Old 05-01-2012, 02:40 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default For one who shall remain nameless.....

"Evelyn" wrote in message

I hope this nasty stuff gets settled soon!

Peace!

Evelyn

Peace to you too Evelyn xx

Old 05-01-2012, 02:41 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Evelyn" wrote in message
"All unhappiness is due to the ego; with it comes all your trouble.
What does it avail you to attribute to the happenings in life the
cause of misery which is really within you? What happiness can you get
from things extraneous to yourself ? When you get it, how long will it
last ?" -- Ramana Maharshi

Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never do
anything wise in this world.
~Helen Keller

This is all getting beyond a joke, you all need to take a good look at
yourselves, this kind of behaviour towards a fellow human being is
shameful. I wouldn't treat a dog in this manner.

No you wouldn't treat a dog that way, but you and Julie treat Susan that
way every chance you get, and I never see a word from you about the FOAD
that Julie is throwing around all the time. Preacher, take a good look at
yourself before taking others to task.

AFAIK, Ozgirl has never said anything unkind to me. However there are quite
a few dogpilers in here who are doing it now. Including those who say they
don't. One makes bad comments about my canned chicken or canned broth and
then complains that *I* say something is disgusting? Complains about *my*
buying prepared foods and then posts on how to reuse rotisserie chicken? I
don't get it. I really don't.

And still the question remains. Which post was it that was supposed to have
been of interest to me? I have asked this repeatedly now and that is how
this all started. And yet nobody can take the time to answer.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:42 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" wrote in message
On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 12:01:45 +1000, "Ozgirl"
wrote:

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Evelyn" wrote in message
[...]

Susan is not a saint and never will be. She makes unprovoked attacks at
every opportunity and she gets back what she gives out. You do know the
difference between people tit for tatting with Susan and the behaviour
of many shown towards Julie.

NONE of us are saints, neither Susan nor Julie or you or I. There is
no mistaking the term FOAD. It means **** off and die. Not nice by
any means!

I hope this nasty stuff gets settled soon!

Peace!

And it wasn't meant to be nice. I am not a doormat. And I am not here to
be verbally abused over and over again. Seems many people here seem to
think it is okay to do it to me. Ah but when I do it to them? Well!

Old 05-01-2012, 02:45 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"BlueBrooke" wrote in message
On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 07:22:28 -0800, "Cheri"
wrote:

"Evelyn" wrote in message
"All unhappiness is due to the ego; with it comes all your trouble.
What does it avail you to attribute to the happenings in life the
cause of misery which is really within you? What happiness can you get
from things extraneous to yourself ? When you get it, how long will it
last ?" -- Ramana Maharshi

Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never do
anything
wise in this world.
~Helen Keller

Blast it all -- the invitations for the Pity Party already went out!
Now what?! I guess I'll have to re-work the *menu* and come up with
different *food* to serve at the new Anti-Pity Party! What kind of
*diabetic* friendly *food* would you suggest? :-D

For me? I think I'll throw together some Deviled Eggs! :-D

And yet another, what has happened to good decent people.

I am very thankful that I have never encountered such people in my real
life. But I wonder... Do they walk about talking to others like this? I
hope not.

As for me... If someone did in real life talk to me or about me so that I
could hear it, I most likely would tell them to FOAD, or something similar
but a bit toned down if there were children present. I'm nobody's doormat.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:50 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 18:42:59 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Evelyn" wrote in message
[...]

Julie, we cannot possibly control other people, but if you think to
yourself, "what will be the result of telling someone to **** off and
die, will it bring peace? Will it escalate the problems? Will it
help anyone? Will it help me?"...... I think you will discover that
the answer to all of those questions is "no".

We all get on one anothers nerves from time to time. You and I had a
few words a while back and I was sorry that it happened and we both
made some effort to smooth it all over.

That needs to happen in this instance too, sooner or later.

Evelyn

Old 05-01-2012, 02:53 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" wrote in message
On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 18:42:59 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Evelyn" wrote in message
[...]

Word of wisdom Evelyn and I totally agree.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:55 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 18:41:28 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Evelyn" wrote in message
[...]

For your information, a rotisserie chicken is a FRESH chicken, cooked
in the store, THAT DAY as opposed to being cooked in my house.

On the other hand, canned broth may have been made a year ago. We
have no way of knowing how old it is, not to mention the very fact of
it being canned isn't really good for you. Cans are lined with
plastic containing carcinogens.

