Old 04-01-2012, 02:58 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default For one who shall remain nameless.....

"All unhappiness is due to the ego; with it comes all your trouble.
What does it avail you to attribute to the happenings in life the
cause of misery which is really within you? What happiness can you get
from things extraneous to yourself ? When you get it, how long will it
last ?" -- Ramana Maharshi

Old 04-01-2012, 03:22 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" wrote in message
"All unhappiness is due to the ego; with it comes all your trouble.
What does it avail you to attribute to the happenings in life the
cause of misery which is really within you? What happiness can you get
from things extraneous to yourself ? When you get it, how long will it
last ?" -- Ramana Maharshi

Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never do anything
wise in this world.
~Helen Keller

Old 04-01-2012, 07:50 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"BlueBrooke" wrote in message
On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 07:22:28 -0800, "Cheri"
wrote:

"Evelyn" wrote in message
. ..
"All unhappiness is due to the ego; with it comes all your trouble.
What does it avail you to attribute to the happenings in life the
cause of misery which is really within you? What happiness can you get
from things extraneous to yourself ? When you get it, how long will it
last ?" -- Ramana Maharshi

Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never do
anything
wise in this world.
~Helen Keller

Blast it all -- the invitations for the Pity Party already went out!
Now what?! I guess I'll have to re-work the *menu* and come up with
different *food* to serve at the new Anti-Pity Party! What kind of
*diabetic* friendly *food* would you suggest? :-D

For me? I think I'll throw together some Deviled Eggs! :-D

A lame attempt, I know, to bring diabetic food into the thread. :-D

Please stop trying to push your low carb food on me!!! Damnit, I don't like
anything, never have liked anything, and never will like anything! It's all
disgusting and it makes me gag. ;-)

Cheri

Old 04-01-2012, 10:30 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/4/2012 12:52 PM, Susan wrote:

For me? I think I'll throw together some Deviled Eggs! :-D

A lame attempt, I know, to bring diabetic food into the thread. :-D

Very, but amusing nonetheless.

Susan

i grinned at the choice of Deviled Eggs

(btw, they are a favourite of mine, too)

no PPP here! (Pithy Pity Party) but, if we go that way, all those foods
that are P foods are usually not so good for us

*izza
*otatoes
*retzels

(it's a long standing joke in chat)

Old 05-01-2012, 12:16 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Evelyn" wrote in message
"All unhappiness is due to the ego; with it comes all your trouble.
What does it avail you to attribute to the happenings in life the
cause of misery which is really within you? What happiness can you
get
from things extraneous to yourself ? When you get it, how long will
it
last ?" -- Ramana Maharshi

Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never do
anything wise in this world.
~Helen Keller

This is all getting beyond a joke, you all need to take a good look at
yourselves, this kind of behaviour towards a fellow human being is
shameful. I wouldn't treat a dog in this manner.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:18 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"BlueBrooke" wrote in message
On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 07:22:28 -0800, "Cheri"
wrote:

"Evelyn" wrote in message
. ..
"All unhappiness is due to the ego; with it comes all your trouble.
What does it avail you to attribute to the happenings in life the
cause of misery which is really within you? What happiness can you
get
from things extraneous to yourself ? When you get it, how long will
it
last ?" -- Ramana Maharshi

Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never do
anything
wise in this world.
~Helen Keller

Blast it all -- the invitations for the Pity Party already went out!
Now what?! I guess I'll have to re-work the *menu* and come up with
different *food* to serve at the new Anti-Pity Party! What kind of
*diabetic* friendly *food* would you suggest? :-D

For me? I think I'll throw together some Deviled Eggs! :-D

And yet another, what has happened to good decent people.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:19 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" wrote in message
On 1/4/2012 12:52 PM, Susan wrote:

For me? I think I'll throw together some Deviled Eggs! :-D

A lame attempt, I know, to bring diabetic food into the thread. :-D

Very, but amusing nonetheless.

Susan

i grinned at the choice of Deviled Eggs

(btw, they are a favourite of mine, too)

no PPP here! (Pithy Pity Party) but, if we go that way, all those
foods that are P foods are usually not so good for us

*izza
*otatoes
*retzels

(it's a long standing joke in chat)

kate, this is so not you. You have always been a humanitarian, please
don't get involved in this shameful stuff
You have no idea how much this saddens me as I know you very, very well.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:44 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Evelyn wrote:
"All unhappiness is due to the ego; with it comes all your trouble.
What does it avail you to attribute to the happenings in life the
cause of misery which is really within you? What happiness can you get
from things extraneous to yourself ? When you get it, how long will it
last ?" -- Ramana Maharshi

Excellent, Evie!

