Old 05-01-2012, 03:31 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default For one who shall remain nameless.....

"Evelyn" wrote in message
On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 19:16:08 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Evelyn" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 18:57:55 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Evelyn" wrote in message
m...
On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 18:42:59 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Evelyn" wrote in message
news:[email protected] com...
On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 12:01:45 +1000, "Ozgirl"
wrote:

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Evelyn" wrote in message
"All unhappiness is due to the ego; with it comes all your
trouble.
What does it avail you to attribute to the happenings in life
the
cause of misery which is really within you? What happiness can
you
get
from things extraneous to yourself ? When you get it, how long
will
it
last ?" -- Ramana Maharshi

Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never
do
anything wise in this world.
~Helen Keller

This is all getting beyond a joke, you all need to take a good
look
at yourselves, this kind of behaviour towards a fellow human
being
is
shameful. I wouldn't treat a dog in this manner.

No you wouldn't treat a dog that way, but you and Julie treat
Susan
that way every chance you get, and I never see a word from you
about
the FOAD that Julie is throwing around all the time. Preacher,
take
good look at yourself before taking others to task.

Susan is not a saint and never will be. She makes unprovoked attacks
at
every opportunity and she gets back what she gives out. You do know
the
difference between people tit for tatting with Susan and the
behaviour
of many shown towards Julie.

NONE of us are saints, neither Susan nor Julie or you or I. There
is
no mistaking the term FOAD. It means **** off and die. Not nice
by
any means!

I hope this nasty stuff gets settled soon!

Peace!

And it wasn't meant to be nice. I am not a doormat. And I am not
here
be verbally abused over and over again. Seems many people here seem
think it is okay to do it to me. Ah but when I do it to them? Well!

Julie, we cannot possibly control other people, but if you think to
yourself, "what will be the result of telling someone to **** off and
die, will it bring peace? Will it escalate the problems? Will it
help anyone? Will it help me?"...... I think you will discover that
the answer to all of those questions is "no".

Perhaps as a Buddhist you are here to bring peace. I am not.

Did their attacks help me? No. In fact I *still* don't know which post
was
the post that was supposed to be helpful to me. That is how this all
started. Robert Miles left me a vague message and pinged me about it.
He
didn't tell me specifically which one it was. And when I said I
couldn't
find a post that was helpful to me, instead of someone pointing out
where
or
what this post was, they just started attacking me and telling me I was
ungrateful!

We all get on one anothers nerves from time to time. You and I had a
few words a while back and I was sorry that it happened and we both
made some effort to smooth it all over.

That needs to happen in this instance too, sooner or later.

Or I may just leave. Because this has become a very unpleasant place to
be.

Julie, for heavens sake, EVERYBODY knew what post it was, it was the
only post that appeared on ASD with the word "GASTROPARESIS" in the
heading. You keep railing on about wanting to know what post was
being pointed out to you. How did you miss it? Go look for it
yourself, nobody is going to repost it for you! I am not, and I
doubt others will either. You need to be proactive about these
things.

I saw a post by Wendy that was about gastroparesis. I read it. It said
that there are fewer people who have it than once thought. So again, I
state... How could that be helpful to me? I was diagnosed with it via
endoscopy. And it was then confirmed. Is Robert saying that perhaps I
don't actually have it? That my Dr. was wrong? Or is he somehow laughing
at me because I am one of the few who does have it? I don't get it. I
really don't. If that was the post that was supposed to be helpful to
*me*.
It wasn't. Nothing wrong with the post but I just don't get the *helpful
me* factor.

And then after I read the post, Tiger Lily said I needed to go back and
look
again. When I did, I saw the reply from Ozgirl. Again, nothing wrong
with
that but again, nothing helpful to me. So could you please explain why
this
would be helpful to me? Because truly I do not get it.

I have no idea.

I think they saw the word "gastroparesis" and knowing you had issues
with it, they mentioned it.

If it is not helpful to you, just ignore it!!!!!!!!

But you see, I couldn't do that because that is how the attacks started!
They said I didn't thank Robert! How could I thank him if I didn't know
what I was thanking him for? I can only assume now that either Robert
didn't read the article or... Robert simply knows nothing about
gastroparesis. Or... I just don't know.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:32 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" wrote in message
On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 19:23:14 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Evelyn" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 19:03:08 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Evelyn" wrote in message
m...
On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 18:41:28 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Evelyn" wrote in message
[...]

that Julie is throwing around all the time. Preacher, take a good
look
at
yourself before taking others to task.

