Old 04-01-2004, 02:37 AM

Default Cool Whip

The kids eat what they want to eat. We are not home much as busy
Chiropractors we don't spend much time with them and they fix or buy a
lot of their own foods.
As for us we are strictly vegetarians. The kids eat what their friends
and their nanny like.
Matt

Vox Humana wrote:

wrote in message
link.net...

Sounds good to me but I would use cream cheese that is fat free and
this dessert becomes a health food.

Fat free doens't equal healthy. Just as I pointed out earlier, Cool Whip
has saturated fat which isn't healthy. It has 60% of its calories from fat,
and that is twice the recommended level for healthy eating. You mentioned
that your kids ate popsicles and cookies dipped into Cool Whip. That is far
from healthy eating.

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

In article , "Dee Randall"
wrote:

I have always just ignored recipes that call for "cool whip."

What exactly is cool whip - what are its uses?

Can you make it yourself from your own ingredients if your recipe
calls for it?

thanks so much.

Dee

Think imitation sweetened whipped cream.
I just made this pie using 1 pint whipping cream, whipped and sweetened:

{ Exported from MasterCook Mac }

10-Minute German Sweet Chocolate Pie

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 1
Preparation Time: 0:00
Categories: Desserts

Amount Measure Ingredient Preparation Method
4 oz. German¹s Sweet Chocolate
1/3 cup milk
2 Tbsp. sugar
3 oz. cream cheese softened
3 1/2 cups Cool Whip
8 ² crumb crust (Johnson¹s prepared crust)

Heat chocolate and 2 Tbsp. of the milk in a saucepan over low heat,
stirring until chocolate is melted. Beat sugar into cream cheese; add
remaining milk and chocolate mixture and beat until smooth. Fold in
Cool Whip; spoon into crust. Freeze until firm, about 4 hours. Garnish
with chocolate curls, if desired. Store leftovers (hah!!) in freezer.

Makes 6-8 servings. Chris and Becky love it. Chocolate crust is good.

‹‹‹‹‹
Notes: Source: Cool Whip container, November, 1980.

Per serving (excluding unknown items): 444 Calories; 32g Fat (64%
calories from fat); 9g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 104mg Cholesterol;
291mg Sodium Food Exchanges: 1 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fruit; 6 Fat; 1 1/2
Other Carbohydrates

_____

Old 04-01-2004, 04:18 PM
Vox Humana

wrote in message
hlink.net...
The kids eat what they want to eat. We are not home much as busy
Chiropractors we don't spend much time with them and they fix or buy a
lot of their own foods.
As for us we are strictly vegetarians. The kids eat what their friends
and their nanny like.
Matt

Matt, it's been great taking with you, but all things considered, your posts
seem a bit trollish.

Old 05-01-2004, 12:54 AM
JimL

Or another variation: Do it without the crust in a square 8-inch cake
pan, cut down by almost half the Cool whip, let cool, cut into
squares. Noce cheesecake bars -- still kinda soft, so refrig or
semi-freeze before cutting and serving.

I'm sure there are recipes out there for similar things done more
accurately.

wrote in message hlink.net...
Sounds good to me but I would use cream cheese that is fat free and
this dessert becomes a health food.

Old 05-01-2004, 12:59 AM
JimL

Why all the basshing of Cool Whip? Some things that are imitations,
or substitutions, may not taste the same to the purists, but they
have their place, convenienece of use, and in some cases may actually
be better.

I can take one spoonful of Cool Whip out of the freezer whene I would
not consider making "purist" whipped cream. I can put a dessert
topped with Cool Whip back in the fridge or freexer and have it retain
its shape, whereas cream will dissolve and run all over the place.
etc., etc.

Sometimes it's better, sometimes close to the same, sometimes not.
All in our choices.