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Old 05-01-2012, 01:14 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/4/2012 5:19 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
kate, this is so not you. You have always been a humanitarian, please
don't get involved in this shameful stuff
You have no idea how much this saddens me as I know you very, very well.

Jan, you have always been a kind and gentle soul in the time i have
known you. I highly respect you (which i hope you KNOW full well). I
have chosen to step away from our resident individual in question,
clearly ANY response will cause outrage and more from her. I don't need
that. You don't need that. Wait, NO ONE needs that.

May i publicly apologize to everyone on the various newsgroups for
engaging in the manner i have. ABC was easy to remove. This shall be done.

kate (still highly frustrated, but eh, that's life)

Old 05-01-2012, 01:30 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 05 Jan 2012 00:44:19 GMT, Nick Cramer
wrote:

Evelyn wrote:
"All unhappiness is due to the ego; with it comes all your trouble.
What does it avail you to attribute to the happenings in life the
cause of misery which is really within you? What happiness can you get
from things extraneous to yourself ? When you get it, how long will it
last ?" -- Ramana Maharshi

Excellent, Evie!

Thank you. I collect wisdom quotes like this. I find that Ramana
Maharshi has left a treasure trove of them.

Evelyn
Old 05-01-2012, 01:39 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Evelyn" wrote in message
"All unhappiness is due to the ego; with it comes all your trouble.
What does it avail you to attribute to the happenings in life the
cause of misery which is really within you? What happiness can you get
from things extraneous to yourself ? When you get it, how long will it
last ?" -- Ramana Maharshi

Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never do
anything wise in this world.
~Helen Keller

This is all getting beyond a joke, you all need to take a good look at
yourselves, this kind of behaviour towards a fellow human being is
shameful. I wouldn't treat a dog in this manner.

No you wouldn't treat a dog that way, but you and Julie treat Susan that way
every chance you get, and I never see a word from you about the FOAD that
Julie is throwing around all the time. Preacher, take a good look at
yourself before taking others to task.

Cheri

Old 05-01-2012, 01:56 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" wrote in message
On 1/4/2012 5:19 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
kate, this is so not you. You have always been a humanitarian, please
don't get involved in this shameful stuff
You have no idea how much this saddens me as I know you very, very
well.

Jan, you have always been a kind and gentle soul in the time i have
known you. I highly respect you (which i hope you KNOW full well). I
have chosen to step away from our resident individual in question,
clearly ANY response will cause outrage and more from her. I don't
need that. You don't need that. Wait, NO ONE needs that.

May i publicly apologize to everyone on the various newsgroups for
engaging in the manner i have. ABC was easy to remove. This shall be
done.

kate (still highly frustrated, but eh, that's life)

I understand frustration Kate, truly I do. If the armchair
psychoanalysts think Julie has mental health problems then I have to
question their attitude to that mental health problem. Whether it is a
mental health condition for say alcohol or substance addiction or any
other type of mental health condition I fail to see why someone should
be treated this way. For as long as I have known you you have always
been the one to jump in first with compassion for people with problems
involving mental health. You have a wonderful caring nature and you have
helped me and many others countless times. I have always been proud of
you and I am proud of you now for acknowledging the fact that you need
to step away from Julie. I think you will feel better for doing so. You
don't need frustration with your current health issues that you are
worrying about. Letting go can mean a new freedom, for anyone. xx

Old 05-01-2012, 02:01 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Evelyn" wrote in message
[...]

Susan is not a saint and never will be. She makes unprovoked attacks at
every opportunity and she gets back what she gives out. You do know the
difference between people tit for tatting with Susan and the behaviour
of many shown towards Julie.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:19 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 12:01:45 +1000, "Ozgirl"
wrote:

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Evelyn" wrote in message
[...]

NONE of us are saints, neither Susan nor Julie or you or I. There is
no mistaking the term FOAD. It means **** off and die. Not nice by
any means!

I hope this nasty stuff gets settled soon!

Peace!

Evelyn