Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default For one who shall remain nameless.....

"BlueBrooke" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 11:24:56 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> > wrote:
>
>>Even after I have explained (many times) that the usage was correct
>>and
>>that it exists in American dictionaries and that the proper context
>>was
>>used I am still guilty of a shameful act. Its still the not what you
>>say
>>but who you are attitude that's rife in the diabetics groups.

> The usage is not correct. The definitions you provided that related
> to animals involved killing them. Unless you're wanting to argue that
> a cat would feel better if they were told who won the tournament, or
> if they were given the information they were waiting for.

The cat may feel better if "You could try probiotics. If you are going
to traumatise him by getting T4 blood tests why not have him sedated and
given a 5 minute ultrasound to see if there is something seriously
wrong? Trauma is trauma no matter what. Skittish or not, the cat needs
proper evaluation of his health not you playing around with his diet all
the time. You were obviously able to control him to have his blood test,
you can surely control him to have sedation."

The cat has a vomiting problem, the cat probably feels miserable, the
cat could (possibly) be put out of its misery if the cat were given
probiotics or given an ultrasound to see the true state of his guts. Is
that unacceptable to you? But I can't stop you from believing I am an
advocate for cat killing, just because... You are free to paint me
however you wish BlueBrooke. Its your right.

> When you tell someone you're giving them "a buck," they know you're
> not about to hand over a male deer. When you tell someone to "put the
> animal out of its misery," they know you're not telling them to have a
> meaningful, information-filled conversation with it.
>
> I don't know if you're "guilty of a shameful act" or not. Only you
> know that. All I know is you're wrong about the usage -- "in
> context" -- and yet continue to argue that you're not. "In context,"
> the animal is put down.

The context I am talking about is : "And how about putting that poor cat
out
of yours out of its misery. You could try probiotics. If you are going
to traumatise him by getting T4 blood tests why not have him sedated and
given a 5 minute ultrasound to see if there is something seriously
wrong? Trauma is trauma no matter what. Skittish or not, the cat needs
proper evaluation of his health not you playing around with his diet all
the time. You were obviously able to control him to have his blood test,
you can surely control him to have sedation."

Talking about putting the cat out of its misery as a stand alone
statement. i.e. ignoring what immediately follows in the paragraph is
talking out of context.
Not a hard thing to understand.
"con·text/'käntekst/
Noun:The
circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea,
and in terms of which it can be fully understood and assessed.
**********The parts of something written or spoken that immediately
precede and follow a word or passage and clarify its meaning."*********

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/10/2012 7:25 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
> No but if someone told me it had another meaning then for sure I would
> be not only checking but apologising

and then there was the day Ratty started a.s.d.uk

and someone spoke of a 'fanny pack'

giggle

i'll never forget THAT discussion, with NO ONE wanting to explain to the
OP what was 'heard'

countries divided by a common language

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

x-o-archive: yes

On 1/10/2012 9:59 PM, Tiger Lily wrote:
> I see someone who has a problem, may not be able to put words to it and
> needs help.
>
> My 'experience' with steroids doesn't go anywhere near what he's going
> thru...... low dose for 5 days or the old 10 day step down method......
> and every time it was very necessary and very effective with no side
> affects (well, other than i had to test frequently and correct with
> insulin as needed)

I'm sorry, maybe I'm being dense... I see discussion of metformin,
prednisone, don't know what the person is still taking or what kind of
problems he's having?

I can't find the posts on my reader... maybe give the person my email
addy if they think I can help? Depending on what their needs are, I can
direct them to weaning off threads, dosing information, other resources.

Susan
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"BlueBrooke" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 10:09:13 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> > wrote:
>

>>"BlueBrooke" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 10:05:15 +1000, "Ozgirl"

>>> Must be another one of those cultural things. That's exactly what
>>> "putting them out of their misery" means to every vet I've ever been
>>> to.

>>Doesn't anyone here have a dictionary? Or able to understand context?
>>If
>>you were "miserable" with the flu what would you like to have to rid
>>yourself of the misery?

> Dictionary? Sure -- lots of dictionaries. Maybe you should pull
> yours out again, because you don't seem to understand the word
> "context." In the "context" of animals who are critically or
> terminally ill, the phrase means to kill them.

