Old 24-10-2013, 05:00 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Org artichokes and brussle sprouts in stock at Raley's

"Karen" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 23 Oct 2013 23:39:56 +0200, in alt.food.diabetic, Maya
Zuiderweg $no_spam#[email protected]_me_dot_com#maps_on$ wrote:

Todd formuleerde de vraag :
On 10/23/2013 10:06 AM, Maya Zuiderweg wrote:
Hi Todd,
I dont know what to make of your post.
I eat my own food and have to take care of a chronic pancreatitis and a
dolichocolon. Not your everyday common diabetes diet (if there even
*is*
such an animal).
My insulin injections are to cover my intake of food.
For quite some years now I use little insulin each day.
In total 14-18 units a day.
I eat about 1800 kcal each day and am very careful.
My BMI is in the normal range.

M.

Hi Maya,

Thank you for asking, instead of getting mad. I am
working on my writing skills. It sounds like you are
perfectly on track, doing exactly what you are suppose to
do. I am delighted that you have yours under control.

This line of conversation started when someone erroneously
got on my case for saying not to take your drugs. (I never
said that.)

I was carrying on about a man I know and care about
that does some really insane things and is going to kill
himself. He almost died once already.

I do not presume for a second that ANYONE on these
groups would do something so insane for even a fraction
of a second, even the ones that argue that sugars are
not carbs.

What I thought I was accomplishing was "speaking to
the choir". What it turned out as was "criticizing the
choir". Not good. Not my intention at all. I have some
fences to repair. :'(

-T

Hi Todd,
Learning is what you are doing, and you are doing just fine.
Never stop learning, and you'll be okay.

There is an herb, which I can not vouch for yet
(I have only just started on it) that is "suppose"
(watch the weasel word) to help the pancreas.
Would you like a reference, or is this all old hat
to you?

I wouldn't know, there are so very many herbs.
I'm curious enough to want to know which one you mean.

M.

You've all been very chatty since I was offline later yesterday and
most of today. We had gone out of town for my mother being laid to
rest. Just got home. Will mostly be busy the next few days getting
the house ready for my brother's homecoming after 7 months in the
hospital, so may only have a few minutes here and there to read the
conversations here.

I know Todd may not see this, but I have heard good things about
bitter melon and diabetes and glucose control, cinnamon too. I have
not yet tried either. Does anyone here have input on either of these?

Karen

Sorry to hear of your mother but glad that your brother is getting out of
the hospital!

I tried both. Bitter melon in pill form did seem to help sometimes when my
BG was too high. But other times not. Not enough for me to continue taking
it. Cinnamon raised my BG. Angela does take the Cinnsulin from Costco.
Does seem to be helping her. Her A1c is in normal range now.

Old 24-10-2013, 05:52 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 23 Oct 2013 21:00:38 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Karen" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Julie. We are happy my brother is coming home finally. It's
been a long, difficult 7 months, so I'm happy about that. Mom, on
the other hand had suffered for a long time (2 1/2 years) so as hard
as it is, it's a release from pain for her. She will always live in
my heart though. We were very close. You know how those
mother-daughter bonds can be.

I may give the bitter melon a try. I already use a lot of cinnamon.
Karen

Old 24-10-2013, 05:59 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Karen" wrote in message
[...]

I'm sorry to hear about your mother, it's never easy to lose a parent. Take
care of yourself and happy for your brother to be coming home.

Cheri

Old 24-10-2013, 06:29 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 23 Oct 2013 21:59:51 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Cheri"
wrote:

"Karen" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you Cheri. We are happy for my brother, and weird as it sounds,
Mom too in a way. She suffered for a long time, and now she isn't. I
do think she is in a better place. We had a long time to prepare for
this inevitability. Sad as it is, we do all go at some point. It was
very difficult to see her suffer. We love her and mourn the loss, and
will always miss her, but didn't want her to suffer.
Old 24-10-2013, 08:14 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

