Vox Humana

Default Cool Whip

> wrote in message
hlink.net...
> What a surprise as Cool Whip is the largest selling topping of any
> including whipped cream.
> Whipped cream is not acceptable to most people.
> Matt

Because of your top posting it is really hard to determine your position. I
will assume that your are quite enthusiastic about Cool Whip. Of course,
that's your right as it is mine to prefer real whipped cream. I would point
out that there are lots of products that sell like mad, but that doesn't
make them superior. For instance, Velveeta is quite popular because it is
cheap, melts well, and doesn't require refrigeration until it is opened. My
supermarket regularly puts entire skids of the stuff down the main isle at
room temperature when it is on special. Does that make Velveeta superior or
more acceptable than cheddar cheese. I think not. I also believe that
"most people" don't have a clue about nutrition, and the relationship
between saturated fat and cholesterol. How many people do you suppose
prefer non-dairy creamer over real cream because they think it is a healthy
choice? How many just like being able to have a jar of the stuff on the
table and not have to worry about refrigeration and expiration dates? Many
people think that margarine is more acceptable than butter, but that isn't
the case from a medical point of view. I suppose that you really like Tang
over real orange juice? After all, millions of jars have been sold. By the
way, do you have a source for claims about people's preferences for Cool
Whip?