And you don't seem to understand that the context you are talking about
isn't the context I am talking about.
Put the misery phrase back into the whole paragraph and might have an
inkling of what I mean by context.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/10/2012 7:43 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
> "And how about putting that poor cat out of yours out of its misery.
> *****You could try probiotics. ******

i pretty much read "the probiotics will help put your cat out of the
misery it is suffering from......... and is an easy option to try"

there was other discussion on the probiotics leading up to this
statement to try to help Susan's cat

i was dismayed at the connoctations taken out of context..... i can see
where picking up one part of the sentence would skew your initial
intention, but reading the thread as it unfolded certainly gave a
different 'slant' on how folks read things

but, i happen to know you are an animal lover and would go to whatever
lengths to ease the misery the animal is suffering (no, i'm not
purporting euthenasia, and i know you know how to spell that word better
than i can)

kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Susan" > wrote in message
> x-o-archive: yes
>
> On 1/10/2012 9:55 PM, BlueBrooke wrote:
>
>> Dictionary? Sure -- lots of dictionaries. Maybe you should pull
>> yours out again, because you don't seem to understand the word
>> "context." In the "context" of animals who are critically or
>> terminally ill, the phrase means to kill them.
>>
>> But you already know that.

> Yes.
>
> Watching her try to lie her way to a plausible denial is quite an
> extraordinary spectacle. Every time she does it.

Lie? If I had stopped at the sentence that said put your cat out of his
misery I may have been able to see where you are coming from. As to
lying their way out of plausible denial I have watched you do that
hundreds of times. Justify should be your middle name.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 1/10/2012 7:25 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
>> No but if someone told me it had another meaning then for sure I
>> would
>> be not only checking but apologising

> and then there was the day Ratty started a.s.d.uk
>
> and someone spoke of a 'fanny pack'
>
> giggle
>
> i'll never forget THAT discussion, with NO ONE wanting to explain to
> the OP what was 'heard'
>
> countries divided by a common language

Yet in this case it is not. Its a case of a few people not having heard
the phrase in any way other than meaning to put down an animal. So
therefore it can't mean anything else.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 1/10/2012 7:43 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
>> "And how about putting that poor cat out of yours out of its misery.
>> *****You could try probiotics. ******

> i pretty much read "the probiotics will help put your cat out of the
> misery it is suffering from......... and is an easy option to try"
>
> there was other discussion on the probiotics leading up to this
> statement to try to help Susan's cat
>
> i was dismayed at the connoctations taken out of context..... i can
> see where picking up one part of the sentence would skew your initial
> intention, but reading the thread as it unfolded certainly gave a
> different 'slant' on how folks read things
>
> but, i happen to know you are an animal lover and would go to whatever
> lengths to ease the misery the animal is suffering (no, i'm not
> purporting euthenasia, and i know you know how to spell that word
> better than i can)

Animals to me are family members. I have never ever understood why a
horse gets put down because of a broken leg. Anyone who knows me
personally would have an extremely hard time believing I would be
telling Susan to put her cat down. But my personal testimony means jack
shit amongst strangers. So be it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/10/2012 8:10 PM, Susan wrote:
> x-o-archive: yes
>
> On 1/10/2012 9:59 PM, Tiger Lily wrote:
>> I see someone who has a problem, may not be able to put words to it and
>> needs help.
>>
>> My 'experience' with steroids doesn't go anywhere near what he's going
>> thru...... low dose for 5 days or the old 10 day step down method......
>> and every time it was very necessary and very effective with no side
>> affects (well, other than i had to test frequently and correct with
>> insulin as needed)
>>

> I'm sorry, maybe I'm being dense... I see discussion of metformin,
> prednisone, don't know what the person is still taking or what kind of
> problems he's having?
>
> I can't find the posts on my reader... maybe give the person my email
> addy if they think I can help? Depending on what their needs are, I can
> direct them to weaning off threads, dosing information, other resources.
>
> Susan

ok, i don't have his e-mail, i'll check on a new thread pinging the gent

he seemed floundering and looking for help, help i certainly am not
capable of giving

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/10/2012 8:22 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
>> countries divided by a common language

