Old 07-01-2012, 02:47 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default For one who shall remain nameless.....

"Nick Cramer" wrote in message
Evelyn wrote:
Nick Cramer wrote:
Evelyn wrote:
"Julie Bove" wrote:
[ . . . . ]
But not all plastic is a problem.

A LOT of it is. More, I would guess, than we realize.

Franklin's lost expedition ate a lot of canned food. ;-(

They proved that most of them died of lead poisoning, since they used
to use lead to seal the sides of the can. Nowadays they seal the
inside with plastic and that is carcinogenic. The more you know the
more you realize that FRESH IS BEST!!!!!

A lot of foods aren't available fresh here in Kalifornia. I can't get
fresh
lamb from NZ or Oz. I can't get fresh sadau from Thailand. I have to get
them frozen. @#$%^&*

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~

Costco does a huge business in fresh Australian lamb, and Sams Club
likewise in NZ lamb ...

pavane

Old 07-01-2012, 03:58 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 08:47:40 -0500, "pavane"
wrote:

"Nick Cramer" wrote in message
Evelyn wrote:
Nick Cramer wrote:
Evelyn wrote:
"Julie Bove" wrote:
[ . . . . ]
[...]

I can attest to the excellent quality of Sam's Club lamb!

Evelyn
Old 07-01-2012, 05:21 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" wrote in message
On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 19:46:29 -0800, "Cheri"
wrote:

"Evelyn" wrote in message
. ..

Thanks. It is good to see him feeling better. He's been pretty
miserable, limping around while we waited for the appointment.

Evelyn

I remember Baron, and I hope you see more improvement soon.

Cheri

My first dog was named Baron and he had displasia also. He lived to
be almost ten, which is pretty good considering he had NO hip sockets.
According to experts I consulted back then, dogs with very bad
displasia often do better than those with slight displasia in the
actual process of living.

My second Baron died of bone cancer which occurred after he had a
tumor on his tail. He never showed any signs of hip issues.

This guy is named Max, and he is probably one of the most gorgeous
German Shepherds I have ever seen. A beautiful black and red, big
boned, huge head, and the sweetest temperament you can imagine. He is
well behaved, trained, and he likes dogs, cats, people, children,
babies..... I trust him around them all.

I'm really sorry Evelyn. Dysplasia is fairly common in German Shepherds
isn't it? My in-laws had a beautiful German Shepherd named Sutter, he was a
wonderful dog and did manage to escape some of the common maladies of larger
dogs.

Cheri

Old 07-01-2012, 07:20 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 08:21:48 -0800, "Cheri"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Evelyn" wrote in message

[...]

Even if the parents pass their OFA certification for good hips, the
pups can still have it. Sadly it is common in ALL breeds over 25
lbs.

Evelyn
Old 08-01-2012, 01:46 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/7/2012 11:20 AM, Evelyn wrote:
Even if the parents pass their OFA certification for good hips, the
pups can still have it. Sadly it is common in ALL breeds over 25
lbs.

Evelyn

well, and more that are 'small breeds'

and the small breeds have a "luxating patella" issue with their front
legs (i think it means their front legs spay outward, sorry, brain dead
today)

kate

Old 08-01-2012, 01:48 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/7/2012 9:19 AM, Susan wrote:
Costco has unfrozen lamb from Oz... will have to check if it's labeled
as "previously frozen."

Susan

90% of the lamb says 'previously frozen' or is sold frozen

the 'fresh' lamb......... oh my $$$$$$$$ is expensive

kate
Old 08-01-2012, 02:21 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 8/01/2012 10:48 AM, Tiger Lily wrote:
On 1/7/2012 9:19 AM, Susan wrote:
Costco has unfrozen lamb from Oz... will have to check if it's labeled
as "previously frozen."

Susan

90% of the lamb says 'previously frozen' or is sold frozen

the 'fresh' lamb......... oh my $$$$$$$$ is expensive

kate

Same here and it's fresh here I'm considering taking out a loan to buy a
leg of lamb sometime this year :-)

You get it cheaper than we do even with the cost of the plane ticket and
tourist visa.

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia
Old 08-01-2012, 03:17 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 07 Jan 2012 17:46:57 -0700, Tiger Lily wrote:

On 1/7/2012 11:20 AM, Evelyn wrote:
Even if the parents pass their OFA certification for good hips, the
pups can still have it. Sadly it is common in ALL breeds over 25
lbs.

