Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Org artichokes and brussle sprouts in stock at Raley's

In alt.support.diabetes Todd > wrote:
: >>
: >> : Too much insulin messed you up pretty good too, even if
: >> : you are offsetting with vast quantities of carbs, which
: >> : also mess you up in other way besides T2.
: >>
: >> : An article on insulin:
: >>
: >> :
: >> https://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2013...olution_01.htm
: >>
: >> : Too much insulin, the fat storage hormone, also drives
: >> : more inflammation and oxidative stress, and produces a
: >> : myriad of downstream effects including high blood pressure,
: >> : high cholesterol, low HDL, high triglycerides, poor sex
: >> : drive, infertility, thickening of the blood, and increased
: >> : risk of cancer, Alzheimer?s, and depression.
: >>
: >> : Probably why T1 shouldn't over do the insulin too.
: >>
: >> : -T
: >>
: >> No one in this group or on the food group advocates using extra
: >> insulin or
: >> meds to cover up eating extra carbs. first of all it makes the
: >> underlying
: >> situation worse as it puts weight on a person which means fewer carbs,
: >> etc
: >> to be able to control ones diabetes and bgs. Second, we are not here to
: >> find "tricks" to work around controlingour diabtes by using exta meds or
: >> any other such things. If we believe dthat WE WOULD NoyT BE SEEKING WHAT
: >> WE ARE HERE, a successful method of conrtoling our diabetes withotu doing
: >> injury to ourselves and we let others know our methods. We don't really
: >> think that there is only oneway to live with diabetes, but WE DO NOT
: >> ADVOCATE USE OF DRugs or isulinn TO ALLOW OURSELVES TO "CHEAT"..Some may
: >> eat more carbs, bu exercise more to keep inbalance adn some may , like
: >> you, eat very low carb or medium carb , etc. We use what works for us
: >> and
: >> what we can do reletively happily. Please, don't think that this group
: >> advocates or admires diabetic cheaters who only really fool themselves.
: >> They wuld not lst on this group.
: >>
: >> Wendy
: >
: > Wendy, please forgive me. I never meant to imply anyone of this group
: > would do something so ferociously irresponsible. That I know
: > of others not on this group that do, horrifies me. That was all I
: > was getting at. I though I as talking to like minded T2's that
: > would share my horror as well. I obviously did not succeed very
: > well at it.
: >
: > -T

: Hi Wendy,
: Can you point me to which sentence(s) gave you the
: impression I was implying those on the group were
: doing suchlike? It would help me improve my writing.

: -T

I left a few paragraphs. You spend far too much time preaching to the
converted and, therefore making it sound like accusations. Why quote that
insulin article, which, in this group is really quite obious. You dwell
on this fellow with teh "apples are free food" and all his sins that do
not need reiterating in this group.

We have peole who use various methods to control their diabetes (if htey
are able to) in that sence all methods are equal. If you think we all
spend our time lusting after potato cips adn ice cream and other carbsy
stuff because we are not eating Paleo, you are mistaken. Manyof us have
found our tastes have changes as we eat fewer carbs adn lessen our use of
sweets , in general. It does not take a Paleo diet to make such changes.

I, personally, take the attitude , in my cooking that I am competing with
my dibetes. It thins I can't enjoy my food, but I find interesting ways
to fool it adn eat delicious stuff, occasionally using artificial
sweeteners, but not heavily, and I cansay to my dibetes"So there. You
thought you hd me over barrel, but I showed you." this works for me and
some others, as I think it is actually working for you as you, as a
reletive newbie, discover new wys to prepare food. Just remember, in that
area, don't reinvent the wheel and sound like yu ware the first one to
discover this change in tastes .

I hope this lets you uderstand where we are coming from and where you, as
a newbie here, might go.

Wendy