On 10/23/2013 6:34 AM, W. Baker wrote:
In alt.support.diabetes Todd wrote:
:
: : Too much insulin messed you up pretty good too, even if
: : you are offsetting with vast quantities of carbs, which
: : also mess you up in other way besides T2.
:
: : An article on insulin:
:
: :
: https://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2013...olution_01.htm
:
: : Too much insulin, the fat storage hormone, also drives
: : more inflammation and oxidative stress, and produces a
: : myriad of downstream effects including high blood pressure,
: : high cholesterol, low HDL, high triglycerides, poor sex
: : drive, infertility, thickening of the blood, and increased
: : risk of cancer, Alzheimer?s, and depression.
:
: : Probably why T1 shouldn't over do the insulin too.
:
: : -T
:
: No one in this group or on the food group advocates using extra
: insulin or
: meds to cover up eating extra carbs. first of all it makes the
: underlying
: situation worse as it puts weight on a person which means fewer carbs,
: etc
: to be able to control ones diabetes and bgs. Second, we are not here to
: find "tricks" to work around controlingour diabtes by using exta meds or
: any other such things. If we believe dthat WE WOULD NoyT BE SEEKING WHAT
: WE ARE HERE, a successful method of conrtoling our diabetes withotu doing
: injury to ourselves and we let others know our methods. We don't really
: think that there is only oneway to live with diabetes, but WE DO NOT
: ADVOCATE USE OF DRugs or isulinn TO ALLOW OURSELVES TO "CHEAT"..Some may
: eat more carbs, bu exercise more to keep inbalance adn some may , like
: you, eat very low carb or medium carb , etc. We use what works for us
: and
: what we can do reletively happily. Please, don't think that this group
: advocates or admires diabetic cheaters who only really fool themselves.
: They wuld not lst on this group.
:
: Wendy
:
: Wendy, please forgive me. I never meant to imply anyone of this group
: would do something so ferociously irresponsible. That I know
: of others not on this group that do, horrifies me. That was all I
: was getting at. I though I as talking to like minded T2's that
: would share my horror as well. I obviously did not succeed very
: well at it.
:
: -T

: Hi Wendy,
: Can you point me to which sentence(s) gave you the
: impression I was implying those on the group were
: doing suchlike? It would help me improve my writing.

: -T

I left a few paragraphs. You spend far too much time preaching to the
converted

Something only your buddy Susan, the anonymous low carb troll, should be
allowed to do without being criticized - right?

Old 24-10-2013, 09:08 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

On 10/23/2013 2:39 PM, Maya Zuiderweg wrote:
[...]

Life would be so much easier to just do what *dr* Susan TELLS YOU TO DO.
And you should never doubt her, but in the unlikely event you do: ask
Cheri to confirm the Gospel according to *dr* Susan.

Old 24-10-2013, 03:16 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

"Karen" wrote in message
[...]

I totally understand. I still miss my mom every day and its been 33 years,
but so glad that the suffering didn't go on as you say. Take care.

Cheri

Old 25-10-2013, 07:39 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 21:03:05 -0700, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Todd" wrote in message

Wendy, please forgive me. I never meant to imply anyone of this group
would do something so ferociously irresponsible. That I know
of others not on this group that do, horrifies me. That was all I
was getting at. I though I as talking to like minded T2's that
would share my horror as well. I obviously did not succeed very
well at it.

Why should anyone be horrified at what another person does? Did the man
beat someone? Kill someone? No. He didn't even break the law.

You only know what he told you. And he might not have even told you all of
it. You don't know that he was irresponsible. You don't know what he was
advised to do.

If I were this man, I would for sure want *you* out of my life!

Then why are you replying to him?

You are insuring he is in your life.

Old 25-10-2013, 08:03 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

On 10/23/2013 02:39 PM, Maya Zuiderweg wrote:
Todd formuleerde de vraag :

There is an herb, which I can not vouch for yet
(I have only just started on it) that is "suppose"
(watch the weasel word) to help the pancreas.
Would you like a reference, or is this all old hat
to you?

I wouldn't know, there are so very many herbs.
I'm curious enough to want to know which one you mean.

M.

Hi Maya,

As this is not artichoke related, I am going to answer
you in a new thread called "Dr. Christopher on healing
the Pancreas"

-T

brussle sprouts in stock Todd Diabetic 5 08-02-2013 09:51 PM
Artichokes! Nancy Young General Cooking 28 07-04-2008 03:13 PM
artichokes mom0f4boys General Cooking 48 05-10-2007 11:15 PM
Hey NorCal Raley's has spares..... Michael Barbecue 17 03-01-2005 12:35 PM
Chicken stock and stock pots DawnK Cooking Equipment 30 23-10-2003 06:22 PM