AFAIK, Ozgirl has never said anything unkind to me. However there are
quite
a few dogpilers in here who are doing it now. Including those who say
they
don't. One makes bad comments about my canned chicken or canned broth
and
then complains that *I* say something is disgusting? Complains about
*my*
buying prepared foods and then posts on how to reuse rotisserie
chicken?
don't get it. I really don't.

And still the question remains. Which post was it that was supposed
have
been of interest to me? I have asked this repeatedly now and that is
how
this all started. And yet nobody can take the time to answer.

For your information, a rotisserie chicken is a FRESH chicken, cooked
in the store, THAT DAY as opposed to being cooked in my house.

On the other hand, canned broth may have been made a year ago. We
have no way of knowing how old it is, not to mention the very fact of
it being canned isn't really good for you. Cans are lined with
plastic containing carcinogens.

I buy organic boxed broth most of the time. As for cans, I have no
problems
with eating canned food and I think neither do most people who live in
this
country/

In spite of that, I occasionally will use canned broth when I am in a
hurry too. Fresh is always better than prepared foods. A FRESH
chicken (no matter where it is cooked) is not the same thing as
something in a can or a box meant to last for months on end.

Fresh is not always better, IMO. Obviously it is in yours. I do watch
Food
Network and other cooking shows. Those chefs on there are advocates of
canned and boxed broths.

I was just pointing out how on the one hand you get upset with me for
not
liking something. But you feel it is okay for you to not like
something.
And it's not just you. Susan says Tom doesn't eat salmon. No, she
didn't
say why. But if *I* were to say that I didn't eat salmon, someone would
sure pipe right up and call me out on it.

That's the way life is......

Notice that my recipe which had one very small potato for a whole pot
of soup, and a quarter of a cup of rice, got jumped on too.

So what?

Anyone who doesn't like those items can just leave them out.

And yet they jumped on me for saying they were vocal low carbers. The
very
same person. Yep. Kinda funny! And not in a ha ha kind of way.

Carbs, low carb, high carb, limited carb, these same issues come up
again and again on these groups. I listen to my dietician. She's a
professional, and I feel better and do well with her advice.

Uh oh. I can sense the attacks coming now!

Old 05-01-2012, 03:36 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 19:31:26 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Evelyn" wrote in message
On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 18:57:55 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

om...

wrote:

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Evelyn" wrote in message
[...]

I would just leave it and say nothing if it wasn't helpful. I can't
tell you how many times I have done just that. Sometimes just simply
dropping it is best.

Evelyn
Old 05-01-2012, 03:40 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:

: "Cheri" wrote in message
: ...
: "Ozgirl" wrote in message
: ...
:
:
: "Cheri" wrote in message
: ...
: "Evelyn" wrote in message
: ...
[...]

: buying prepared foods and then posts on how to reuse rotisserie chicken? I
: don't get it. I really don't.

: And still the question remains. Which post was it that was supposed to have
: been of interest to me? I have asked this repeatedly now and that is how
: this all started. And yet nobody can take the time to answer.

I just wrote about that on the other thread. I believe it was the use of
pureed meat and vegetables like ozgirls's friend even if you are supposed
to be past that stage. If it works to eat soupy pureed meat adn veggie
soup, try it.

Less strain on your digestive system.

Wendy
Old 05-01-2012, 03:40 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 19:32:03 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Evelyn" wrote in message
On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 19:03:08 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

om...
wrote:

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Evelyn" wrote in message
[...]

I can ignore an attack or I can respond to it. Mostly I just ignore
it. I don't expect or demand that everyone agree with me. Especially
those who have their own point of view and are strongly attached to
it. Disagreeing with me is not necessarily an attack either. I try
not to see it as such.

Evelyn

Old 05-01-2012, 03:47 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

: "Cheri" wrote in message
: ...
: "Ozgirl" wrote in message
: ...
:
:
: "Cheri" wrote in message
: ...
: "Evelyn" wrote in message
: ...
[...]

That's part of your pattern Julie, you say outrageous things at times, and
keep saying them until you **** people off enough that they respond in
kind...and then Jan rushes to your defense with the "poor little Julie"
thing, and all of a sudden you're playing the victim with a bunch of old
"meanie heads" attacking you for no reason. As another poster said, it's
predictable, and will probably happen again sooner or later...when you get
bored with no attention.

