FoodBanter.com

-   -   Org artichokes and brussle sprouts in stock at Raley's (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/425977-re-org-artichokes-brussle.html)

I Don't Know 14-10-2013 12:54 AM

On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 14:58:06 -0700, Todd > wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>Organic artickokes and brusslesprouts in stock at Raley's
>The Artichokes are huge, so you only get to eat a half on
>one at a sitting (~8 grams bad stuff).
>

>-T

Eight grams of what bad stuff?

Cheri[_3_] 14-10-2013 01:19 AM

"I Don't Know" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 14:58:06 -0700, Todd > wrote:
>
>>Hi All,
>>
>>Organic artickokes and brusslesprouts in stock at Raley's
>>The Artichokes are huge, so you only get to eat a half on
>>one at a sitting (~8 grams bad stuff).
>>

>>-T

> Eight grams of what bad stuff?

He's talking about carbs in the artichokes being bad stuff which is complete
nonsense.

Cheri

Julie Bove[_2_] 14-10-2013 01:23 AM

"I Don't Know" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 14:58:06 -0700, Todd > wrote:
>
>>Hi All,
>>
>>Organic artickokes and brusslesprouts in stock at Raley's
>>The Artichokes are huge, so you only get to eat a half on
>>one at a sitting (~8 grams bad stuff).
>>

>>-T

> Eight grams of what bad stuff?

He thinks all carbs are bad.

Julie Bove[_2_] 14-10-2013 05:27 AM

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 10/13/2013 05:19 PM, Cheri wrote:

>>> Eight grams of what bad stuff?
>>>

>> He's talking about carbs in the artichokes being bad stuff which is
>> complete nonsense.
>>
>> Cheri

> Hi Cheri,
>
> "Complete nonsense"?!?!? Why now KIDS THESE DAYS!
> You meant the "Good Kind" of nonsense, no?

I'm sure she didn't. You annoyed the peewaddins out of me when you first
came here by spouting your nonsense which I call lies. And you just
killfiled me because I called you out on it.

> Living with Diabetes:
> Fat: good
> Protein: good
> carbs: bad (also know as the "bad stuff")

Cheri is not stupid. Not all fat is good and too much fat is bad. Carbs are
not bad. There is not just one type of diabetes nor does everyone's body
metabolize food the same way. And for type 2's we have varying degrees of
insulin resistance to top it all off. Fat and protein are not necessarily
good for *me*. If I eat too much of those they will come back up. If I do
it too many times, I will need surgery to remove the bezoar that they will
form. There is no one size fits all here and I wish you would quite
preaching this. But of course you'll never see this.

> If you want to cheat the system and eat the bad stuff, you
> need the specialized tests that Wendy knows about
> or you will get yourself in a lot of trouble. Wendy
> can fill in the details if you are curious.

OMG! So now Wendy is some sort of expert who knows of specialized tests?
This is getting beyond humorous. It's just kind of sad, sick, pathetic and
funny too but not in a good way.

> Me, I will eat like my body was designed and like
> my ancestors did for 99% of our history (before Beer).
> I will not push the envelope and re-damage myself.
> (Wendy's method sounds like it is pretty safe.)

I don't even know what this before beer thing is and I don't care. Food
history is an interest of mine but I don't drink beer so never looked this
up. Am pretty sure though that just like most anything else you say, you
are wrong.

> Actually, with my 15 carb per meal and 60 per day limit,
> Artichokes are awesome. And they are a nutritionally
> a huge plus. GROK ON!

No clue what "GROK" is and not gonna look it up.

> Can you imagine the first person that decided to eat
> and artichoke? Must have been really hungry. Or
> had a thing about boiling the absolute life out of
> vegetables. I wonder if my mom was the one that
> discovered artichokes were edible? :-)

You do know that they are edible raw, right? Thought not!

Cheri[_3_] 14-10-2013 06:10 AM

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Todd" > wrote in message

>>> He's talking about carbs in the artichokes being bad stuff which is
>>> complete nonsense.
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> Hi Cheri,
>>
>> "Complete nonsense"?!?!? Why now KIDS THESE DAYS!
>> You meant the "Good Kind" of nonsense, no?

I'm fairly sure that you've been in the groups before with different nyms so
I'll just leave it at that.

Cheri

Julie Bove[_2_] 14-10-2013 06:42 AM

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> Hi Cheri,
>>>
>>> "Complete nonsense"?!?!? Why now KIDS THESE DAYS!
>>> You meant the "Good Kind" of nonsense, no?

> I'm fairly sure that you've been in the groups before with different nyms
> so I'll just leave it at that.

Yeah. Me too. I called him out right off the bat. And people jumped on me
for doing it. But I still stand by what I thought back then. Nothing has
changed and it's only getting worse.

Julie Bove[_2_] 14-10-2013 07:15 AM

"Todd" > wrote in message

> Hi Cheri,
>
> I have never been anyone other than Todd. That
> others may have my same corny sense of humor, well
> now, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
> I will just have to send the poor imitators a bill!
> I AM THE ORIGINAL! (I got called "Fuzzy Lovey" on
> another group. You should have read the response.
> "For the love of all the is good and decent, take
> it back!" the bull poop went on for two
> paragraphs. Some of my better stuff.) Just,
> try, T-R-Y and tell me I am not the funniest guy
> on this group! (Accept no imitations.)

Hmm... I have seen no humor here at all. In fact most of what you write
just ****es me off royally. You say things that you think are funny and you
even get people to back you up on your meaning but you are really saying
rude and nasty things. Trophy wife? Arm candy? And that to me is not
funny.

<snip>

W. Baker 14-10-2013 02:08 PM

Todd > wrote:
: >>> Organic artickokes and brusslesprouts in stock at Raley's
: >>> The Artichokes are huge, so you only get to eat a half on
: >>> one at a sitting (~8 grams bad stuff).
: >>>
: >>>
: >>> -T
: >>
: >> Eight grams of what bad stuff?
: >>
: >
: >
: > He's talking about carbs in the artichokes being bad stuff which is
: > complete nonsense.
: >
: > Cheri

: Hi Cheri,

: "Complete nonsense"?!?!? Why now KIDS THESE DAYS!
: You meant the "Good Kind" of nonsense, no?

: Living with Diabetes:
: Fat: good
: Protein: good
: carbs: bad (also know as the "bad stuff")

Rather oversiplified.
: If you want to cheat the system and eat the bad stuff, you
: need the specialized tests that Wendy knows about
: or you will get yourself in a lot of trouble. Wendy
: can fill in the details if you are curious.

