Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Evelyn Evelyn is offline

Default For one who shall remain nameless.....

On Thu, 05 Jan 2012 18:05:51 -0500, Peppermint Patootie
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Evelyn > wrote:
>
>> It is quite scary. I have been noticing a lot of formerly canned
>> foods are now available in glass jars in the supermarket. Also lots
>> of glass storage containers, with just plastic lids. I guess the
>> word is getting out!
>>
>> Evelyn

>I wish they'd hurry up and have more tomatoes in jars. I use a lot of
>diced or whole or crushed tomatoes in my cooking, and they're all in
>cans! Sauces are in jars, but I like to make my own sauces. I saw a
>list of seven foods the experts won't eat, and one of them was canned
>tomatoes. I cannot afford to buy fresh tomatoes all year and use them
>in cooking. *sigh*
>
>PP

They actually started putting that plastic lining into tomato cans
first, because the acidity of the tomatoes would sometimes corrode the
can. You seldom see that anymore now that the plastic lining is
there. But I expect that jarred tomatoes will be along shortly......
or else they will find some other sort of liner that won't carry
carcinogens.

Evelyn