In spite of that, I occasionally will use canned broth when I am in a
hurry too. Fresh is always better than prepared foods. A FRESH
chicken (no matter where it is cooked) is not the same thing as
something in a can or a box meant to last for months on end.

Evelyn
Old 05-01-2012, 02:57 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" wrote in message
On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 18:42:59 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Evelyn" wrote in message
[...]

Perhaps as a Buddhist you are here to bring peace. I am not.

Did their attacks help me? No. In fact I *still* don't know which post was
the post that was supposed to be helpful to me. That is how this all
started. Robert Miles left me a vague message and pinged me about it. He
didn't tell me specifically which one it was. And when I said I couldn't
find a post that was helpful to me, instead of someone pointing out where or
what this post was, they just started attacking me and telling me I was
ungrateful!

We all get on one anothers nerves from time to time. You and I had a
few words a while back and I was sorry that it happened and we both
made some effort to smooth it all over.

That needs to happen in this instance too, sooner or later.

Or I may just leave. Because this has become a very unpleasant place to be.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:03 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Evelyn" wrote in message
[...]

I buy organic boxed broth most of the time. As for cans, I have no problems
with eating canned food and I think neither do most people who live in this
country/

In spite of that, I occasionally will use canned broth when I am in a
hurry too. Fresh is always better than prepared foods. A FRESH
chicken (no matter where it is cooked) is not the same thing as
something in a can or a box meant to last for months on end.

Fresh is not always better, IMO. Obviously it is in yours. I do watch Food
Network and other cooking shows. Those chefs on there are advocates of
canned and boxed broths.

I was just pointing out how on the one hand you get upset with me for not
liking something. But you feel it is okay for you to not like something.
And it's not just you. Susan says Tom doesn't eat salmon. No, she didn't
say why. But if *I* were to say that I didn't eat salmon, someone would
sure pipe right up and call me out on it.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:10 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 18:57:55 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Evelyn" wrote in message
[...]

Julie, for heavens sake, EVERYBODY knew what post it was, it was the
only post that appeared on ASD with the word "GASTROPARESIS" in the
heading. You keep railing on about wanting to know what post was
being pointed out to you. How did you miss it? Go look for it
yourself, nobody is going to repost it for you! I am not, and I
doubt others will either. You need to be proactive about these
things.

Evelyn

Old 05-01-2012, 03:16 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" wrote in message
On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 18:57:55 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Evelyn" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 18:42:59 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

m...
wrote:

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Evelyn" wrote in message
[...]

I saw a post by Wendy that was about gastroparesis. I read it. It said
that there are fewer people who have it than once thought. So again, I
state... How could that be helpful to me? I was diagnosed with it via
endoscopy. And it was then confirmed. Is Robert saying that perhaps I
don't actually have it? That my Dr. was wrong? Or is he somehow laughing
at me because I am one of the few who does have it? I don't get it. I
really don't. If that was the post that was supposed to be helpful to *me*.
It wasn't. Nothing wrong with the post but I just don't get the *helpful to
me* factor.

And then after I read the post, Tiger Lily said I needed to go back and look
again. When I did, I saw the reply from Ozgirl. Again, nothing wrong with
that but again, nothing helpful to me. So could you please explain why this
would be helpful to me? Because truly I do not get it.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:17 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 19:03:08 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Evelyn" wrote in message
[...]

That's the way life is......

Notice that my recipe which had one very small potato for a whole pot
of soup, and a quarter of a cup of rice, got jumped on too.

So what?

Anyone who doesn't like those items can just leave them out.

Evelyn
Old 05-01-2012, 03:23 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" wrote in message
On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 19:03:08 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Evelyn" wrote in message
[...]

And yet they jumped on me for saying they were vocal low carbers. The very
same person. Yep. Kinda funny! And not in a ha ha kind of way.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:23 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 19:16:08 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Evelyn" wrote in message
On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 18:42:59 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

om...
wrote:

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Evelyn" wrote in message
[...]

I have no idea.

I think they saw the word "gastroparesis" and knowing you had issues
with it, they mentioned it.

If it is not helpful to you, just ignore it!!!!!!!!

Evelyn
Old 05-01-2012, 03:28 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 19:23:14 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Evelyn" wrote in message
[...]

Carbs, low carb, high carb, limited carb, these same issues come up
again and again on these groups. I listen to my dietician. She's a
professional, and I feel better and do well with her advice.

Evelyn