Cheri

Old 05-01-2012, 04:01 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

: "Cheri" wrote in message
: ...
: "Ozgirl" wrote in message
: ...
:
:
: "Cheri" wrote in message
: ...
: "Evelyn" wrote in message
: ...
[...]

But it is only to be used after an acute attack. If you continue to eat
like that, you will never get any better. Yes, some people never get
better. Some even have to be on a feeding tube. Thankfully that is not me!

Old 05-01-2012, 04:03 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message
"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

: "Cheri" wrote in message
: ...
: "Ozgirl" wrote in message
: ...
:
:
: "Cheri" wrote in message
: ...
: "Evelyn" wrote in message
: ...
[...]

You don't even know the whole story Cheri. One of the people here sent me
an e-mail that was very weird, didn't make any sense and told me to tell her
to FOAD via e-mail. And no, I am not going to repost it here. This on the
very day that Robert made the post to me. Whether or not there is a
connection I do not know. I was trying to sort that out but I have given up
on that now! This whole thing has blown up in a bad way.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:13 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" wrote in message
On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 19:03:08 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Evelyn" wrote in message
[...]

And we all have different levels of insulin resistance. If a person
can't eat a bit of potato then insulin resistance is probably very high.
I personally have reversed my insulin resistance and have for the past
year been able to eat what i want and in what quantities I want. Not
that I do it all the time but its nice to know I can walk into a
restaurant or be at a party and not have to worry about spiking.

Some diabetics can eat a whole potato (depending on insulin resistance
meds, insulin etc), some can't. I don't think we should have to cater
to the lowest possible denominator/ If one potato on a whole dish for 6
people is too much then omit the potato. I would have to presume that
people in here are smart enough to figure out what they can or cannot
tolerate without hoohah. Obviously some fly bys come here from time to
time and post recipes that are almost entirely carb and high at that but
a recipe with a small amount of starch over a goodly amount of serves is
something easily adapted to suit the individual.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:19 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" wrote in message
On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 19:32:03 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Evelyn" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 19:23:14 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Evelyn" wrote in message
m...
On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 19:03:08 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

news:[email protected] com...
wrote:

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Evelyn" wrote in message
[...]

Disagreeing is a fine thing, people can argue the merits of both sides
in an amiable way but sometimes when people disagree they insert
insidious little digs amongst the amiable words which changes the tone
and I tend to pick up on those not so subtle subtleties.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:37 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message
"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

: "Cheri" wrote in message
: ...
: "Ozgirl" wrote in message
: ...
:
:
: "Cheri" wrote in message
: ...
: "Evelyn" wrote in message
: ...
[...]

That is not true. I object to people pushing advice on someone who
doesn't want it then getting hostile and insulting when their
unsolicited offered are rebuffed. If Julie just randomly started telling
people off in unprovoked attacks then she would deserve to be abused
back.

and all of a sudden you're playing the victim with a bunch of old
"meanie heads" attacking you for no reason. As another poster said,
it's predictable, and will probably happen again sooner or
later...when you get bored with no attention.

She posts a huge amount of stuff and the only stuff that gets commented
on are her personal dislikes and things she says are yewww, vile,
disgusting, whatever. If it was about attention she would be demanding
it in every subject she posts about.

Susan mentioned the past post about what Dorothy posted to Julie (in a
response to a post from Evelyn). What you said at the time follows:

"Meanness alert !!!!
You have put the facts as gently and kindly as possible.
However, this silly bitch just doesn't deserve that kind of
consideration from me.
She denies spoiling her daughter. But goes out in foul weather to buy
knitting needles ? All the while, whining endlessly about driving
conditions. She feeds an overweight gal french fries and I'm sure buys
her precious
darling other unhealthy treats.
Her callous disregard and obvious disdain for any constructive
suggestions
should be a clue to all as to the sort of person she is, and the
attitudes she espouses.
Most of us have or have had health problems, and yet do not feel the
need
to burden newsgroups with totally unrelated / off topic crap about our
personal lives. Yet - not a day goes by without some half wit post or
posts from this silly article. Still, some people seem to dote on
her as though she were a damaged child, and not a selfish, if clueless
adult.
I have her filtered, to avoid wasting time and space on her vapid
drivel.
And I agree, she needs professional, mental counseling."

Cheri:

"What purpose does the meaness serve though?

You have put the facts as gently and kindly as possible.

That's what support groups do, and Evelyn is always kind, even when
she's
frustrated.

However, this silly bitch just doesn't deserve that kind of
consideration from me.

What she doesn't deserve is to be called names like that.