> Yet in this case it is not. Its a case of a few people not having heard
> the phrase in any way other than meaning to put down an animal. So
> therefore it can't mean anything else.

it's more than that Jan.......... i couldn't sleep when that whole
conversation was happening, so i saw the convo in real time

the thread links do NOT reflect that you had mentioned the probiotics
more than once before the thread that you are being 'called on' right now

not taking sides, just calling a spade a spade

had i come into the convo a week later, i would not have seen what lead
up to your statement, which i read as being frustrated at not being
heard when you have some valid points to make that may be helpful

i rely on my animal friends to tell me how to REALLY fix a problem that
the vet doesn't grasp

Susan has indicated the vet is 'by the book/cookbook' and that she takes
what the vet has to say only as a starting point (so do i, over and over
again)

One of my tibbies had skin tags......... many many skin tags........
these have caused me concern as she has a tumour in her mouth........ i
watch closely as if she appears to be in distress, that is MY
responsibility......... the skin tags are falling off now...... the vet
has NO idea how/why

kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/10/2012 8:36 PM, Susan wrote:
>> i pretty much read "the probiotics will help put your cat out of the
>> misery it is suffering from......... and is an easy option to try"

> Then you are reading out of the original context and getting it wrong to
> defend the indefensible. That's not what she was saying. And that's not
> what the term means in the context of a very ill cat.

fair enough, i read things differently from how you read them, the AND
word being VERY important in the initial statement

now, where is the GA comment, as that is what i was trying to copy for
this message????

hubby is still laughing at me

i was extremely stressed before the surgery as NONE OF THE DOCTORS WERE
LISTENING TO ME

i have NO idea what i said under anaesthetic, but the surgeon INFORMED
me he followed the directions my former surgeon had told me to pass on
to ANYONE who wanted to touch this disaster i have

now for my follow up appt (will i have to wear a paper bag??)

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 1/10/2012 8:36 PM, Susan wrote:
>>> i pretty much read "the probiotics will help put your cat out of the
>>> misery it is suffering from......... and is an easy option to try"

>> Then you are reading out of the original context and getting it wrong
>> defend the indefensible. That's not what she was saying. And that's
>> not
>> what the term means in the context of a very ill cat.

> fair enough, i read things differently from how you read them, the AND
> word being VERY important in the initial statement
>
> now, where is the GA comment, as that is what i was trying to copy for
> this message????
>
> hubby is still laughing at me
>
> i was extremely stressed before the surgery as NONE OF THE DOCTORS
> WERE LISTENING TO ME
>
> i have NO idea what i said under anaesthetic, but the surgeon INFORMED
> me he followed the directions my former surgeon had told me to pass on
> to ANYONE who wanted to touch this disaster i have
>
> now for my follow up appt (will i have to wear a paper bag??)

I have heard stories about what people say under anaesthetic but all
hear say (and your name was never mentioned...)

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Susan" > wrote in message

> No, though there may have been some attacks on me for not doing as
> your friend apparently demanded I do.

They are in your head. I have posted in another message all my posts
where I recommended trying probiotics. Best of luck trying to maintain
the lies.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"BlueBrooke" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 11:24:56 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> > wrote:
>
>>Even after I have explained (many times) that the usage was correct and
>>that it exists in American dictionaries and that the proper context was
>>used I am still guilty of a shameful act. Its still the not what you say
>>but who you are attitude that's rife in the diabetics groups.

> The usage is not correct. The definitions you provided that related
> to animals involved killing them. Unless you're wanting to argue that
> a cat would feel better if they were told who won the tournament, or
> if they were given the information they were waiting for.
>
> When you tell someone you're giving them "a buck," they know you're
> not about to hand over a male deer. When you tell someone to "put the
> animal out of its misery," they know you're not telling them to have a
> meaningful, information-filled conversation with it.
>
> I don't know if you're "guilty of a shameful act" or not. Only you
> know that. All I know is you're wrong about the usage -- "in
> context" -- and yet continue to argue that you're not. "In context,"
> the animal is put down.

She also mentioned tests and treatments. And it sounded from the way Susan
was posting that she wasn't going to have the tests done on the cat lest she
stress him out.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> [...]

> of yours out of its misery. You could try probiotics. If you are going
> to traumatise him by getting T4 blood tests why not have him sedated and
> given a 5 minute ultrasound to see if there is something seriously
> wrong? Trauma is trauma no matter what. Skittish or not, the cat needs
> proper evaluation of his health not you playing around with his diet all
> the time. You were obviously able to control him to have his blood test,
> you can surely control him to have sedation."
>
> Talking about putting the cat out of its misery as a stand alone
> statement. i.e. ignoring what immediately follows in the paragraph is
> talking out of context.
> Not a hard thing to understand.
> "con·text/'käntekst/
> Noun:The circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or
> idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood and assessed.

I think she just wants to be another dogpiler.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> [...]
>> : of misery; what happened? I put her out of her misery and told her how
>> : the movie ended.
>> : See also: misery, out, put
>> : McGraw-Hill Dictionary of ****************American Idioms*************
>> : and Phrasal Verbs. ? 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
>>
>> : Anyone still want to tell me the phase ONLY means to euthanise?
>>
>> :
>>
>> A number of us simultainiously were astounded to hear that there was
>> another meaning for a phrase we had all only heard s meaning to put down
>> or wthenize n animal. We all wrote, pretty simlutaniously. When you
>> described tht to you it didn't mean that some of us , at leasi I, said
>> that in the US it was not such a meaning tht it had in oz. thant's all.
>> When you sain put him out of his misery we had had an automatic response.
>> Once we were told tht it was one of those bum , ass, knock up , kind of
>> differences between British based and American usages we could begin to
>> deal with it. Criticising us all and claiming dog iling, etc is rather
>> an overkill from the Aussies as it was totally new to us USAns that there
>> was any other meaning.

> 1. I explained (starting at least a couple of days ago) about there being
> another meaning (with suggestions to check dictionaries and context) yet
> the posts still kept flowing in about it only having one meaning.
>
> 2. I haven't claimed dog piling at all. I defined (my own interpretation)
> of what dog piling means to me in another message. I do not feel dog
> piled.
>
> 3. This isn't a bum, arse difference at all because every American
> dictionary I have been able to see online thus far gives two meanings to
> the phrase (*without* saying the second meaning is more commonly a British
> phrase) so its more a "I haven't experienced it" moment which should mean
> the posts about it should have stopped long before now.
>
> 4. I have chosen to criticise anyone who has deliberately chosen to block
> that second meaning out of their heads (even after my requests to check
> out dictionaries and check context).
>
> 5. My aversion to a lot of things about Susan doesn't cloud my judgment.
> People choose to ignore or justify her bad behaviour. If one wants to take
> that stance then I enter into a debate with them also.
>
> 6. This is not simply a language difference (apart from the fact your
> dictionaries give two meanings also). If Susan says something derogatory a
> number of people jump to her defence claiming language difference or any
> other excuse. If I supposedly say something that could be a language
> difference issue I am crucified. Name one person in this thread that has
> said anything like oh Jan, I understand you meant no harm, we didn't
> realise that there was another meaning other than to euthanise an animal.
> No posts have had anything remotely sincere, all have said (bar one) that
> it means to kill. No acknowledgment of another meaning therefore no

I'm the one who claims dogpiling because that's how I see it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "BlueBrooke" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 10:34:31 +1000, "Ozgirl"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>Anyone still want to tell me the phase ONLY means to euthanise?

>> As applied to animals? Yes.

> And the proof of that statement is where?

Nowhere.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> [...]

>> to traumatise him by getting T4 blood tests why not have him sedated
>> and
>> given a 5 minute ultrasound to see if there is something seriously
>> wrong? Trauma is trauma no matter what. Skittish or not, the cat
>> needs
>> proper evaluation of his health not you playing around with his diet
>> all
>> the time. You were obviously able to control him to have his blood
>> test,
>> you can surely control him to have sedation."
>>
>> Talking about putting the cat out of its misery as a stand alone
>> statement. i.e. ignoring what immediately follows in the paragraph is
>> talking out of context.
>> Not a hard thing to understand.
>> "con·text/'käntekst/
>> Noun:The circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement,

Well I don't feel dogpiled. The reactions are just par for the course
and totally expected. If I said white was white not black everyone would
just know that I really meant white was black and that I just wanted to
kill their neighbour's ex's sister in law.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> [...]

>> one wants to take that stance then I enter into a debate with them
>> also.
>>
>> 6. This is not simply a language difference (apart from the fact your
>> dictionaries give two meanings also). If Susan says something
>> derogatory a number of people jump to her defence claiming language
>> difference or any other excuse. If I supposedly say something that
>> could be a language difference issue I am crucified. Name one person
>> in this thread that has said anything like oh Jan, I understand you
>> meant no harm, we didn't realise that there was another meaning other
>> than to euthanise an animal. No posts have had anything remotely
>> sincere, all have said (bar one) that it means to kill. No
>> acknowledgment of another meaning therefore no apology.

> I'm the one who claims dogpiling because that's how I see it.

But you are really me!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> 1. I explained (starting at least a couple of days ago) about there
>>> being another meaning (with suggestions to check dictionaries and
>>> context) yet the posts still kept flowing in about it only having one
>>> meaning.
>>>
>>> 2. I haven't claimed dog piling at all. I defined (my own
>>> interpretation) of what dog piling means to me in another message. I do
>>> not feel dog piled.
>>>
>>> 3. This isn't a bum, arse difference at all because every American
>>> dictionary I have been able to see online thus far gives two meanings to
>>> the phrase (*without* saying the second meaning is more commonly a
>>> British phrase) so its more a "I haven't experienced it" moment which
>>> should mean the posts about it should have stopped long before now.
>>>
>>> 4. I have chosen to criticise anyone who has deliberately chosen to
>>> block that second meaning out of their heads (even after my requests to
>>> check out dictionaries and check context).
>>>
>>> 5. My aversion to a lot of things about Susan doesn't cloud my judgment.
>>> People choose to ignore or justify her bad behaviour. If one wants to
>>> take that stance then I enter into a debate with them also.
>>>
>>> 6. This is not simply a language difference (apart from the fact your
>>> dictionaries give two meanings also). If Susan says something derogatory
>>> a number of people jump to her defence claiming language difference or
>>> any other excuse. If I supposedly say something that could be a language
>>> difference issue I am crucified. Name one person in this thread that has
>>> said anything like oh Jan, I understand you meant no harm, we didn't
>>> realise that there was another meaning other than to euthanise an
>>> animal. No posts have had anything remotely sincere, all have said (bar
>>> one) that it means to kill. No acknowledgment of another meaning
>>> therefore no apology.

>> I'm the one who claims dogpiling because that's how I see it.

> But you are really me!

Oh! Is that what my problem is? And all this time I thought I was just sad
and pathetic.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote:
> [...]

> another meaning for a phrase we had all only heard s meaning to put down
> or wthenize n animal. We all wrote, pretty simlutaniously. When you
> described tht to you it didn't mean that some of us , at leasi I, said
> that in the US it was not such a meaning tht it had in oz. thant's all.
> When you sain put him out of his misery we had had an automatic response.
> Once we were told tht it was one of those bum , ass, knock up , kind of
> differences between British based and American usages we could begin to
> deal with it. Criticising us all and claiming dog iling, etc is rather
> an overkill from the Aussies as it was totally new to us USAns that there
> was any other meaning.
>
> Please don't let your hostility towards Susan so cloud your view that you
> misinterpret all of our reactions. It is simply one of those langage
> differences that come up every once in a while.

<sigh> Sensitivity training would be good for many people, including me.
Does FITH mean her brain is no good or she is a fellatrix?

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

> rescue remedy also comes in drops, maybe 2-3 drops mixed in a little
> food.

may i highly recommend rescue remedy

i know a few people from across the planet Earth who will recommend this
as a very easy solution....... couple of drops on some food they will
eat...... absorbed quickly and highly effective

no, i don't know what is in rescue remedy, i asked the vet for Valium
for my dogs when they needed sedation

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/10/2012 9:51 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
>> i was extremely stressed before the surgery as NONE OF THE DOCTORS
>> WERE LISTENING TO ME
>>
>> i have NO idea what i said under anaesthetic, but the surgeon INFORMED
>> me he followed the directions my former surgeon had told me to pass on
>> to ANYONE who wanted to touch this disaster i have
>>
>> now for my follow up appt (will i have to wear a paper bag??)