What in the world are you talking about "special tests" Like bg finger
sticks and every 3-6 months A1c? I know of no other "special tets"

: Me, I will eat like my body was designed and like
: my ancestors did for 99% of our history (before Beer).
: I will not push the envelope and re-damage myself.
: (Wendy's method sounds like it is pretty safe.)

30 years of this disease without any of the complications ? Otherwise I
don' know what "system" you are talking about.

: Actually, with my 15 carb per meal and 60 per day limit,
: Artichokes are awesome. And they are a nutritionally
: a huge plus. GROK ON!

By the way, I have never boiled an artichoke. I steam them over water in
a covered pot with a bit of vinegar in the water. I then eat them either
plain or dipped in an oiland vinegar dressing with some herbs , garoc, etc
in the dressing.

: -T

Wendy

I Don't Know 19-10-2013 07:57 PM

On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 19:07:01 -0700, Todd > wrote:

>On 10/13/2013 04:54 PM, I Don't Know wrote:
>> On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 14:58:06 -0700, Todd > wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Organic artickokes and brusslesprouts in stock at Raley's
>>> The Artichokes are huge, so you only get to eat a half on
>>> one at a sitting (~8 grams bad stuff).
>>>

>>> -T

>> Eight grams of what bad stuff?
>>

>This is a diabetic cooking group. Take a guess!
>
>:-) :-) :-)
>
>(I think I am funny.)
>
>-T

Funny? No. Oddball? Yes.

Carbs are not bad for diabetics or anyone else. Learn to eat
correctly.

I Don't Know 19-10-2013 07:59 PM

On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 19:15:45 -0700, Todd > wrote:

>On 10/13/2013 05:19 PM, Cheri wrote:

>>> Eight grams of what bad stuff?
>>>

>> He's talking about carbs in the artichokes being bad stuff which is
>> complete nonsense.
>>
>> Cheri

>Hi Cheri,
>
>"Complete nonsense"?!?!? Why now KIDS THESE DAYS!
>You meant the "Good Kind" of nonsense, no?
>
>Living with Diabetes:
> Fat: good
> Protein: good
> carbs: bad (also know as the "bad stuff")
>
>If you want to cheat the system and eat the bad stuff, you
>need the specialized tests that Wendy knows about
>or you will get yourself in a lot of trouble. Wendy
>can fill in the details if you are curious.
>
>Me, I will eat like my body was designed and like
>my ancestors did for 99% of our history (before Beer).
>I will not push the envelope and re-damage myself.
>(Wendy's method sounds like it is pretty safe.)
>
>Actually, with my 15 carb per meal and 60 per day limit,
>Artichokes are awesome. And they are a nutritionally
>a huge plus. GROK ON!

Unfortunately you do not Grok.

W. Baker 20-10-2013 12:56 AM

Todd > wrote:
: On 10/19/2013 11:59 AM, I Don't Know wrote:
: >> Actually, with my 15 carb per meal and 60 per day limit,
: >> >Artichokes are awesome. And they are a nutritionally
: >> >a huge plus. GROK ON!

: > Unfortunately you do not Grok.

: Hi What-his-name,

: Ha! He eats (Mark Sisson) more carbs than me. And,
: he consumes a tiny bit of refined sugars as
: well as honey.

: I eat before beer, except not honey, bugs, lizards,
: brains, eye balls, snakes.

: Some Paleos do not eat dairy. Mark says to eat grass
: fed dairy. I stay away from milk. Mark may too.
: Grok herded animals. :-P

: What part on Paleo do you think I am not following?

: GROK on!

: -T

IIRC Paleo folks of long long ago, hunter gatherers really enjoyed a great
treat when they found a tree with a bee hive in it. They woule absolutely
(kind of like Winniw the Pooh) eat great amounts of the honey when they
could get it. Unfortunately, this was a naturally occurring carb that is
totally unsuitable for diabetics so we can't follow anactual Paleo diet
which woul dhave in =cluded honey and date honey adn other naturally
occurring setet fruits adn honey.

Wendy

[email protected] 20-10-2013 01:58 AM

On 10/19/2013 2:25 PM, Todd wrote:
> On 10/19/2013 11:57 AM, I Don't Know wrote:

>>> This is a diabetic cooking group. Take a guess!
>>>
>>> :-) :-) :-)
>>>
>>> (I think I am funny.)
>>>
>>> -T

>> Funny? No. Oddball? Yes.
>>
>> Carbs are not bad for diabetics or anyone else.

> Hi "I Don't Know
>
> Is there some name you would like to be called? I feel
> a bit impersonal addressing you otherwise. If you
> have forgotten, you can find it on your driver's
> license. :-) (Another funny.)

No, it's nor funny: it's silly, like practically everything you write.

[email protected] 20-10-2013 02:22 AM

On 10/19/2013 6:12 PM, Todd wrote:
> On 10/19/2013 05:58 PM, wrote:
>>> Is there some name you would like to be called? I feel
>>> a bit impersonal addressing you otherwise. If you
>>> have forgotten, you can find it on your driver's
>>> license. :-) (Another funny.)
>>>

>> No, it's nor funny: it's silly, like practically everything you write.

> Silly!??!? Why, Why, K-K-K-K-KIDS THESE DAYS!!! Okay, you
> got me. Much more corny than silly though. :-)

I can live with that.

> Admit it, it brought just a tiny bit of a grin to your face.
> I understand, you don't want to admit to it.

Nope :-(

I Don't Know 20-10-2013 04:49 AM

On Sat, 19 Oct 2013 14:25:15 -0700, Todd > wrote:

>On 10/19/2013 11:57 AM, I Don't Know wrote:

>>> This is a diabetic cooking group. Take a guess!
>>>
>>> :-) :-) :-)
>>>
>>> (I think I am funny.)
>>>
>>> -T

>> Funny? No. Oddball? Yes.
>>
>> Carbs are not bad for diabetics or anyone else.

>Hi "I Don't Know
>
>Is there some name you would like to be called? I feel
>a bit impersonal addressing you otherwise. If you
>have forgotten, you can find it on your driver's
>license. :-) (Another funny.)

droll.

>"Some" carbs won't hurt you. More will.

Each individual can decide for themselves how they eat. Your odd plan
wouldn't work for anyone who was honestly recording how they ate.

Carbs
>are want injured you to start with.

Nope. That is a complete falsehood on your part,

>If you keep trying to push it on the carbs, you will
>risk re-injuring yourself. And, your body will not
>re-adjust to real food. You will never stop craving
>carbs at poisonous levels and will not stop craving
>the unnatural modern diet.

More BS. I don't crave anything as you falsely state.

