before I eat. My favorites are
All Bran or Bran Flakes but it pays not too eat too slowly.

Incidentally, what fruits do you like if you eat it with cereal?
I find non-acid fruits like raisins or bananas best and, despite
the ads, I don't like peaches or strawberries.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Old 09-07-2007, 01:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?

I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often than not, the cereal
goes soggy before I can eat it all.

I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can just add a little bit
of cereal at a time without going too soggy, then add more as need be.

I only buy Muffets or Shredded Wheat and they need to be softened up a
little. I crush them into a bowl and add the milk and let it do its thing
while I slice up some fruit for it. If I have no fresh fruit I usually
have frozen berries instead. In that case, I put the berries in a bowl and
then the milk and stir them around for a minute to thaw and then add the
cereal.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton said...

Incidentally, what fruits do you like if you eat it with cereal?
I find non-acid fruits like raisins or bananas best and, despite
the ads, I don't like peaches or strawberries.

Certainly bananas!

Andy

Old 09-07-2007, 02:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" q wrote in message ...
Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?

I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often than not, the cereal
goes soggy before I can eat it all.

I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can just add a little
bit
of cereal at a time without going too soggy, then add more as need be.

You?

I eat eggs for breakfast! I was a little child the last time I had breakfast
cereal.

Old 09-07-2007, 02:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 9, 3:27 am, Andy q wrote:
Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?

I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often than not, the cereal
goes soggy before I can eat it all.

I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can just add a little bit
of cereal at a time without going too soggy, then add more as need be.

You?

Andy

No one mentions eating peanut butter with their cereal. I have to
have peanut butter on the side of the bowl for things like Rice
Crispies or Corn Flakes.

Old 09-07-2007, 03:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton wrote:

Incidentally, what fruits do you like if you eat it with cereal?
I find non-acid fruits like raisins or bananas best and, despite
the ads, I don't like peaches or strawberries.

Strawberries are at the top of the list for me, along with raspberries,
blueberries, but bananas are available all year long.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?

I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often than not, the cereal
goes soggy before I can eat it all.

I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can just add a little bit
of cereal at a time without going too soggy, then add more as need be.

You?

Andy

Well, duh! You put the cereal (Kellogg's Corn Flakes,
naturally) into the bowl. You then sprinkle with copious
amounts of brown sugar. Then you add at least 1/2 banana,
sliced. Then you pour on the whole milk. Everyone knows
this is the only correct way to eat cereal.

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Old 09-07-2007, 03:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Kate Connally wrote in news:f6tg0r$qb2$2
@usenet01.srv.cis.pitt.edu:

Well, duh! You put the cereal (Kellogg's Corn Flakes,
naturally) into the bowl. You then sprinkle with copious
amounts of brown sugar. Then you add at least 1/2 banana,
sliced. Then you pour on the whole milk. Everyone knows
this is the only correct way to eat cereal.

Actually Corn Flakes taste better without milk...use icecream instead.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore