Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Evelyn Evelyn is offline

Default For one who shall remain nameless.....

On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 14:19:32 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> wrote:

>"Evelyn" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 19:32:03 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

om...

>>>Uh oh. I can sense the attacks coming now!

>> I can ignore an attack or I can respond to it. Mostly I just ignore
>> it. I don't expect or demand that everyone agree with me. Especially
>> those who have their own point of view and are strongly attached to
>> it. Disagreeing with me is not necessarily an attack either. I try
>> not to see it as such.

>Disagreeing is a fine thing, people can argue the merits of both sides
>in an amiable way but sometimes when people disagree they insert
>insidious little digs amongst the amiable words which changes the tone
>and I tend to pick up on those not so subtle subtleties.

We all do that. It may help to consider that they are TRYING to
soften their terminology in order NOT to hurt you. Then you can meet
them half way by ignoring it! Subtle digs can be interpreted as an
attempt to differ without being overtly nasty. Just a little mental
trick!

Evelyn