>That said, even too much water will kill you. But,
>the modern diet is way, way too high in carbs.
>The USDA's 375 a day carb recommendation is a scandal.

Your just string phrases together.

> > Learn to eat correctly.

>My point exactly. Learn to cook and eat Diabetic/Paleo.

No, you just think it is. The paleo fad is not a true paleo diet.

>And,
>
>1) you can never, ever cheat (just eat more meat if you
> are still hungry)
>
>2) Do not, do not, do not, take extra drugs to induce a hypo
> so you can cheat!
>
>3) always laugh at T's jokes, even when they are only "Oddball".
>
>-T

Your advice could kill some people you moron.

Todd 20-10-2013 05:04 AM

On 10/19/2013 08:49 PM, I Don't Know wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Oct 2013 14:25:15 -0700, Todd > wrote:

>>> Funny? No. Oddball? Yes.
>>>
>>> Carbs are not bad for diabetics or anyone else.

>> Hi "I Don't Know
>>
>> Is there some name you would like to be called? I feel
>> a bit impersonal addressing you otherwise. If you
>> have forgotten, you can find it on your driver's
>> license. :-) (Another funny.)

> droll.
>

>> "Some" carbs won't hurt you. More will.

> Each individual can decide for themselves how they eat. Your odd plan
> wouldn't work for anyone who was honestly recording how they ate.
>
> Carbs
>> are want injured you to start with.

> Nope. That is a complete falsehood on your part,
>

>> If you keep trying to push it on the carbs, you will
>> risk re-injuring yourself. And, your body will not
>> re-adjust to real food. You will never stop craving
>> carbs at poisonous levels and will not stop craving
>> the unnatural modern diet.

> More BS. I don't crave anything as you falsely state.
>

>> That said, even too much water will kill you. But,
>> the modern diet is way, way too high in carbs.
>> The USDA's 375 a day carb recommendation is a scandal.

> Your just string phrases together.
>

>>> Learn to eat correctly.

>> My point exactly. Learn to cook and eat Diabetic/Paleo.
>>

> No, you just think it is. The paleo fad is not a true paleo diet.
>
>> And,
>>
>> 1) you can never, ever cheat (just eat more meat if you
>> are still hungry)
>>
>> 2) Do not, do not, do not, take extra drugs to induce a hypo
>> so you can cheat!
>>
>> 3) always laugh at T's jokes, even when they are only "Oddball".
>>
>> -T

> Your advice could kill some people you moron.

I highly doubt it.

You don't think high carb diets have anything
to do with T2. What is your theory? Why are
you not providing details. If I am wrong, show
me. Pub Med is a good place to start.

You provided no details on any of your remarks.
Why am I not Paleo? Because you said so?

And, why are you name calling? Do you drive with your
arm outstretched and your middle finger raised?

-T

Todd 20-10-2013 05:44 AM

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/79/5/774.long

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=carbohydrate+craving

>> That said, even too much water will kill you. But,
>> the modern diet is way, way too high in carbs.
>> The USDA's 375 a day carb recommendation is a scandal.

> Your just string phrases together.

Its a gift.

[email protected] 20-10-2013 11:03 AM

On 10/19/2013 8:49 PM, I Don't Know wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Oct 2013 14:25:15 -0700, Todd > wrote:

>>> Funny? No. Oddball? Yes.
>>>
>>> Carbs are not bad for diabetics or anyone else.

>> Hi "I Don't Know
>>
>> Is there some name you would like to be called? I feel
>> a bit impersonal addressing you otherwise. If you
>> have forgotten, you can find it on your driver's
>> license. :-) (Another funny.)

> droll.
>

>> "Some" carbs won't hurt you. More will.

> Each individual can decide for themselves how they eat. Your odd plan
> wouldn't work for anyone who was honestly recording how they ate.
>
> Carbs
>> are want injured you to start with.

> Nope. That is a complete falsehood on your part,
>

>> If you keep trying to push it on the carbs, you will
>> risk re-injuring yourself. And, your body will not
>> re-adjust to real food. You will never stop craving
>> carbs at poisonous levels and will not stop craving
>> the unnatural modern diet.

> More BS. I don't crave anything as you falsely state.
>

>> That said, even too much water will kill you. But,
>> the modern diet is way, way too high in carbs.
>> The USDA's 375 a day carb recommendation is a scandal.

> Your just string phrases together.
>

>>> Learn to eat correctly.

>> My point exactly. Learn to cook and eat Diabetic/Paleo.
>>

> No, you just think it is. The paleo fad is not a true paleo diet.
>
>> And,
>>
>> 1) you can never, ever cheat (just eat more meat if you
>> are still hungry)
>>
>> 2) Do not, do not, do not, take extra drugs to induce a hypo
>> so you can cheat!
>>
>> 3) always laugh at T's jokes, even when they are only "Oddball".
>>
>> -T

> Your advice could kill some people you moron.

Didn't you already use up that one on someone else?

You *do* realize that when it comes to "advice",
there are those who dish it out,
and then there are those who take it?

[email protected] 20-10-2013 11:29 AM

On 10/19/2013 9:04 PM, Todd wrote:
> On 10/19/2013 08:49 PM, I Don't Know wrote:

>>> Hi "I Don't Know
>>>
>>> Is there some name you would like to be called? I feel
>>> a bit impersonal addressing you otherwise. If you
>>> have forgotten, you can find it on your driver's
>>> license. :-) (Another funny.)

>> droll.
>>

>>> "Some" carbs won't hurt you. More will.

>> Each individual can decide for themselves how they eat. Your odd plan
>> wouldn't work for anyone who was honestly recording how they ate.
>>
>> Carbs
>>> are want injured you to start with.

>> Nope. That is a complete falsehood on your part,
>>

>>> If you keep trying to push it on the carbs, you will
>>> risk re-injuring yourself. And, your body will not
>>> re-adjust to real food. You will never stop craving
>>> carbs at poisonous levels and will not stop craving
>>> the unnatural modern diet.

>> More BS. I don't crave anything as you falsely state.
>>

>>> That said, even too much water will kill you. But,
>>> the modern diet is way, way too high in carbs.
>>> The USDA's 375 a day carb recommendation is a scandal.

>> Your just string phrases together.

>>> My point exactly. Learn to cook and eat Diabetic/Paleo.
>>>

>> No, you just think it is. The paleo fad is not a true paleo diet.
>>
>>> And,
>>>
>>> 1) you can never, ever cheat (just eat more meat if you
>>> are still hungry)
>>>
>>> 2) Do not, do not, do not, take extra drugs to induce a hypo
>>> so you can cheat!
>>>
>>> 3) always laugh at T's jokes, even when they are only "Oddball".
>>>
>>> -T

>> Your advice could kill some people you moron.

> I highly doubt it.
>
> You don't think high carb diets have anything
> to do with T2. What is your theory? Why are
> you not providing details.

He's a T1, but he doesn't talk about it much because if everyone knew he
wouldn't be able to out some of youse as being ignorant.

If I am wrong, show
> me. Pub Med is a good place to start.
>
> You provided no details on any of your remarks.
> Why am I not Paleo? Because you said so?
>
> And, why are you name calling? Do you drive with your
> arm outstretched and your middle finger raised?

Probably.
In any case - T1s are different.

I Don't Know 20-10-2013 03:43 PM

On Sat, 19 Oct 2013 21:44:34 -0700, Todd > wrote:

>On 10/19/2013 08:49 PM, I Don't Know wrote:

>>> Hi "I Don't Know
>>>
>>> Is there some name you would like to be called? I feel
>>> a bit impersonal addressing you otherwise. If you
>>> have forgotten, you can find it on your driver's
>>> license. :-) (Another funny.)

>> droll.
>>

>>> "Some" carbs won't hurt you. More will.

>> Each individual can decide for themselves how they eat. Your odd plan
>> wouldn't work for anyone who was honestly recording how they ate.
>>
>> Carbs
>>> are want injured you to start with.

>> Nope. That is a complete falsehood on your part,

>http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/79/5/774.long
>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1188071/

Does not support your whacko theories.

>>> If you keep trying to push it on the carbs, you will
>>> risk re-injuring yourself. And, your body will not
>>> re-adjust to real food. You will never stop craving
>>> carbs at poisonous levels and will not stop craving
>>> the unnatural modern diet.

>> More BS. I don't crave anything as you falsely state.

>http://lmgtfy.com/?q=carbohydrate+craving

As I said, I don't crave anything.

>>> That said, even too much water will kill you. But,
>>> the modern diet is way, way too high in carbs.
>>> The USDA's 375 a day carb recommendation is a scandal.

>> You're just stringing phrases together.

>Its a gift.

In your case it's a curse that makes you babble incoherently.

I Don't Know 20-10-2013 03:46 PM

On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 03:29:50 -0700, wrote:

>On 10/19/2013 9:04 PM, Todd wrote:

>>> droll.

>>> Each individual can decide for themselves how they eat. Your odd plan
>>> wouldn't work for anyone who was honestly recording how they ate.
>>>
>>> Carbs
>>>
>>> Nope. That is a complete falsehood on your part,

>>> More BS. I don't crave anything as you falsely state.

>>> Your just string phrases together.

>>> No, you just think it is. The paleo fad is not a true paleo diet.

>>> Your advice could kill some people you moron.

>> I highly doubt it.
>>
>> You don't think high carb diets have anything
>> to do with T2. What is your theory? Why are
>> you not providing details.

>He's a T1, but he doesn't talk about it much because if everyone knew he
>wouldn't be able to out some of youse as being ignorant.
>
> If I am wrong, show
>> me. Pub Med is a good place to start.
>>
>> You provided no details on any of your remarks.
>> Why am I not Paleo? Because you said so?
>>
>> And, why are you name calling? Do you drive with your
>> arm outstretched and your middle finger raised?
>>

>Probably.
>In any case - T1s are different.
>

>> -T

Obviously we are different. But not for the reasons you think.

Susan[_6_] 20-10-2013 04:42 PM

Org artichokes and brussle sprouts in stock at Raley's

x-no-arhive: yes

On 10/19/2013 11:49 PM, I Don't Know wrote:
> Your advice could kill some people you moron.

Not really.

Susan

W. Baker 20-10-2013 05:06 PM

Todd > wrote:
: > IIRC Paleo folks of long long ago, hunter gatherers really enjoyed a great
: > treat when they found a tree with a bee hive in it. They woule absolutely
: > (kind of like Winniw the Pooh) eat great amounts of the honey when they
: > could get it. Unfortunately, this was a naturally occurring carb that is
: > totally unsuitable for diabetics so we can't follow anactual Paleo diet
: > which woul dhave in =cluded honey and date honey adn other naturally
: > occurring setet fruits adn honey.
: >
: > Wendy
: >

: Hi Wendy,

: The fruits were not hybridized, so not too high carb there, and
: well with human design parameters. They could could not get their
: hands on all that often, based on tribes in Africa that
: still do it. So not too big an insult. (It takes balls to
: steel honey from African bees, but they know how.)

: Blueberry are low carb and they contain goodies great for T2's!
: When I was inducted into the "Pin Cushion Club", my incredible
: ER doctor said to eat blueberries and cinnamon. I try to eat
: 2/3 a cup of blueberries a day. (It's a burden, I know ...)

: Here is a study on fat folks, insulin sensitivity, and blueberries.
: Remember we all (T2's) started out with insulin resistance:
: http://jn.nutrition.org/content/140/10/1764.full

: On the Honey front, remember that they were seldom ate anything
: that remotely approached the modern toxic, high carb diet. So, since
: their bodies were not under assault all the time and their pancreas
: and livers were not damaged by excess carbs, a little honey every
: now and then would not hurt.

: A little carbs every now and then won't hurt anyone. After you
: have been injured though, not a good idea to stick your hand in
: the fire. Those that have not yet been injured, a little more
: is probably okay, but not the scandalous 375 grams per day the USDA
: recommends. That just creates more T2's. (100 grams per day is
: probably a good target for T0's and 60 per day for T2's -- not
: all at once!)

: They also ate things we won't touch, like scorpions, bugs, lizards,
: snakes, organ meats etc.. Kidney, liver: Yuk! :-P If it moved ...

: One of the things they did eat that we don't was bone marrow.
: We can achieve that with chicken broth, as long as we blitz the
: bones and skins in the pressure cooker. Otherwise we just have
: tasty soup without the marrow and skin components. And as my
: GP says, nothing beats the restorative power of a good
: (made right) chicken broth.

: Oh My. They use to eat horses too. Try that (in America)
: and Oh Boy!

: You are a blessing. Please never stop writing me. :-)

: -T
Thanks for the complimant, but i still disagree. IT is easy to say, well
i follow the "natural" un hybredized paleo diet and look at all the things
that we don't eat. Many of those foods are sill eten in many parts of the
worlk. Liver is often prepared in delicious ays like chopped liver and
has been adopted by many non-Jews as a nice sandwich or first course.
How about liverwurst? Pate de Fois gras(nasty as the mehod of production
is), and then there is sreak and kidny pie, still, I gather eaten in Great
Britain. In old cook books there are all those tripe adn lung stew
recipies very common in the 19th century. Lung were commonly eaten until
they were outlawed in the US, for I believe , TB concerns. Every have
Osso bucco? They give you a special small spoon to eat the marrow.

In non-European parts of the world I can't address this, but I am sue we
wold find much of this still eaten in indigenous ways. Dates have
beenaround since very early times I fact , some believe that "the land
flowing with milk and honey" talked about in the Bible meant the wild date
honey and the milk of the wild goats.

In any event, I don't really see how trying to follow that Paleo diet for
Historical benefits seems to be the answer for everyone. It may work
well for you, but not for all diabetics or all humans today.

Wendy

I Don't Know 20-10-2013 09:11 PM

On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 11:42:33 -0400, Susan > wrote:

>x-no-arhive: yes
>
>On 10/19/2013 11:49 PM, I Don't Know wrote:
>> Your advice could kill some people you moron.

>Not really.
>
>Susan

He advised not to take one's prescribed meds.

Cheri[_3_] 20-10-2013 09:20 PM

"I Don't Know" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 11:42:33 -0400, Susan > wrote:
>
>>x-no-arhive: yes
>>
>>On 10/19/2013 11:49 PM, I Don't Know wrote:
>>> Your advice could kill some people you moron.

>>Not really.
>>
>>Susan

> He advised not to take one's prescribed meds.

I didn't see that at all. He advised "not to take extra drugs to induce a
hypo so you can cheat!"

Cheri

W. Baker 21-10-2013 02:54 PM

Todd > wrote:
: On 10/20/2013 09:06 AM, W. Baker wrote:
: > Thanks for the complimant, but i still disagree.

: And yet you remain a Lady while doing it. This means others
: are far more likely to consider your words.

: > IT is easy to say, well
: > i follow the "natural" un hybredized paleo diet and look at all the things
: > that we don't eat. Many of those foods are sill eten in many parts of the
: > worlk.

: I was finding that "amusing". I obviously could not eat like
: a real Paleolithic man if I wanted to. I was making conversation.

: > Liver is often prepared in delicious ays like chopped liver and
: > has been adopted by many non-Jews as a nice sandwich or first course.

: My Mom use to make liver. I though she trying to kill me, literally.
: That was the single most obnoxious meat I have ever come across -- worse
: than venison.

: That being said, looking at non-human predators around me, they have
: a tendency to go straight for the liver. So, there is something to
: that. Must taste better raw.

: Anyway, a lot of toxins are stored in the liver, so it would be
: essential to get an organically raised liver. And they are impossible
: to find around these parts. If any ever come available, I will be
: asking your cooking instructions. If you like it (prepared your way),
: I am sure I will like it.

: > How about liverwurst? Pate de Fois gras(nasty as the mehod of production
: > is), and then there is sreak and kidny pie, still, I gather eaten in Great
: > Britain. In old cook books there are all those tripe adn lung stew
: > recipies very common in the 19th century. Lung were commonly eaten until
: > they were outlawed in the US, for I believe , TB concerns. Every have
: > Osso bucco? They give you a special small spoon to eat the marrow.

: I was actually talking about the United States. But, extremely
: interesting observation! Thank you. I remember the "wursts" in
: Germany. A little mustard, bread, and an instant sandwich to die for.

: >
: > In non-European parts of the world I can't address this, but I am sue we
: > wold find much of this still eaten in indigenous ways. Dates have
: > beenaround since very early times I fact , some believe that "the land
: > flowing with milk and honey" talked about in the Bible meant the wild date
: > honey and the milk of the wild goats.

: Fascinating.

: >
: > In any event, I don't really see how trying to follow that Paleo diet for
: > Historical benefits

: Who is following it for historical benefit? I am following it
: because there is strong evidence that after we got too clever
: and figured out how to hybridize plants for abnormal high
: level of carbs, that we 1) lost our height, 2) lost our teeth,
: 3) lost years off our life span. And that is also where we
: started with T2. We violated the design parameters of our bodies
: by eating way to much carb.

: Here is a rather long winded medical paper on the subject:

: Increased consumption of refined carbohydrates and the
: epidemic of type 2 diabetes in the United States:

: http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/79/5/774.long

: You will note from the paper that Carbs cause a lot of other
: problems too, such as inflammation (heart disease).

: If you don't like that article, go to pubmed.gov and
: enter "carbohydrate diabetes epidemic" into the search field.
: It will light up like a Christmas tree.

: > seems to be the answer for everyone. It may work
: > well for you, but not for all diabetics or all humans today.

: I am just giving my experience. I have done tons of research,
: which I am sharing with others. I fully expect others to
: check out what I say and make up their own minds.
: I am not telling anyone what to do.

: And as for the general public, considering the inflammation
: caused by excessive carbs, and the epidemic of T2, yes, it
: would probably be a real advantage to others to cuts back too.
: (type "carbohydrate inflammation" into pubmed's search
: engine and you will be in for a real treat.)

: I really hate seeing people get hurt. I especially hate
: seeing folks continue to get hurt because the don't want
: to give up what injured them in the first place. ("I am
: on the kidney transplant list".) And that does not apply
: to all T2's who occasionally eat a few carbs, which never
: hurt anyone.

: And, I fully expect to hear back that carbs have nothing
: to do with T2. To those, please do some research.

: -T

Just remember that there is a difference between eating and overeating any
food. Too many carbs is bad for diabetics, but eating a lmited
(determined for eacyh by testing wth Jennifer's method, is not bad for
diabetics and makes for happier eating and living in a world with others
for most diabetics. You look at carb overeaters and say that is evil so
any carbs are evil.

Wendy

Moderation in all things except laughter-Thanks, Alan S

W. Baker 21-10-2013 08:48 PM

Todd > wrote:
: On 10/21/2013 06:54 AM, W. Baker wrote:
: > You look at carb overeaters and say that is evil so
: > any carbs are evil.

: Hi Wendy,

: "Any"? Not exactly sure where you got that impression.
: A few won't hurt anyone. Never said "any" that I
: can recall.

: >
: > Wendy
: >
: > Moderation in all things except laughter-Thanks, Alan S

: 1+

You sound as if you even begrudge yourself those 15(including fiber) grams
per meal you allow just in order to get some low carb fibrous vegetables
into your diet. When you speak of Evil , etc. It is a bit of overkill
and it is very accusatory when you talk of peole on this newsgroup as
making concessions with carbs adn taking meds as bad practice and
simplying signs of weakness of character. It sould liek you are saying"
Be real men and quit eating all those half apples or handfuls of cherries
or dairy product with all those carb . Real me diabetic are strong
enough to resist that evil temtation." This comes off a very judgemental.
I know you have not said those words, but that is what you comments imply.
ike saying that testing by Jennifer's method is fine for those who are not
eqaul to , or able to do without the carbs. Not your exact words, but
definitely the feelin you are giving with your words.

There are many routes to excellent control, yours being ONE, but not all
of them so , please stop implying that with one or two exceptions we are
all wimps adn weaklings for eating more carbs than you and/or for needing
medicine to control our diabetes, which many of us have beendoing for many
yers by now. We do what works for us and you do what works for you.

Wendy

[email protected] 22-10-2013 01:02 AM

On 10/20/2013 7:46 AM, I Don't Know wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 03:29:50 -0700, wrote:

>>> I highly doubt it.
>>>
>>> You don't think high carb diets have anything
>>> to do with T2. What is your theory? Why are
>>> you not providing details.

>> He's a T1, but he doesn't talk about it much because if everyone knew he
>> wouldn't be able to out some of youse as being ignorant.
>>
>> If I am wrong, show
>>> me. Pub Med is a good place to start.
>>>
>>> You provided no details on any of your remarks.
>>> Why am I not Paleo? Because you said so?
>>>
>>> And, why are you name calling? Do you drive with your
>>> arm outstretched and your middle finger raised?
>>>

>> Probably.
>> In any case - T1s are different.
>>

>>> -T
>>>

> Obviously we are different. But not for the reasons you think.

That too.
Maybe you and him ought to start an act together.
"Nasty and Nuts" would be a good name.

[email protected] 22-10-2013 01:02 AM

On 10/20/2013 9:06 AM, W. Baker wrote:
> [...]
> : and Oh Boy!
>
> : You are a blessing. Please never stop writing me. :-)
>
> : -T
> Thanks for the complimant, but i still disagree. IT is easy to say, well
> i follow the "natural" un hybredized paleo diet and look at all the things
> that we don't eat. Many of those foods are sill eten in many parts of the
> worlk. Liver is often prepared in delicious ays like chopped liver and
> has been adopted by many non-Jews as a nice sandwich or first course.
> How about liverwurst? Pate de Fois gras(nasty as the mehod of production
> is), and then there is sreak and kidny pie, still, I gather eaten in Great
> Britain. In old cook books there are all those tripe adn lung stew
> recipies very common in the 19th century. Lung were commonly eaten until
> they were outlawed in the US, for I believe , TB concerns.

No such problem in China
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/...64_468x351.jpg

Or click on this one:
http://tinyurl.com/kyvlk8v

[email protected] 22-10-2013 01:05 AM

On 10/20/2013 1:11 PM, I Don't Know wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 11:42:33 -0400, Susan > wrote:
>
>> x-no-arhive: yes
>>
>> On 10/19/2013 11:49 PM, I Don't Know wrote:
>>> Your advice could kill some people you moron.

>> Not really.
>>
>> Susan

> He advised not to take one's prescribed meds.

That's good advice, because most meds are made by BIG Pharma and as
practically *everyone* who is not in Susan's killfile knows, BIG Pharma
is PURE EVIL.
Just like the ADA and most doctors are PURE EVIL.
You *really* ARE new here, aren't you?

W. Baker 22-10-2013 02:50 AM

Todd > wrote:
: On 10/21/2013 12:48 PM, W. Baker wrote:
: > You sound as if you even begrudge yourself those 15(including fiber) grams
: > per meal

: Huh? Fiber is fine, unless it comes from grains. I base
: that statement on the following research paper:

: Scientists Learn More About How Roughage Keeps You 'Regular':
: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0823093156.htm

Who needs those scientists? My Grandma knew that andused exactly that
terinology, roughage, now classily called fiber. Remember spring tonics,
after the winter of limited foods. Rhubarb, the spring cleanser?

: No
one give any s--- about the above, unless
you "actually" : read the research paper and make constructive comments.

: I don't do the fiber subtraction thing from the carbs, as
: it is "time released" carbs and you can get yourself in
: real trouble.

but much of the insoluble(by definition non able to be dissolved) fiber is
not digested, but kind of scrapes the intestine, hence the name roughage.
It does not get digested, but exits the body taking many "evil" things
with it. It soes not contribute to calories or carbs.

: Fiber from
plants is great.
I like to make sure I : shoot for 20 grams or more a day. Artichokes are
: great for fiber. Plus you get to play with your food.

So if you eat 60 grams of carb a day, of which 20 are fiber, you are only
having 40 grams fo the "evil" stuff that raises blood glucose, or
approximately that . I learned form susan that fiber actually only has
about 2 calories per gram unlike the rest of the carbs which have 4-5
calories a gram because so much is indigestible.

: -T

Wendy

Karen[_11_] 22-10-2013 03:09 AM

Org artichokes and brussle sprouts in stock at Raley's

On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 19:48:04 +0000 (UTC), in alt.food.diabetic, "W.
Baker" > wrote:

>Todd > wrote:
>: On 10/21/2013 06:54 AM, W. Baker wrote:
>: > You look at carb overeaters and say that is evil so
>: > any carbs are evil.
>
>: Hi Wendy,
>
>: "Any"? Not exactly sure where you got that impression.
>: A few won't hurt anyone. Never said "any" that I
>: can recall.
>
>: >
>: > Wendy
>: >
>: > Moderation in all things except laughter-Thanks, Alan S
>
>: 1+
>
>You sound as if you even begrudge yourself those 15(including fiber) grams
>per meal you allow just in order to get some low carb fibrous vegetables
>into your diet. When you speak of Evil , etc. It is a bit of overkill
>and it is very accusatory when you talk of peole on this newsgroup as
>making concessions with carbs adn taking meds as bad practice and
>simplying signs of weakness of character. It sould liek you are saying"
>Be real men and quit eating all those half apples or handfuls of cherries
>or dairy product with all those carb . Real me diabetic are strong
>enough to resist that evil temtation." This comes off a very judgemental.
>I know you have not said those words, but that is what you comments imply.
>ike saying that testing by Jennifer's method is fine for those who are not
>eqaul to , or able to do without the carbs. Not your exact words, but
>definitely the feelin you are giving with your words.
>
>There are many routes to excellent control, yours being ONE, but not all
>of them so , please stop implying that with one or two exceptions we are
>all wimps adn weaklings for eating more carbs than you and/or for needing
>medicine to control our diabetes, which many of us have beendoing for many
>yers by now. We do what works for us and you do what works for you.
>
>Wendy

+1
Thank you for saying that Wendy. I know I certainly felt that way
when he was preaching to me about carbs. He would say one thing and
then when called on it deny he said it even. Like saying the ADA
recommended 375 g carbs a day. He said, then said he didn't say it.
This was weeks ago, then over the weekend he said it again.
I certainly won't be taking what he says seriously because of it.
Karen

Ozgirl 22-10-2013 03:34 AM

"Todd" wrote in message ...

On 10/21/2013 06:50 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> like to make sure I : shoot for 20 grams or more a day. Artichokes
> are
> : great for fiber. Plus you get to play with your food.
>
> So if you eat 60 grams of carb a day, of which 20 are fiber, you are
> only
> having 40 grams fo the "evil" stuff that raises blood glucose, or
> approximately that . I learned form susan that fiber actually only
> has
> about 2 calories per gram unlike the rest of the carbs which have 4-5
> calories a gram because so much is indigestible.

Hi Wendy,

Depending on what I am eating, I try to get a minimum
of 20 grams of fiber. A lot of the time I get a lot more.

And, if I eat 60 grams of carbs a day and 20 grams of
fiber, I am still eating 60 grams of carbs.

I do not do the subtraction thing. The carbs are still
absorbed. Just at a somewhat slower rate -- time released.
You can really get yourself into some trouble. Like
carbs that keep getting into your system, even when you
haven't eaten for a while. The gift that keeps on giving.
I have heard others call it the Pizza Effect.

I don't think Susan is speaking to me.

-T

------------------------------------

I don't like doing the subtraction thing either. When I was insulin
resistant an ounce of a high fibre starch would raise me the same way
and in the same timeframe as an ounce of the same thing processed.

Karen[_11_] 22-10-2013 03:57 AM

Org artichokes and brussle sprouts in stock at Raley's

On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 19:26:21 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, Todd
> wrote:

>On 10/21/2013 07:09 PM, Karen wrote:
>

>> +1
>> Thank you for saying that Wendy. I know I certainly felt that way
>> when he was preaching to me about carbs.

>I was speaking to you in friendship. You are the one who
>decided to take offense.
>
>> He would say one thing and
>> then when called on it deny he said it even.

>You make crap up and then attack folks for it.
>

>> Like saying the ADA
>> recommended 375 g carbs a day.

>Prove it. I don't even know what the ADA recommends.
>I was talking about the labeling on packages, which
>I resume was the USDA's recommendations are. I even
>wrote you specifically that that was what I was talking
>about. So, there was absolutely no misunderstanding.
>You were the one that decided to not act civil.

I'll give you this one. You didn't say the ADA, you said the USDA
recommendation.
I'm sorry you think I'm not being civil, but you said I needed to
learn to cook (paleo, I'm assuming) and yes, I did take offense to
that. Just because I choose not to eat the same diet you do does not
mean I'm doing it wrong. The numbers show that I'm doing fine with
the diabetes. Also, all those food labels are based on the assumption
that a person is eating 2000 calories a day. Those percentages are
based on that. I maintain my weight on 1350 a day, so those
percentages certainly don't work for me.

>> He said, then said he didn't say it.

>I did not. Prove it.
>
>> This was weeks ago, then over the weekend he said it again.

>Prove it. Stop making crap up and then attacking other
>for it.

>> I certainly won't be taking what he says seriously because of it.

>When do you actually listen to anything anyone says anyway.
>You twist it and then go on the offensive. You are not
>acting like a nice person.

No, you attacked me by stating I was eating incorrectly (not paleo).

>Wendy and I disagreed and misunderstand each other all
>the time. She could teach you a few things about
>how to be a Lady and how to disagree without being
>disagreeable.

Excuse me????

>By the way, I no longer wish to offer you friendship
>just to have you twist what I say. You are black listed.
>Please don't waste you time ever writing me again.
>
>-T
>
>> Karen

We were never friends to start with.

Julie Bove[_2_] 22-10-2013 08:14 AM

"Karen" > wrote in message

> +1
> Thank you for saying that Wendy. I know I certainly felt that way
> when he was preaching to me about carbs. He would say one thing and
> then when called on it deny he said it even. Like saying the ADA
> recommended 375 g carbs a day. He said, then said he didn't say it.
> This was weeks ago, then over the weekend he said it again.
> I certainly won't be taking what he says seriously because of it.
> Karen

I called him out on this to begin with which is why I got put in his KF. He
said I was fighting with him.

Julie Bove[_2_] 22-10-2013 08:18 AM

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 10/21/2013 07:09 PM, Karen wrote:
>

>> +1
>> Thank you for saying that Wendy. I know I certainly felt that way
>> when he was preaching to me about carbs.

> I was speaking to you in friendship. You are the one who
> decided to take offense.
>
>> He would say one thing and
>> then when called on it deny he said it even.

> You make crap up and then attack folks for it.
>

>> Like saying the ADA
>> recommended 375 g carbs a day.

> Prove it. I don't even know what the ADA recommends.
> I was talking about the labeling on packages, which
> I resume was the USDA's recommendations are. I even
> wrote you specifically that that was what I was talking
> about. So, there was absolutely no misunderstanding.
> You were the one that decided to not act civil.

It can be easily proven. We all saw it and if one wants to go through the
archives they can. You won't see my post because you have me KFed so I'm not
going to look it up. But you did say that the USDA recommends that even
though they don't.

You are the one who is not acting civil. You say something nasty then say
that you were joking or you meant it in a different way.

>> He said, then said he didn't say it.

> I did not. Prove it.
>
>> This was weeks ago, then over the weekend he said it again.

> Prove it. Stop making crap up and then attacking other
> for it.

She's not making stuff up.

>> I certainly won't be taking what he says seriously because of it.

> When do you actually listen to anything anyone says anyway.
> You twist it and then go on the offensive. You are not
> acting like a nice person.

And what would it be called that you are doing?

> Wendy and I disagreed and misunderstand each other all
> the time. She could teach you a few things about
> how to be a Lady and how to disagree without being
> disagreeable.

OMG! I suppose this would be the same Wendy who knows of the magical,
mythical tests?

> By the way, I no longer wish to offer you friendship
> just to have you twist what I say. You are black listed.
> Please don't waste you time ever writing me again.

Ha! Like I couldn't see that coming.

Julie Bove[_2_] 22-10-2013 08:19 AM

"Karen" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 19:26:21 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, Todd
> > wrote:
>
>>On 10/21/2013 07:09 PM, Karen wrote:
>>

>>> +1
>>> Thank you for saying that Wendy. I know I certainly felt that way
>>> when he was preaching to me about carbs.

