Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes
Maya Zuiderweg Maya Zuiderweg is offline

Default Org artichokes and brussle sprouts in stock at Raley's

Todd formuleerde de vraag :
> On 10/23/2013 10:06 AM, Maya Zuiderweg wrote:
>> Hi Todd,
>> I dont know what to make of your post.
>> I eat my own food and have to take care of a chronic pancreatitis and a
>> dolichocolon. Not your everyday common diabetes diet (if there even *is*
>> such an animal).
>> My insulin injections are to cover my intake of food.
>> For quite some years now I use little insulin each day.
>> In total 14-18 units a day.
>> I eat about 1800 kcal each day and am very careful.
>> My BMI is in the normal range.
>>
>> M.

> Hi Maya,
>
> Thank you for asking, instead of getting mad. I am
> working on my writing skills. It sounds like you are
> perfectly on track, doing exactly what you are suppose to
> do. I am delighted that you have yours under control.
>
> This line of conversation started when someone erroneously
> got on my case for saying not to take your drugs. (I never
> said that.)
>
> I was carrying on about a man I know and care about
> that does some really insane things and is going to kill
> himself. He almost died once already.
>
> I do not presume for a second that ANYONE on these
> groups would do something so insane for even a fraction
> of a second, even the ones that argue that sugars are
> not carbs.
>
> What I thought I was accomplishing was "speaking to
> the choir". What it turned out as was "criticizing the
> choir". Not good. Not my intention at all. I have some
> fences to repair. :'(
>
> -T

Hi Todd,
Learning is what you are doing, and you are doing just fine.
Never stop learning, and you'll be okay.

> There is an herb, which I can not vouch for yet
> (I have only just started on it) that is "suppose"
> (watch the weasel word) to help the pancreas.
> Would you like a reference, or is this all old hat
> to you?

I wouldn't know, there are so very many herbs.
I'm curious enough to want to know which one you mean.

M.