Evelyn

well, and more that are 'small breeds'

and the small breeds have a "luxating patella" issue with their front
legs (i think it means their front legs spay outward, sorry, brain dead
today)

kate

My dog also has an elbow problem. It could be that which you
mentioned. I didn't make note of the name of the problem, but the

Evelyn
Old 08-01-2012, 03:42 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" wrote in message
On 1/7/2012 9:19 AM, Susan wrote:
Costco has unfrozen lamb from Oz... will have to check if it's
labeled
as "previously frozen."

Susan

90% of the lamb says 'previously frozen' or is sold frozen

the 'fresh' lamb......... oh my $$$$$$$$ is expensive

kate

My local wholesaler is offering crumbed lamb cutlets at 5 for $10 from
tomorrow, super special! It will cost me $30 to feed my family of 5. My
$20 pork leg fed 8 of us comfortably with some leftover. A leg of lamb
remotely close to that would be around $40 and probably still not feed 8
adequately.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:07 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Evelyn wrote:
"pavane" wrote:
"Nick Cramer" wrote in message
[ . . . . ]
Costco does a huge business in fresh Australian lamb, and Sams Club
likewise in NZ lamb ...

I can attest to the excellent quality of Sam's Club lamb!

Thanks, folks. I'll have to check out Costco.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:28 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote:
"Tiger Lily" wrote in message
On 1/7/2012 9:19 AM, Susan wrote:
Costco has unfrozen lamb from Oz... will have to check if it's
labeled
as "previously frozen."

90% of the lamb says 'previously frozen' or is sold frozen

the 'fresh' lamb......... oh my $$$$$$$$ is expensive

My local wholesaler is offering crumbed lamb cutlets at 5 for $10 from
tomorrow, super special! It will cost me $30 to feed my family of 5. My
$20 pork leg fed 8 of us comfortably with some leftover. A leg of lamb
remotely close to that would be around $40 and probably still not feed 8
adequately.

Jun bought a crown roast of lamb for me a few months back. I don't remember
what it weighed, but it was around $40. I was shocked! But, damn, it was
wonderfully good.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:34 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 8/01/2012 12:42 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

"Tiger Lily" wrote in message
On 1/7/2012 9:19 AM, Susan wrote:
Costco has unfrozen lamb from Oz... will have to check if it's labeled
as "previously frozen."

Susan

90% of the lamb says 'previously frozen' or is sold frozen

the 'fresh' lamb......... oh my $$$$$$$$ is expensive

kate

My local wholesaler is offering crumbed lamb cutlets at 5 for $10 from
tomorrow, super special!

Remember the good old days when you could buy a whole side of lamb for
that !!!! The joys of getting old :-)

Remember when the leg came with the shank or the butcher used to throw a
few shanks in for nothing to get rid of them, now they treat them like
they are gold plated.

--
(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
Old 08-01-2012, 04:40 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/7/2012 7:17 PM, Evelyn wrote:
On Sat, 07 Jan 2012 17:46:57 -0700, Tiger wrote:

On 1/7/2012 11:20 AM, Evelyn wrote:
Even if the parents pass their OFA certification for good hips, the
pups can still have it. Sadly it is common in ALL breeds over 25
lbs.

Evelyn

well, and more that are 'small breeds'

and the small breeds have a "luxating patella" issue with their front
legs (i think it means their front legs spay outward, sorry, brain dead
today)

kate

My dog also has an elbow problem. It could be that which you
mentioned. I didn't make note of the name of the problem, but the
vet said that is pretty bad too. :-(

Evelyn

that's the one, the front elbow problem

kate
Old 08-01-2012, 04:42 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/7/2012 8:28 PM, Nick Cramer wrote:
wrote:
"Tiger wrote in message
On 1/7/2012 9:19 AM, Susan wrote:
Costco has unfrozen lamb from Oz... will have to check if it's
labeled
as "previously frozen."

90% of the lamb says 'previously frozen' or is sold frozen

the 'fresh' lamb......... oh my $$$$$$$$ is expensive

My local wholesaler is offering crumbed lamb cutlets at 5 for $10 from
tomorrow, super special! It will cost me $30 to feed my family of 5. My
$20 pork leg fed 8 of us comfortably with some leftover. A leg of lamb
remotely close to that would be around $40 and probably still not feed 8
adequately.

Jun bought a crown roast of lamb for me a few months back. I don't remember
what it weighed, but it was around $40. I was shocked! But, damn, it was
wonderfully good.

deffo a treat food!

i can go out to a restaurant and get 4 lamb chops with the rest of the
meal for LESS than buying 4 lamb chops in the grocery store would cost me!

sigh (read once a year treat)

kate