> I have heard stories about what people say under anaesthetic but all
> hear say (and your name was never mentioned...)

oh, my last words were "i'm not responsible for ANYTHING i say while
under general" followed by "ohhh, bye!" as i went under

i think that's about when i freaked out, any appearance of being 'calm,
cool, collected and in good humour' probably fell thru the hatch and i
told them what i was REALLY WORRIED ABOUT

instead of being brushed off with 'medicine has changed a lot', a minor
explanation of how things had changed or even an ACKNOWLEDGEMENT of what
my former surgeon had told me to MAKE SURE I TELL ANY OTHER SURGEON THIS
would have been great in reducing my stress/anxiety levels

i was close to manic by time they got me to surgery

did i mention they lost my first appt, then it was 'solved', then they
lost my appt for the pre-op clinic?, and then it was 'solved' and the
night before my surgery date, they had NO record of my impending
surgery, again??????? this was 'solved' at 9pm the night before day
surgery........ i got to day surgery and kept hearing 'oh, this is odd,
you don't have a time booked'

i was SO confident............... NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kate (persistent if nothing else!)
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/10/2012 10:38 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> I'll buy the cake for the pity party because you don't like cake.

> Um... Are you allowed to say that in here?
>
> *Looks sheepish*

LOL

we'll have a Pithy Pity Party for you, and Jan and I can eat the cake

wait, Jeremy and a few others are nearby, we could have a meet! LOL

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/10/2012 11:45 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> That might be acceptable but... I am not supposed to say that I don't like
> something. So I don't know if it would be acceptable for*you* to say that
> I don't like something.

eeeeeewwwwwwwww, that's DISGUSTING i would NEVER eat that, it's too
slimey and i can't stand it, it makes me want to GACK and PUKE

sorry, Julie, bit of a difference on what you think folks were frowning
upon and what you see/saw/think

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/10/2012 10:46 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
> Name one person in this thread that has
>> said anything like oh Jan, I understand you meant no harm

too weird, i'm missing posts again

I have stated that i heard you, Jan.

We have been on chat when i've had to deal with pet problems, as have
you. Voice contact lets you hear that the other person CARES and is
trying the HELP.

If someone is lying it is heard in the communication, especially over years.

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/10/2012 11:07 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
> But you are really me!

oh crap, no! LOL

Julie, girl, love you, but........ i can't agree with you a lot of the time.

Jan, if you see any similarities, please tell me, cause i sure don't!

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> If I say that I am enjoying a drink do you automatically assume it is
> alcohol? Probably you would!

LMFAO That is perfect, Julie! Isn't that exactly the ONLY meaning when
you've been stopped on the highway and the cop says, "Have you been
drinking?" PIMPLMFAO

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

> > wrote in message

>> I know you mean well, Kate. But Jan alone is responsible for what she
>> said. And it's clear why she is trying to say she didn't.
>>
>> But she did.

This is SO bad a time for news.individual.net to NOT be sending me
messages and you are on the SAME service, Susan.

With all respect, i truly didn't read what you are saying was
intended........ Ask anyone i know......... i call 'em as i see's 'em
and........ i'll often ask folks in RL "do you REALLY want an answer to
THAT question?, think before you ask.........."

i can only speak of what i believe is honest, and with respect for all
parties

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/11/2012 12:40 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:
> <sigh> Sensitivity training would be good for many people, including me.
> Does FITH mean her brain is no good or she is a fellatrix?

Bellatrix??

or??

kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/11/2012 1:06 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:
> LMFAO That is perfect, Julie! Isn't that exactly the ONLY meaning when
> you've been stopped on the highway and the cop says, "Have you been
> drinking?" PIMPLMFAO

ahhhh, yup! LOL

which is why i say, brb, got to get some pop!

love the new acronym! LOL

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily > wrote:
> > > wrote in message

> >> I know you mean well, Kate. But Jan alone is responsible for what she
> >> said. And it's clear why she is trying to say she didn't.
> >>
> >> But she did.

