Old 20-10-2013, 05:44 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Org artichokes and brussle sprouts in stock at Raley's

On 10/19/2013 08:49 PM, I Don't Know wrote:
On Sat, 19 Oct 2013 14:25:15 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 10/19/2013 11:57 AM, I Don't Know wrote:
On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 19:07:01 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 10/13/2013 04:54 PM, I Don't Know wrote:
On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 14:58:06 -0700, Todd wrote:

Hi All,

Organic artickokes and brusslesprouts in stock at Raley's
The Artichokes are huge, so you only get to eat a half on
one at a sitting (~8 grams bad stuff).

-T

Eight grams of what bad stuff?

This is a diabetic cooking group. Take a guess!

:-) :-) :-)

(I think I am funny.)

-T

Funny? No. Oddball? Yes.

Carbs are not bad for diabetics or anyone else.

Hi "I Don't Know

Is there some name you would like to be called? I feel
a bit impersonal addressing you otherwise. If you
have forgotten, you can find it on your driver's
license. :-) (Another funny.)

droll.

"Some" carbs won't hurt you. More will.

Each individual can decide for themselves how they eat. Your odd plan
wouldn't work for anyone who was honestly recording how they ate.

Carbs
are want injured you to start with.

Nope. That is a complete falsehood on your part,

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/79/5/774.long

If you keep trying to push it on the carbs, you will
risk re-injuring yourself. And, your body will not
re-adjust to real food. You will never stop craving
carbs at poisonous levels and will not stop craving
the unnatural modern diet.

More BS. I don't crave anything as you falsely state.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=carbohydrate+craving

That said, even too much water will kill you. But,
the modern diet is way, way too high in carbs.
The USDA's 375 a day carb recommendation is a scandal.

Your just string phrases together.

Its a gift.

Old 20-10-2013, 11:03 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 10/19/2013 8:49 PM, I Don't Know wrote:
[...]

Learn to eat correctly.

My point exactly. Learn to cook and eat Diabetic/Paleo.

No, you just think it is. The paleo fad is not a true paleo diet.

And,

1) you can never, ever cheat (just eat more meat if you
are still hungry)

2) Do not, do not, do not, take extra drugs to induce a hypo
so you can cheat!

3) always laugh at T's jokes, even when they are only "Oddball".

-T

Your advice could kill some people you moron.

Didn't you already use up that one on someone else?

You *do* realize that when it comes to "advice",
there are those who dish it out,
and then there are those who take it?

Old 20-10-2013, 11:29 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

[...]

I highly doubt it.

You don't think high carb diets have anything
to do with T2. What is your theory? Why are
you not providing details.

He's a T1, but he doesn't talk about it much because if everyone knew he
wouldn't be able to out some of youse as being ignorant.

If I am wrong, show
me. Pub Med is a good place to start.

You provided no details on any of your remarks.
Why am I not Paleo? Because you said so?

And, why are you name calling? Do you drive with your
arm outstretched and your middle finger raised?

Probably.
In any case - T1s are different.

-T

Old 20-10-2013, 03:43 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 19 Oct 2013 21:44:34 -0700, Todd wrote:

[...]

Does not support your whacko theories.

If you keep trying to push it on the carbs, you will
risk re-injuring yourself. And, your body will not
re-adjust to real food. You will never stop craving
carbs at poisonous levels and will not stop craving
the unnatural modern diet.

More BS. I don't crave anything as you falsely state.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=carbohydrate+craving

As I said, I don't crave anything.

That said, even too much water will kill you. But,
the modern diet is way, way too high in carbs.
The USDA's 375 a day carb recommendation is a scandal.

You're just stringing phrases together.

Its a gift.

In your case it's a curse that makes you babble incoherently.

Old 20-10-2013, 03:46 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

[...]

Obviously we are different. But not for the reasons you think.

Old 20-10-2013, 04:42 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

x-no-arhive: yes

On 10/19/2013 11:49 PM, I Don't Know wrote:
Your advice could kill some people you moron.

Not really.

Susan
Old 20-10-2013, 05:06 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd wrote:
: IIRC Paleo folks of long long ago, hunter gatherers really enjoyed a great
: treat when they found a tree with a bee hive in it. They woule absolutely
: (kind of like Winniw the Pooh) eat great amounts of the honey when they
: could get it. Unfortunately, this was a naturally occurring carb that is
: totally unsuitable for diabetics so we can't follow anactual Paleo diet
: which woul dhave in =cluded honey and date honey adn other naturally
: occurring setet fruits adn honey.
:
: Wendy
:

: Hi Wendy,

: The fruits were not hybridized, so not too high carb there, and
: well with human design parameters. They could could not get their
: hands on all that often, based on tribes in Africa that
: still do it. So not too big an insult. (It takes balls to
: steel honey from African bees, but they know how.)

: Blueberry are low carb and they contain goodies great for T2's!
: When I was inducted into the "Pin Cushion Club", my incredible
: ER doctor said to eat blueberries and cinnamon. I try to eat
: 2/3 a cup of blueberries a day. (It's a burden, I know ...)

: Here is a study on fat folks, insulin sensitivity, and blueberries.
: Remember we all (T2's) started out with insulin resistance:
: http://jn.nutrition.org/content/140/10/1764.full

: On the Honey front, remember that they were seldom ate anything
: that remotely approached the modern toxic, high carb diet. So, since
: their bodies were not under assault all the time and their pancreas
: and livers were not damaged by excess carbs, a little honey every
: now and then would not hurt.

: A little carbs every now and then won't hurt anyone. After you
: have been injured though, not a good idea to stick your hand in
: the fire. Those that have not yet been injured, a little more
: is probably okay, but not the scandalous 375 grams per day the USDA
: recommends. That just creates more T2's. (100 grams per day is
: probably a good target for T0's and 60 per day for T2's -- not
: all at once!)

: They also ate things we won't touch, like scorpions, bugs, lizards,
: snakes, organ meats etc.. Kidney, liver: Yuk! :-P If it moved ...

: One of the things they did eat that we don't was bone marrow.
: We can achieve that with chicken broth, as long as we blitz the
: bones and skins in the pressure cooker. Otherwise we just have
: tasty soup without the marrow and skin components. And as my
: GP says, nothing beats the restorative power of a good
: (made right) chicken broth.

: Oh My. They use to eat horses too. Try that (in America)
: and Oh Boy!

: You are a blessing. Please never stop writing me. :-)

: -T
Thanks for the complimant, but i still disagree. IT is easy to say, well
i follow the "natural" un hybredized paleo diet and look at all the things
that we don't eat. Many of those foods are sill eten in many parts of the
worlk. Liver is often prepared in delicious ays like chopped liver and
has been adopted by many non-Jews as a nice sandwich or first course.
How about liverwurst? Pate de Fois gras(nasty as the mehod of production
is), and then there is sreak and kidny pie, still, I gather eaten in Great
Britain. In old cook books there are all those tripe adn lung stew
recipies very common in the 19th century. Lung were commonly eaten until
they were outlawed in the US, for I believe , TB concerns. Every have
Osso bucco? They give you a special small spoon to eat the marrow.

In non-European parts of the world I can't address this, but I am sue we
wold find much of this still eaten in indigenous ways. Dates have
beenaround since very early times I fact , some believe that "the land
flowing with milk and honey" talked about in the Bible meant the wild date
honey and the milk of the wild goats.

In any event, I don't really see how trying to follow that Paleo diet for
Historical benefits seems to be the answer for everyone. It may work
well for you, but not for all diabetics or all humans today.

Wendy
Old 20-10-2013, 09:11 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 11:42:33 -0400, Susan wrote:

x-no-arhive: yes

On 10/19/2013 11:49 PM, I Don't Know wrote:
Your advice could kill some people you moron.

Not really.

Susan

He advised not to take one's prescribed meds.
Old 20-10-2013, 09:20 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"I Don't Know" wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 11:42:33 -0400, Susan wrote:

x-no-arhive: yes

On 10/19/2013 11:49 PM, I Don't Know wrote:
Your advice could kill some people you moron.

Not really.

Susan

He advised not to take one's prescribed meds.

I didn't see that at all. He advised "not to take extra drugs to induce a
hypo so you can cheat!"

Cheri

Old 21-10-2013, 02:54 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd wrote:
: On 10/20/2013 09:06 AM, W. Baker wrote:
: Thanks for the complimant, but i still disagree.

: And yet you remain a Lady while doing it. This means others
: are far more likely to consider your words.

: IT is easy to say, well
: i follow the "natural" un hybredized paleo diet and look at all the things
: that we don't eat. Many of those foods are sill eten in many parts of the
: worlk.

: I was finding that "amusing". I obviously could not eat like
: a real Paleolithic man if I wanted to. I was making conversation.

: Liver is often prepared in delicious ays like chopped liver and
: has been adopted by many non-Jews as a nice sandwich or first course.

: My Mom use to make liver. I though she trying to kill me, literally.
: That was the single most obnoxious meat I have ever come across -- worse
: than venison.

: That being said, looking at non-human predators around me, they have
: a tendency to go straight for the liver. So, there is something to
: that. Must taste better raw.

: Anyway, a lot of toxins are stored in the liver, so it would be
: essential to get an organically raised liver. And they are impossible
: to find around these parts. If any ever come available, I will be
: asking your cooking instructions. If you like it (prepared your way),
: I am sure I will like it.

: How about liverwurst? Pate de Fois gras(nasty as the mehod of production
: is), and then there is sreak and kidny pie, still, I gather eaten in Great
: Britain. In old cook books there are all those tripe adn lung stew
: recipies very common in the 19th century. Lung were commonly eaten until
: they were outlawed in the US, for I believe , TB concerns. Every have
: Osso bucco? They give you a special small spoon to eat the marrow.

: I was actually talking about the United States. But, extremely
: interesting observation! Thank you. I remember the "wursts" in
: Germany. A little mustard, bread, and an instant sandwich to die for.

:
: In non-European parts of the world I can't address this, but I am sue we
: wold find much of this still eaten in indigenous ways. Dates have
: beenaround since very early times I fact , some believe that "the land
: flowing with milk and honey" talked about in the Bible meant the wild date
: honey and the milk of the wild goats.

: Fascinating.

:
: In any event, I don't really see how trying to follow that Paleo diet for
: Historical benefits

: Who is following it for historical benefit? I am following it
: because there is strong evidence that after we got too clever
: and figured out how to hybridize plants for abnormal high
: level of carbs, that we 1) lost our height, 2) lost our teeth,
: 3) lost years off our life span. And that is also where we
: started with T2. We violated the design parameters of our bodies
: by eating way to much carb.

: Here is a rather long winded medical paper on the subject:

: Increased consumption of refined carbohydrates and the
: epidemic of type 2 diabetes in the United States:

: http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/79/5/774.long

: You will note from the paper that Carbs cause a lot of other
: problems too, such as inflammation (heart disease).

: If you don't like that article, go to pubmed.gov and
: enter "carbohydrate diabetes epidemic" into the search field.
: It will light up like a Christmas tree.

: seems to be the answer for everyone. It may work
: well for you, but not for all diabetics or all humans today.

: I am just giving my experience. I have done tons of research,
: which I am sharing with others. I fully expect others to
: check out what I say and make up their own minds.
: I am not telling anyone what to do.

: And as for the general public, considering the inflammation
: caused by excessive carbs, and the epidemic of T2, yes, it
: would probably be a real advantage to others to cuts back too.
: (type "carbohydrate inflammation" into pubmed's search
: engine and you will be in for a real treat.)

: I really hate seeing people get hurt. I especially hate
: seeing folks continue to get hurt because the don't want
: to give up what injured them in the first place. ("I am
: on the kidney transplant list".) And that does not apply
: to all T2's who occasionally eat a few carbs, which never
: hurt anyone.

: And, I fully expect to hear back that carbs have nothing
: to do with T2. To those, please do some research.

: -T

Just remember that there is a difference between eating and overeating any
food. Too many carbs is bad for diabetics, but eating a lmited
(determined for eacyh by testing wth Jennifer's method, is not bad for
diabetics and makes for happier eating and living in a world with others
for most diabetics. You look at carb overeaters and say that is evil so
any carbs are evil.

Wendy

Moderation in all things except laughter-Thanks, Alan S

Old 21-10-2013, 08:48 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd wrote:
: On 10/21/2013 06:54 AM, W. Baker wrote:
: You look at carb overeaters and say that is evil so
: any carbs are evil.

: Hi Wendy,

: "Any"? Not exactly sure where you got that impression.
: A few won't hurt anyone. Never said "any" that I
: can recall.

:
: Wendy
:
: Moderation in all things except laughter-Thanks, Alan S

: 1+

You sound as if you even begrudge yourself those 15(including fiber) grams
per meal you allow just in order to get some low carb fibrous vegetables
into your diet. When you speak of Evil , etc. It is a bit of overkill
and it is very accusatory when you talk of peole on this newsgroup as
making concessions with carbs adn taking meds as bad practice and
simplying signs of weakness of character. It sould liek you are saying"
Be real men and quit eating all those half apples or handfuls of cherries
or dairy product with all those carb . Real me diabetic are strong
enough to resist that evil temtation." This comes off a very judgemental.
I know you have not said those words, but that is what you comments imply.
ike saying that testing by Jennifer's method is fine for those who are not
eqaul to , or able to do without the carbs. Not your exact words, but
definitely the feelin you are giving with your words.

There are many routes to excellent control, yours being ONE, but not all
of them so , please stop implying that with one or two exceptions we are
all wimps adn weaklings for eating more carbs than you and/or for needing
medicine to control our diabetes, which many of us have beendoing for many
yers by now. We do what works for us and you do what works for you.

Wendy
Old 22-10-2013, 01:02 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

[...]

That too.
Maybe you and him ought to start an act together.
"Nasty and Nuts" would be a good name.
Old 22-10-2013, 01:02 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 10/20/2013 9:06 AM, W. Baker wrote:
Todd wrote:
[...]

No such problem in China
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/...64_468x351.jpg

Or click on this one:
http://tinyurl.com/kyvlk8v

Old 22-10-2013, 01:05 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

On 10/20/2013 1:11 PM, I Don't Know wrote:
On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 11:42:33 -0400, Susan wrote:

x-no-arhive: yes

On 10/19/2013 11:49 PM, I Don't Know wrote:
Your advice could kill some people you moron.

Not really.

Susan

He advised not to take one's prescribed meds.

That's good advice, because most meds are made by BIG Pharma and as
practically *everyone* who is not in Susan's killfile knows, BIG Pharma
is PURE EVIL.
Just like the ADA and most doctors are PURE EVIL.
You *really* ARE new here, aren't you?
Old 22-10-2013, 02:50 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd wrote:
: On 10/21/2013 12:48 PM, W. Baker wrote:
: You sound as if you even begrudge yourself those 15(including fiber) grams
: per meal

: Huh? Fiber is fine, unless it comes from grains. I base
: that statement on the following research paper:

: Scientists Learn More About How Roughage Keeps You 'Regular':
: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0823093156.htm

Who needs those scientists? My Grandma knew that andused exactly that
terinology, roughage, now classily called fiber. Remember spring tonics,
after the winter of limited foods. Rhubarb, the spring cleanser?

: No
one give any s--- about the above, unless
you "actually" : read the research paper and make constructive comments.

: I don't do the fiber subtraction thing from the carbs, as
: it is "time released" carbs and you can get yourself in
: real trouble.

but much of the insoluble(by definition non able to be dissolved) fiber is
not digested, but kind of scrapes the intestine, hence the name roughage.
It does not get digested, but exits the body taking many "evil" things
with it. It soes not contribute to calories or carbs.

: Fiber from
plants is great.
I like to make sure I : shoot for 20 grams or more a day. Artichokes are
: great for fiber. Plus you get to play with your food.

So if you eat 60 grams of carb a day, of which 20 are fiber, you are only
having 40 grams fo the "evil" stuff that raises blood glucose, or
approximately that . I learned form susan that fiber actually only has
about 2 calories per gram unlike the rest of the carbs which have 4-5
calories a gram because so much is indigestible.

: -T

Wendy

brussle sprouts in stock Todd Diabetic 5 08-02-2013 09:51 PM
Artichokes! Nancy Young General Cooking 28 07-04-2008 03:13 PM
artichokes mom0f4boys General Cooking 48 05-10-2007 11:15 PM
Hey NorCal Raley's has spares..... Michael Barbecue 17 03-01-2005 12:35 PM
Chicken stock and stock pots DawnK Cooking Equipment 30 23-10-2003 06:22 PM