Old 14-10-2013, 12:54 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Org artichokes and brussle sprouts in stock at Raley's

On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 14:58:06 -0700, Todd wrote:

Hi All,

Organic artickokes and brusslesprouts in stock at Raley's
The Artichokes are huge, so you only get to eat a half on
one at a sitting (~8 grams bad stuff).

-T

Eight grams of what bad stuff?

Old 14-10-2013, 01:19 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"I Don't Know" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 14:58:06 -0700, Todd wrote:

Hi All,

Organic artickokes and brusslesprouts in stock at Raley's
The Artichokes are huge, so you only get to eat a half on
one at a sitting (~8 grams bad stuff).

-T

Eight grams of what bad stuff?

He's talking about carbs in the artichokes being bad stuff which is complete
nonsense.

Cheri

Old 14-10-2013, 01:23 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"I Don't Know" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 14:58:06 -0700, Todd wrote:

Hi All,

Organic artickokes and brusslesprouts in stock at Raley's
The Artichokes are huge, so you only get to eat a half on
one at a sitting (~8 grams bad stuff).

-T

Eight grams of what bad stuff?

He thinks all carbs are bad.

Old 14-10-2013, 05:27 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message
On 10/13/2013 05:19 PM, Cheri wrote:
"I Don't Know" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 14:58:06 -0700, Todd wrote:

Hi All,

Organic artickokes and brusslesprouts in stock at Raley's
The Artichokes are huge, so you only get to eat a half on
one at a sitting (~8 grams bad stuff).

-T

Eight grams of what bad stuff?

He's talking about carbs in the artichokes being bad stuff which is
complete nonsense.

Cheri

Hi Cheri,

"Complete nonsense"?!?!? Why now KIDS THESE DAYS!
You meant the "Good Kind" of nonsense, no?

I'm sure she didn't. You annoyed the peewaddins out of me when you first
came here by spouting your nonsense which I call lies. And you just
killfiled me because I called you out on it.

Living with Diabetes:
Fat: good
Protein: good
carbs: bad (also know as the "bad stuff")

Cheri is not stupid. Not all fat is good and too much fat is bad. Carbs are
not bad. There is not just one type of diabetes nor does everyone's body
metabolize food the same way. And for type 2's we have varying degrees of
insulin resistance to top it all off. Fat and protein are not necessarily
good for *me*. If I eat too much of those they will come back up. If I do
it too many times, I will need surgery to remove the bezoar that they will
form. There is no one size fits all here and I wish you would quite
preaching this. But of course you'll never see this.

If you want to cheat the system and eat the bad stuff, you
need the specialized tests that Wendy knows about
or you will get yourself in a lot of trouble. Wendy
can fill in the details if you are curious.

OMG! So now Wendy is some sort of expert who knows of specialized tests?
This is getting beyond humorous. It's just kind of sad, sick, pathetic and
funny too but not in a good way.

Me, I will eat like my body was designed and like
my ancestors did for 99% of our history (before Beer).
I will not push the envelope and re-damage myself.
(Wendy's method sounds like it is pretty safe.)

I don't even know what this before beer thing is and I don't care. Food
history is an interest of mine but I don't drink beer so never looked this
up. Am pretty sure though that just like most anything else you say, you
are wrong.

Actually, with my 15 carb per meal and 60 per day limit,
Artichokes are awesome. And they are a nutritionally
a huge plus. GROK ON!

No clue what "GROK" is and not gonna look it up.

Can you imagine the first person that decided to eat
and artichoke? Must have been really hungry. Or
had a thing about boiling the absolute life out of
vegetables. I wonder if my mom was the one that
discovered artichokes were edible? :-)

You do know that they are edible raw, right? Thought not!

Old 14-10-2013, 06:10 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"I Don't Know" wrote in message
news On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 14:58:06 -0700, Todd wrote:

Hi All,

Organic artickokes and brusslesprouts in stock at Raley's
The Artichokes are huge, so you only get to eat a half on
one at a sitting (~8 grams bad stuff).

-T

Eight grams of what bad stuff?

He's talking about carbs in the artichokes being bad stuff which is
complete nonsense.

Cheri

Hi Cheri,

"Complete nonsense"?!?!? Why now KIDS THESE DAYS!
You meant the "Good Kind" of nonsense, no?

I'm fairly sure that you've been in the groups before with different nyms so
I'll just leave it at that.

Cheri

Old 14-10-2013, 06:42 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message

"I Don't Know" wrote in message
news On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 14:58:06 -0700, Todd wrote:

Hi All,

Organic artickokes and brusslesprouts in stock at Raley's
The Artichokes are huge, so you only get to eat a half on
one at a sitting (~8 grams bad stuff).

-T

Eight grams of what bad stuff?

He's talking about carbs in the artichokes being bad stuff which is
complete nonsense.

Cheri

Hi Cheri,

"Complete nonsense"?!?!? Why now KIDS THESE DAYS!
You meant the "Good Kind" of nonsense, no?

I'm fairly sure that you've been in the groups before with different nyms
so I'll just leave it at that.

Yeah. Me too. I called him out right off the bat. And people jumped on me
for doing it. But I still stand by what I thought back then. Nothing has
changed and it's only getting worse.

Old 14-10-2013, 07:15 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message

Hi Cheri,

I have never been anyone other than Todd. That
others may have my same corny sense of humor, well
now, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
I will just have to send the poor imitators a bill!
I AM THE ORIGINAL! (I got called "Fuzzy Lovey" on
another group. You should have read the response.
"For the love of all the is good and decent, take
it back!" the bull poop went on for two
paragraphs. Some of my better stuff.) Just,
try, T-R-Y and tell me I am not the funniest guy
on this group! (Accept no imitations.)

Hmm... I have seen no humor here at all. In fact most of what you write
just ****es me off royally. You say things that you think are funny and you
even get people to back you up on your meaning but you are really saying
rude and nasty things. Trophy wife? Arm candy? And that to me is not
funny.

snip

Old 14-10-2013, 02:08 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd wrote:
: Organic artickokes and brusslesprouts in stock at Raley's
: The Artichokes are huge, so you only get to eat a half on
: one at a sitting (~8 grams bad stuff).
:
:
: -T
:
: Eight grams of what bad stuff?
:
:
:
: He's talking about carbs in the artichokes being bad stuff which is
: complete nonsense.
:
: Cheri

: Hi Cheri,

: "Complete nonsense"?!?!? Why now KIDS THESE DAYS!
: You meant the "Good Kind" of nonsense, no?

: Living with Diabetes:
: Fat: good
: Protein: good
: carbs: bad (also know as the "bad stuff")

Rather oversiplified.
: If you want to cheat the system and eat the bad stuff, you
: need the specialized tests that Wendy knows about
: or you will get yourself in a lot of trouble. Wendy
: can fill in the details if you are curious.

What in the world are you talking about "special tests" Like bg finger
sticks and every 3-6 months A1c? I know of no other "special tets"

: Me, I will eat like my body was designed and like
: my ancestors did for 99% of our history (before Beer).
: I will not push the envelope and re-damage myself.
: (Wendy's method sounds like it is pretty safe.)

30 years of this disease without any of the complications ? Otherwise I
don' know what "system" you are talking about.

: Actually, with my 15 carb per meal and 60 per day limit,
: Artichokes are awesome. And they are a nutritionally
: a huge plus. GROK ON!

By the way, I have never boiled an artichoke. I steam them over water in
a covered pot with a bit of vinegar in the water. I then eat them either
plain or dipped in an oiland vinegar dressing with some herbs , garoc, etc
in the dressing.

: -T

Wendy
Old 19-10-2013, 07:57 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 19:07:01 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 10/13/2013 04:54 PM, I Don't Know wrote:
On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 14:58:06 -0700, Todd wrote:

Hi All,

Organic artickokes and brusslesprouts in stock at Raley's
The Artichokes are huge, so you only get to eat a half on
one at a sitting (~8 grams bad stuff).

-T

Eight grams of what bad stuff?

This is a diabetic cooking group. Take a guess!

:-) :-) :-)

(I think I am funny.)

-T

Funny? No. Oddball? Yes.

Carbs are not bad for diabetics or anyone else. Learn to eat
correctly.

Old 19-10-2013, 07:59 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"I Don't Know" wrote in message
[...]

Unfortunately you do not Grok.

Old 20-10-2013, 12:56 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd wrote:
: On 10/19/2013 11:59 AM, I Don't Know wrote:
: Actually, with my 15 carb per meal and 60 per day limit,
: Artichokes are awesome. And they are a nutritionally
: a huge plus. GROK ON!

: Unfortunately you do not Grok.

: Hi What-his-name,

: Ha! He eats (Mark Sisson) more carbs than me. And,
: he consumes a tiny bit of refined sugars as
: well as honey.

: I eat before beer, except not honey, bugs, lizards,
: brains, eye balls, snakes.

