Old 06-10-2013, 11:51 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Trawley Trash Trawley Trash is offline

Default What cereal to eat for Breakfast?

On Sat, 5 Oct 2013 22:58:14 -0700
"Julie Bove" wrote:

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Todd" wrote in message
On 10/05/2013 02:47 PM, Cheri wrote:
"Todd" wrote in message
On 10/05/2013 07:03 AM, David Sharad wrote:

Breakfast is considered as a first meal of the day. Don't skip
breakfast
it is very important to improve health.There are many different
kinds of
cereal including cheerios, cocoa puffs, honey bunches of oats,
fiber one, lucky charms, cookie crisp, fruity pebbles and fruit
loops. These are best cereals to eat for breakfast.
'Tacoma personal trainer' (http://www.isaacbefitlife.com/)

David!

This is a * Diabetic group *. If you eat this garbage for
any meal you will be a Diabetic too.

That is absolutely untrue. Why would you say something like that?

Cheri

Hi Cheri,

That is how I caught Diabetes. I loved my pasta (like eating
a bag of sugar). I burned myself out -- two allopaths confirmed
that suspicion. Humans never, and I mean never, ate grains
or so many carbs before they discovered beer.

You don't "catch" diabetes.

I guess he should go tell all those Italians that they have
diabetes. Oh and the Chinese too, since that is where pasta
originated. Jinxy! I'll bet they are all passing it back and forth
and don't even know it!

Actually, my husband is Italian as of course are all of his
relatives. And out of all of them, AFAIK, there was only one
diabetic. I believe he was diagnosed with type 2 once elderly. And
I never saw him eat any pasta. We were frequently at their house at
meal time. He was a bartender and walked to work. And because of
his shift, they always ate their main meal around 2-3:00 p.m. And it
was always the same thing, time after time. Eggs and peppers.
Italianelle peppers, fried with some garlic and scrambled eggs.
Frequently eaten with Italian bread although if he did eat the bread,
I only ever saw him eat one piece. His BIL had a garden and during
the summer they would often have additional vegetables along with
this but the eggs and peppers were the main thing that they ate.
They also sometimes had fruit but again if he ate any of that, it was
just a small piece. Like a sliver of melon. Always drank diet Coke.

Sounds to me like he was type II his whole life. He kept it under
control with diet and exercise. Late in life his habits changed,
and he was diagnosed.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.