She denies spoiling her daughter. But goes out in foul weather to buy
knitting needles ? All the while, whining endlessly about driving
conditions. She feeds an overweight gal french fries and I'm sure
buys her precious darling other unhealthy treats.

Which is her own business IMO.

Her callous disregard and obvious disdain for any constructive
suggestions should be a clue to all as to the sort of person she is,
and the attitudes she espouses.

For many, many years...Julie has said that she mostly needs to vent, and
that she's NOT at all interested in advice in most cases. I take her at
her
word, and allowing a diabetic to vent without harsh judgment is support
too
IMO.

Most of us have or have had health problems, and yet do not feel the
need to burden newsgroups with totally unrelated / off topic crap
about our personal lives. Yet - not a day goes by without some half
wit post or posts from this silly article. Still, some people seem to
dote on her as though she were a damaged child, and not a selfish, if
clueless adult.

I don't see her that way at all, and certainly not as a burden to the
newsgroup. We are more than just diabetics, we're people who sometimes
need an ear.

I have her filtered, to avoid wasting time and space on her vapid
drivel.

Filtering somebody beats the Heck out of beating up on a long time
poster
IMO."

That post of yours could pretty much have been me speaking. Yet you said
this about me today??:

Old 05-01-2012, 04:49 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Evelyn wrote:
[ . . . . ]
Carbs, low carb, high carb, limited carb, these same issues come up
again and again on these groups. I listen to my dietician. She's a
professional, and I feel better and do well with her advice.

I listen to my glucometer. I check its accuracy by comparing my reading
with my doctors, every three months. That's when I get my A1c checked, too.

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Old 05-01-2012, 04:59 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

: "Cheri" wrote in message
: ...
: "Ozgirl" wrote in message
: ...
:
:
: "Cheri" wrote in message
: ...
: "Evelyn" wrote in message
: ...
[...]

On another note. My daughter's MIL that I spoke about has been told they
will be taking about 1/3 of her bowel out for the cancer op on the 10th.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:34 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

: "Cheri" wrote in message
: ...
: "Ozgirl" wrote in message
: ...
:
:
: "Cheri" wrote in message
: ...
: "Evelyn" wrote in message
: ...
[...]

Not good!

Old 05-01-2012, 06:27 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

wrote in message
wrote in message

wrote in message
wrote in message
"All unhappiness is due to the ego; with it comes all your trouble.
What does it avail you to attribute to the happenings in life the
cause of misery which is really within you? What happiness can you
get
from things extraneous to yourself ? When you get it, how long will
it
last ?" -- Ramana Maharshi

Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never do
anything wise in this world.
~Helen Keller

This is all getting beyond a joke, you all need to take a good look
at yourselves, this kind of behaviour towards a fellow human being is
shameful. I wouldn't treat a dog in this manner.

No you wouldn't treat a dog that way, but you and Julie treat Susan
that way every chance you get, and I never see a word from you about
the FOAD that Julie is throwing around all the time. Preacher, take a
good look at yourself before taking others to task.

Susan is not a saint and never will be. She makes unprovoked attacks at
every opportunity and she gets back what she gives out. You do know the
difference between people tit for tatting with Susan and the behaviour
of many shown towards Julie.

NONE of us are saints, neither Susan nor Julie or you or I. There is
no mistaking the term FOAD. It means **** off and die. Not nice by
any means!

I hope this nasty stuff gets settled soon!

Peace!

And it wasn't meant to be nice. I am not a doormat. And I am not here to
be verbally abused over and over again. Seems many people here seem to
think it is okay to do it to me. Ah but when I do it to them? Well!

Julie, we cannot possibly control other people, but if you think to
yourself, "what will be the result of telling someone to **** off and
die, will it bring peace? Will it escalate the problems? Will it
help anyone? Will it help me?"...... I think you will discover that
the answer to all of those questions is "no".

We all get on one anothers nerves from time to time. You and I had a
few words a while back and I was sorry that it happened and we both
made some effort to smooth it all over.

That needs to happen in this instance too, sooner or later.

Evelyn

eloquent and well stated Evelyn

i don't care what barbs are the 'problem' but the FOAD? ott in my books
and inexcusable

ya, i've told folks to FOAD but they REALLY needed that line (baseless
lies and such)

i see there is a perception problem between "being treated they way YOU
just treated someone and the response YOU get being interpreted as
'attacks' when they are simply replies in context" and, no, I'm not
saying Evelyn "you" here

kate