: Some Paleos do not eat dairy. Mark says to eat grass
: fed dairy. I stay away from milk. Mark may too.
: Grok herded animals. :-P

: What part on Paleo do you think I am not following?

: GROK on!

: -T

IIRC Paleo folks of long long ago, hunter gatherers really enjoyed a great
treat when they found a tree with a bee hive in it. They woule absolutely
(kind of like Winniw the Pooh) eat great amounts of the honey when they
could get it. Unfortunately, this was a naturally occurring carb that is
totally unsuitable for diabetics so we can't follow anactual Paleo diet
which woul dhave in =cluded honey and date honey adn other naturally
occurring setet fruits adn honey.

Wendy
Old 20-10-2013, 01:58 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 10/19/2013 2:25 PM, Todd wrote:
On 10/19/2013 11:57 AM, I Don't Know wrote:
On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 19:07:01 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 10/13/2013 04:54 PM, I Don't Know wrote:
On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 14:58:06 -0700, Todd wrote:

Hi All,

Organic artickokes and brusslesprouts in stock at Raley's
The Artichokes are huge, so you only get to eat a half on
one at a sitting (~8 grams bad stuff).

-T

Eight grams of what bad stuff?

This is a diabetic cooking group. Take a guess!

:-) :-) :-)

(I think I am funny.)

-T

Funny? No. Oddball? Yes.

Carbs are not bad for diabetics or anyone else.

Hi "I Don't Know

Is there some name you would like to be called? I feel
a bit impersonal addressing you otherwise. If you
have forgotten, you can find it on your driver's
license. :-) (Another funny.)

No, it's nor funny: it's silly, like practically everything you write.

"Some" carbs won't hurt you. More will. Carbs
are want injured you to start with.

If you keep trying to push it on the carbs, you will
risk re-injuring yourself. And, your body will not
re-adjust to real food. You will never stop craving
carbs at poisonous levels and will not stop craving
the unnatural modern diet.

That said, even too much water will kill you. But,
the modern diet is way, way too high in carbs.
The USDA's 375 a day carb recommendation is a scandal.

Learn to eat correctly.

My point exactly. Learn to cook and eat Diabetic/Paleo.

And,

1) you can never, ever cheat (just eat more meat if you
are still hungry)

2) Do not, do not, do not, take extra drugs to induce a hypo
so you can cheat!

3) always laugh at T's jokes, even when they are only "Oddball".

Old 20-10-2013, 04:49 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 19 Oct 2013 14:25:15 -0700, Todd wrote:

[...]

droll.

"Some" carbs won't hurt you. More will.

Each individual can decide for themselves how they eat. Your odd plan
wouldn't work for anyone who was honestly recording how they ate.

Carbs
are want injured you to start with.

Nope. That is a complete falsehood on your part,

If you keep trying to push it on the carbs, you will
risk re-injuring yourself. And, your body will not
re-adjust to real food. You will never stop craving
carbs at poisonous levels and will not stop craving
the unnatural modern diet.

More BS. I don't crave anything as you falsely state.

That said, even too much water will kill you. But,
the modern diet is way, way too high in carbs.
The USDA's 375 a day carb recommendation is a scandal.

Your just string phrases together.

Learn to eat correctly.

My point exactly. Learn to cook and eat Diabetic/Paleo.

No, you just think it is. The paleo fad is not a true paleo diet.

And,

1) you can never, ever cheat (just eat more meat if you
are still hungry)

2) Do not, do not, do not, take extra drugs to induce a hypo
so you can cheat!

3) always laugh at T's jokes, even when they are only "Oddball".

-T

Your advice could kill some people you moron.

Old 20-10-2013, 05:04 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 10/19/2013 08:49 PM, I Don't Know wrote:
[...]

I highly doubt it.

You don't think high carb diets have anything
to do with T2. What is your theory? Why are
you not providing details. If I am wrong, show
me. Pub Med is a good place to start.

You provided no details on any of your remarks.
Why am I not Paleo? Because you said so?

And, why are you name calling? Do you drive with your
arm outstretched and your middle finger raised?

-T

brussle sprouts in stock Todd Diabetic 5 08-02-2013 09:51 PM
Artichokes! Nancy Young General Cooking 28 07-04-2008 03:13 PM
artichokes mom0f4boys General Cooking 48 05-10-2007 11:15 PM
Hey NorCal Raley's has spares..... Michael Barbecue 17 03-01-2005 12:35 PM
Chicken stock and stock pots DawnK Cooking Equipment 30 23-10-2003 06:22 PM