Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default For one who shall remain nameless.....

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "W. Baker" > wrote in message
>> Julie Bove > wrote:
>>
>> : "Cheri" > wrote in message
>> : ...
>> : > "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>> : > ...
>> : >>
>> : >>
>> : >> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>> : >> ...
>> : >>> "Evelyn" > wrote in message
>> : >>> ...
>> : >>>> "All unhappiness is due to the ego; with it comes all your
>> trouble.
>> : >>>> What does it avail you to attribute to the happenings in life
>> the
>> : >>>> cause of misery which is really within you? What happiness can
>> you get
>> : >>>> from things extraneous to yourself ? When you get it, how long
>> will it
>> : >>>> last ?" -- Ramana Maharshi
>> : >>>
>> : >>>
>> : >>> Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can
>> never do
>> : >>> anything wise in this world.
>> : >>> ~Helen Keller
>> : >>
>> : >> This is all getting beyond a joke, you all need to take a good
>> look at
>> : >> yourselves, this kind of behaviour towards a fellow human being
>> is
>> : >> shameful. I wouldn't treat a dog in this manner.
>> : >
>> : >
>> : > No you wouldn't treat a dog that way, but you and Julie treat
>> Susan that
>> : > way every chance you get, and I never see a word from you about
>> the FOAD
>> : > that Julie is throwing around all the time. Preacher, take a good
>> look at
>> : > yourself before taking others to task.
>>
>> : AFAIK, Ozgirl has never said anything unkind to me. However there
>> are quite
>> : a few dogpilers in here who are doing it now. Including those who
>> say they
>> : don't. One makes bad comments about my canned chicken or canned
>> broth and
>> : then complains that *I* say something is disgusting? Complains
>> about *my*
>> : buying prepared foods and then posts on how to reuse rotisserie
>> chicken? I
>> : don't get it. I really don't.

> That's part of your pattern Julie, you say outrageous things at times,
> and keep saying them until you **** people off enough that they
> respond in kind...and then Jan rushes to your defense with the "poor
> little Julie" thing,

That is not true. I object to people pushing advice on someone who
doesn't want it then getting hostile and insulting when their
unsolicited offered are rebuffed. If Julie just randomly started telling
people off in unprovoked attacks then she would deserve to be abused
back.

and all of a sudden you're playing the victim with a bunch of old
> "meanie heads" attacking you for no reason. As another poster said,
> it's predictable, and will probably happen again sooner or
> later...when you get bored with no attention.

She posts a huge amount of stuff and the only stuff that gets commented
on are her personal dislikes and things she says are yewww, vile,
disgusting, whatever. If it was about attention she would be demanding
it in every subject she posts about.

Susan mentioned the past post about what Dorothy posted to Julie (in a
response to a post from Evelyn). What you said at the time follows:

"Meanness alert !!!!
You have put the facts as gently and kindly as possible.
However, this silly bitch just doesn't deserve that kind of
consideration from me.
She denies spoiling her daughter. But goes out in foul weather to buy
knitting needles ? All the while, whining endlessly about driving
conditions. She feeds an overweight gal french fries and I'm sure buys
her precious
darling other unhealthy treats.
Her callous disregard and obvious disdain for any constructive
suggestions
should be a clue to all as to the sort of person she is, and the
attitudes she espouses.
Most of us have or have had health problems, and yet do not feel the
need
to burden newsgroups with totally unrelated / off topic crap about our
personal lives. Yet - not a day goes by without some half wit post or
posts from this silly article. Still, some people seem to dote on
her as though she were a damaged child, and not a selfish, if clueless
adult.
I have her filtered, to avoid wasting time and space on her vapid
drivel.
And I agree, she needs professional, mental counseling."

Cheri:

"What purpose does the meaness serve though?

> You have put the facts as gently and kindly as possible.

That's what support groups do, and Evelyn is always kind, even when
she's
frustrated.

> However, this silly bitch just doesn't deserve that kind of
> consideration from me.

What she doesn't deserve is to be called names like that.

> She denies spoiling her daughter. But goes out in foul weather to buy
> knitting needles ? All the while, whining endlessly about driving
> conditions. She feeds an overweight gal french fries and I'm sure
> buys her precious darling other unhealthy treats.

Which is her own business IMO.

> Her callous disregard and obvious disdain for any constructive
> suggestions should be a clue to all as to the sort of person she is,
> and the attitudes she espouses.

For many, many years...Julie has said that she mostly needs to vent, and
that she's NOT at all interested in advice in most cases. I take her at
her
word, and allowing a diabetic to vent without harsh judgment is support
too
IMO.

> Most of us have or have had health problems, and yet do not feel the
> need to burden newsgroups with totally unrelated / off topic crap
> about our personal lives. Yet - not a day goes by without some half
> wit post or posts from this silly article. Still, some people seem to
> dote on her as though she were a damaged child, and not a selfish, if
> clueless adult.

I don't see her that way at all, and certainly not as a burden to the
newsgroup. We are more than just diabetics, we're people who sometimes
need an ear.

> I have her filtered, to avoid wasting time and space on her vapid
> drivel.

Filtering somebody beats the Heck out of beating up on a long time
poster
IMO."

That post of yours could pretty much have been me speaking. Yet you said
this about me today??: