Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Karen[_11_] Karen[_11_] is offline

Default Org artichokes and brussle sprouts in stock at Raley's

On Wed, 23 Oct 2013 21:00:38 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Karen" > wrote in message
>news
>> On Wed, 23 Oct 2013 23:39:56 +0200, in alt.food.diabetic, Maya
>> Zuiderweg <$no_spam#ma_dot_zuiderweg_@_me_dot_com#maps_on$ > wrote:
>>
>>>Todd formuleerde de vraag :

>>>Hi Todd,
>>>Learning is what you are doing, and you are doing just fine.
>>>Never stop learning, and you'll be okay.

>>>I wouldn't know, there are so very many herbs.
>>>I'm curious enough to want to know which one you mean.
>>>
>>>M.
>>>

>> You've all been very chatty since I was offline later yesterday and
>> most of today. We had gone out of town for my mother being laid to
>> rest. Just got home. Will mostly be busy the next few days getting
>> the house ready for my brother's homecoming after 7 months in the
>> hospital, so may only have a few minutes here and there to read the
>> conversations here.
>>
>> I know Todd may not see this, but I have heard good things about
>> bitter melon and diabetes and glucose control, cinnamon too. I have
>> not yet tried either. Does anyone here have input on either of these?
>>
>> Karen

>Sorry to hear of your mother but glad that your brother is getting out of
>the hospital!
>
>I tried both. Bitter melon in pill form did seem to help sometimes when my
>BG was too high. But other times not. Not enough for me to continue taking
>it. Cinnamon raised my BG. Angela does take the Cinnsulin from Costco.
>Does seem to be helping her. Her A1c is in normal range now.

Thanks Julie. We are happy my brother is coming home finally. It's
been a long, difficult 7 months, so I'm happy about that. Mom, on
the other hand had suffered for a long time (2 1/2 years) so as hard
as it is, it's a release from pain for her. She will always live in
my heart though. We were very close. You know how those
mother-daughter bonds can be.

I may give the bitter melon a try. I already use a lot of cinnamon.
Karen