Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Default What cereal to eat for Breakfast?

wrote in message ...

On 9/26/2013 7:54 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> In alt.support.diabetes Maya Zuiderweg
> <$no_spam#ma_dot_zuiderweg_@_me_dot_com#maps_on$ > wrote:
> : >>> You ought to see what passes for "continental breakfast" here.
> : >>
> : >> Hey..I just wrote about that. Instead of an English breakfast: a
> : >> continental.
> : >>
> : >
> : > Yes, but I was talking about the American version of the continental
> : > breakfast.
> : > http://tinyurl.com/lxzuby7
>
> : BURP!!
>
> : Which continent would that be..?
>
> : M.
>
> I have no idea of a "continental" breakfast in the US is, as I never heard
> of it.

REALLY...

Maya has already described the British version of "continental
breakfast": bread, butter and marmelade + coffee or tea.

The US version - which comes with just about every motel/hotel room - is
more or less the same, except that the bread has been replaced with
donuts, muffins and danish. It also usually comes with sugar-laden cold
cereal and cheap - i.e., not fresh - orange juice. A true sugar lovers
paradise.

Here's a sample menu from Best Western, the world's largest hotel brand
http://www.bestwesternwaupaca.com/downloads.pdf

Don Roberto

~~~~~~~
Many of the motels we used offered continental breakfasts as part of the
price of the room. Julie has described the type we often saw. In those
days, we usually selected cereal (we did not use sugar), a banana and a
small glass of orange juice.

MaryL