Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Evelyn Evelyn is offline

Default For one who shall remain nameless.....

On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 19:46:29 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Evelyn" > wrote in message
.. .

>> Thanks. It is good to see him feeling better. He's been pretty
>> miserable, limping around while we waited for the appointment.
>>
>> Evelyn

>I remember Baron, and I hope you see more improvement soon.
>
>Cheri

My first dog was named Baron and he had displasia also. He lived to
be almost ten, which is pretty good considering he had NO hip sockets.
According to experts I consulted back then, dogs with very bad
displasia often do better than those with slight displasia in the
actual process of living.

My second Baron died of bone cancer which occurred after he had a
tumor on his tail. He never showed any signs of hip issues.

This guy is named Max, and he is probably one of the most gorgeous
German Shepherds I have ever seen. A beautiful black and red, big
boned, huge head, and the sweetest temperament you can imagine. He is
well behaved, trained, and he likes dogs, cats, people, children,
babies..... I trust him around them all.

He is only about 6 yrs old, so I am hoping to be able to find a
combination of medicine and a gentle exercise regimen that will keep
him mobile for a little longer. If he was an older dog, I would not
be so inclined to put him through it, but I think he is worth it.

He's amazing as a pet and guard dog, not to mention how good he is
with the grandchildren and our cats.

Evelyn