>>I was speaking to you in friendship. You are the one who
>>decided to take offense.
>>
>>> He would say one thing and
>>> then when called on it deny he said it even.

>>You make crap up and then attack folks for it.
>>

>>> Like saying the ADA
>>> recommended 375 g carbs a day.

>>Prove it. I don't even know what the ADA recommends.
>>I was talking about the labeling on packages, which
>>I resume was the USDA's recommendations are. I even
>>wrote you specifically that that was what I was talking
>>about. So, there was absolutely no misunderstanding.
>>You were the one that decided to not act civil.

> I'll give you this one. You didn't say the ADA, you said the USDA
> recommendation.
> I'm sorry you think I'm not being civil, but you said I needed to
> learn to cook (paleo, I'm assuming) and yes, I did take offense to
> that. Just because I choose not to eat the same diet you do does not
> mean I'm doing it wrong. The numbers show that I'm doing fine with
> the diabetes. Also, all those food labels are based on the assumption
> that a person is eating 2000 calories a day. Those percentages are
> based on that. I maintain my weight on 1350 a day, so those
> percentages certainly don't work for me.
>

>>> He said, then said he didn't say it.

>>I did not. Prove it.
>>
>>> This was weeks ago, then over the weekend he said it again.

>>Prove it. Stop making crap up and then attacking other
>>for it.

>>> I certainly won't be taking what he says seriously because of it.

>>When do you actually listen to anything anyone says anyway.
>>You twist it and then go on the offensive. You are not
>>acting like a nice person.

> No, you attacked me by stating I was eating incorrectly (not paleo).
>
>>Wendy and I disagreed and misunderstand each other all
>>the time. She could teach you a few things about
>>how to be a Lady and how to disagree without being
>>disagreeable.

> Excuse me????
>
>>By the way, I no longer wish to offer you friendship
>>just to have you twist what I say. You are black listed.
>>Please don't waste you time ever writing me again.
>>
>>-T
>>
>>> Karen

> We were never friends to start with.

*Claps*

Julie Bove[_2_] 22-10-2013 08:20 AM

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 10/21/2013 05:05 PM, wrote:

>>> He advised not to take one's prescribed meds.
>>>

>> That's good advice, because most meds are made by BIG Pharma and as
>> practically *everyone* who is not in Susan's killfile knows, BIG Pharma
>> is PURE EVIL.
>> Just like the ADA and most doctors are PURE EVIL.
>> You *really* ARE new here, aren't you?

> Actually, I never advised anyone not to take their meds.
> And I shared that I any finally back off them and am
> very happy about it. I did say you should not to use drugs
> so you can cheat on your carb count.

Drugs do not work that way except for very specific ones and only for some
people. I was on Starlix and it didn't do a thing for me.

[email protected] 22-10-2013 10:46 AM

On 10/21/2013 11:03 AM, Todd wrote:
> On 10/21/2013 06:54 AM, W. Baker wrote:
>> You look at carb overeaters and say that is evil so
>> any carbs are evil.

> Hi Wendy,
>
> "Any"? Not exactly sure where you got that impression.
> A few won't hurt anyone. Never said "any" that I
> can recall.
>

>> Wendy
>>
>> Moderation in all things except laughter-Thanks, Alan S

> 1+

Yes, nice aphorism.
Not quite original though:
http://books.google.com/books/about/...l z-6MQAACAAJ

Nor honest:
Alan planted well over 20000 posts to a.s.d. in the span of a few years:
not exactly testimony of moderation.

To his credit though, he *did* drop the sex, the vegies & the fish from
Dr. Tickell's title.

I wouldn't have.

Don Roberto

Karen[_11_] 22-10-2013 05:02 PM

Org artichokes and brussle sprouts in stock at Raley's

On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 00:18:10 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Todd" > wrote in message
>> On 10/21/2013 07:09 PM, Karen wrote:
>>

>>> +1
>>> Thank you for saying that Wendy. I know I certainly felt that way
>>> when he was preaching to me about carbs.

>> I was speaking to you in friendship. You are the one who
>> decided to take offense.
>>
>>> He would say one thing and
>>> then when called on it deny he said it even.

>> You make crap up and then attack folks for it.
>>

>>> Like saying the ADA
>>> recommended 375 g carbs a day.

>> Prove it. I don't even know what the ADA recommends.
>> I was talking about the labeling on packages, which
>> I resume was the USDA's recommendations are. I even
>> wrote you specifically that that was what I was talking
>> about. So, there was absolutely no misunderstanding.
>> You were the one that decided to not act civil.

>It can be easily proven. We all saw it and if one wants to go through the
>archives they can. You won't see my post because you have me KFed so I'm not
>going to look it up. But you did say that the USDA recommends that even
>though they don't.
>
>You are the one who is not acting civil. You say something nasty then say
>that you were joking or you meant it in a different way.

That's called being passive aggressive. He does it well.

>>> He said, then said he didn't say it.

>> I did not. Prove it.
>>
>>> This was weeks ago, then over the weekend he said it again.

>> Prove it. Stop making crap up and then attacking other
>> for it.

>She's not making stuff up.
>>
>>> I certainly won't be taking what he says seriously because of it.

>> When do you actually listen to anything anyone says anyway.
>> You twist it and then go on the offensive. You are not
>> acting like a nice person.

>And what would it be called that you are doing?
>>
>> Wendy and I disagreed and misunderstand each other all
>> the time. She could teach you a few things about
>> how to be a Lady and how to disagree without being
>> disagreeable.

>OMG! I suppose this would be the same Wendy who knows of the magical,
>mythical tests?
>
>> By the way, I no longer wish to offer you friendship
>> just to have you twist what I say. You are black listed.
>>Please don't waste you time ever writing me again.

>Ha! Like I couldn't see that coming.

I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Karen[_11_] 22-10-2013 05:07 PM

Org artichokes and brussle sprouts in stock at Raley's

On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 00:14:11 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Karen" > wrote in message
.. .

>> +1
>> Thank you for saying that Wendy. I know I certainly felt that way
>> when he was preaching to me about carbs. He would say one thing and
>> then when called on it deny he said it even. Like saying the ADA
>> recommended 375 g carbs a day. He said, then said he didn't say it.
>> This was weeks ago, then over the weekend he said it again.
>> I certainly won't be taking what he says seriously because of it.
>> Karen

>I called out on this to begin with which is why I got put in his KF. He
>said I was fighting with him.

Yes, that seems to be the pattern, when one disagrees with him. Oh
well, you can't please everyone. :-)