Similarly, yesterday I made beans and rice from (heaven forbid!)
canned red beans. No, I didn't soak the dried bag of beans overnight
and cook for hours. So shoot me. I can do the other. But these
tasted just fine for my porpoises.

wrote in message thlink.net...
Best wishes for a Happy and Healthy New Year and enjoy whipping...any
way you want.
Matt

Vox Humana wrote:

hlink.net...

Old 05-01-2004, 01:06 AM
Peggy

forgive me if I'm repeating what somebody else may have posted, but here's a
link to cool whip's website:
http://www.coolwhip.com . It's a commercial non-dairy version of whipped
cream. You could probably substitute real whipped cream for cool whip in
recipes that call for it.
~Peggy

Old 05-01-2004, 02:44 AM
[email protected]

No one has stated that Cool Whip is better or worse for you. There just
seems to be some bias here against it by some.
Too bad because as you say it is a matter of convenience and a better
resulting product.
Oh Well. We like the product.
Matt

Old 10-01-2004, 05:35 AM
Wayne Boatwright

Alan wrote in
:

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 16:06:17 -0900, "Peggy"
wrote:

forgive me if I'm repeating what somebody else may have posted, but
here's a link to cool whip's website:
http://www.coolwhip.com . It's a commercial non-dairy version of
whipped cream. You could probably substitute real whipped cream for
cool whip in recipes that call for it.
~Peggy

Gosh! I bet you could!

:-)

Alan

One minor difference could be that Cool Whip offers almost infinite
stability, whereas real whipped cream can sometimes return to a more
liquid state. It's whipped stability cna be unpredictable. This could
be an important factor in some of the recipes centering around Cool
Whip...not that I'd make them anyway.

Wayne
Old 19-01-2004, 12:35 AM
The Old Bear

Newsgroups: rec.food.baking
Subject: Cool Whip
From: Wayne Boatwright
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 05:35:48 GMT

Alan wrote:

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 "Peggy" wrote:

forgive me if I'm repeating what somebody else may have posted, but
here's a link to cool whip's website:
http://www.coolwhip.com . It's a commercial non-dairy version of
whipped cream. You could probably substitute real whipped cream for
cool whip in recipes that call for it.

Gosh! I bet you could!

One minor difference could be that Cool Whip offers almost infinite
stability, whereas real whipped cream can sometimes return to a more
liquid state. It's whipped stability cna be unpredictable. This could
be an important factor in some of the recipes centering around Cool
Whip...not that I'd make them anyway.

Cool Whip (and similar non-dairy whipped toppings) have another
advantage over natural whipped cream: they do not sour at body
temperature.

Therefore, if you're planning to engage in any activity which requires
apply whipped cream to someone's body, you will be better served using
a non-dairy topping.

Just an observation.

Cheers,
The Old Bear

Old 19-01-2004, 01:00 AM
H. W. Hans Kuntze

The Old Bear wrote:

[....]

Cool Whip (and similar non-dairy whipped toppings) have another=20
advantage over natural whipped cream: they do not sour at body=20
temperature.

Therefore, if you're planning to engage in any activity which requires=20
apply whipped cream to someone's body, you will be better served using=20
a non-dairy topping.

Would not do it for me, Bear. :-)

I'd rather slobber souered *real* cream off a triple bagger than Cruel=20
Whip=AE off Miss Universe.

Just an observation.

--=20
Grue$$e.

C=3D=A6-)=A7 H. W. Hans Kuntze, CMC, S.g.K. (_o_)
" Strive for excellence in your life & reject being a doormat to others. =
Serve God. "
http://www.cmcchef.com , chef[AT]cmcchef.com

cool whip sf[_9_] General Cooking 21 18-01-2015 09:52 PM
cool whip Jen General Cooking 28 17-01-2015 05:18 PM
Cool Whip Frosting Anna[_2_] General Cooking 81 04-01-2008 04:57 PM
Cool Whip Janet Wilder[_1_] Diabetic 20 23-12-2007 06:49 PM
Cool Whip and Dream whip Jen General Cooking 26 04-08-2005 02:05 PM