> This is SO bad a time for news.individual.net to NOT be sending me
> messages and you are on the SAME service, Susan.
>
> With all respect, i truly didn't read what you are saying was
> intended........ Ask anyone i know......... i call 'em as i see's 'em
> and........ i'll often ask folks in RL "do you REALLY want an answer to
> THAT question?, think before you ask.........."
>
> i can only speak of what i believe is honest, and with respect for all
> parties

In over 20 years of wedded bliss, I have only asked my wife once, "Do you
really want to know?"

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily > wrote:
> On 1/11/2012 12:40 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:
> > <sigh> Sensitivity training would be good for many people, including
> > me. Does FITH mean her brain is no good or she is a fellatrix?

> Bellatrix??
>
> or??

I've never read or seen anything Harry Potterish.

I was referring to Doctora Lambastaka.

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily > wrote:
> On 1/11/2012 1:06 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:
> > LMFAO That is perfect, Julie! Isn't that exactly the ONLY meaning when
> > you've been stopped on the highway and the cop says, "Have you been
> > drinking?" PIMPLMFAO

> ahhhh, yup! LOL
>
> which is why i say, brb, got to get some pop!
>
> love the new acronym! LOL
>
> kate

Thank you, dear lady. <bowing>

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> [...]

>> response.
>> Once we were told tht it was one of those bum , ass, knock up , kind
>> of
>> differences between British based and American usages we could begin
>> deal with it. Criticising us all and claiming dog iling, etc is
>> rather
>> an overkill from the Aussies as it was totally new to us USAns that
>> there
>> was any other meaning.
>>
>> Please don't let your hostility towards Susan so cloud your view that
>> you
>> misinterpret all of our reactions. It is simply one of those
>> langage
>> differences that come up every once in a while.

> <sigh> Sensitivity training would be good for many people, including
> me.
> Does FITH mean her brain is no good or she is a fellatrix?

I'd say it probably means my brain is FUBAR, but I am not a psychic so I
can't say for sure. Whatever, telling someone they are ****ed in the
head is pretty strong stuff.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 1/10/2012 10:38 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> I'll buy the cake for the pity party because you don't like cake.

>> Um... Are you allowed to say that in here?
>>
>> *Looks sheepish*
>>

> LOL
>
> we'll have a Pithy Pity Party for you, and Jan and I can eat the cake
>
> wait, Jeremy and a few others are nearby, we could have a meet! LOL

Jeremy, blast from the past. I didn't bring his addy over from an old
computer (which got accidentally tossed out - don't ask, anything can
happen in this house). Is he ok? Give him my email address.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 1/10/2012 11:45 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> That might be acceptable but... I am not supposed to say that I
>> don't like
>> something. So I don't know if it would be acceptable for*you* to
>> say that
>> I don't like something.

> eeeeeewwwwwwwww, that's DISGUSTING i would NEVER eat that, it's too
> slimey and i can't stand it, it makes me want to GACK and PUKE

Here's a pukey bucket. Actually I use empty ice cream containers, keep a
few hidden away in cupboards around the house. Good thing is you can
toss them out afterwards.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 1/10/2012 11:07 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
>> But you are really me!

> oh crap, no! LOL
>
> Julie, girl, love you, but........ i can't agree with you a lot of the
> time.
>
> Jan, if you see any similarities, please tell me, cause i sure don't!
>
> kate

We are human, that's a start! Anyway vive la différence

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>>
>> If I say that I am enjoying a drink do you automatically assume it is
>> alcohol? Probably you would!

> LMFAO That is perfect, Julie! Isn't that exactly the ONLY meaning when
> you've been stopped on the highway and the cop says, "Have you been
> drinking?" PIMPLMFAO

IME police now ask if you have drunk any alcohol Maybe they got too
many smartarse answers in the past, lol.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

>> This is SO bad a time for news.individual.net to NOT be sending me
>> messages and you are on the SAME service, Susan.
>>
>> With all respect, i truly didn't read what you are saying was
>> intended........ Ask anyone i know......... i call 'em as i see's 'em
>> and........ i'll often ask folks in RL "do you REALLY want an answer
>> THAT question?, think before you ask.........."
>>
>> i can only speak of what i believe is honest, and with respect for
>> all
>> parties

> In over 20 years of wedded bliss, I have only asked my wife once, "Do
> you
> really want to know?"

And did she? lol