Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Cool Whip

I was in the grocery yesterday looking at Cool Whip to buy it for a pie
I'm taking to a pot luck on Christmas Eve. There is Cool Whip, Cool Whip
Lite, Cool Whip Free and Sugar-free Cool Whip.

Regular, Lite and Free Cool Whip are only 2 gram of carbs per 2
tablespoon serving. The sugar-free was 3 grams.

Though I find this amusing, I have to wonder at the lack of awareness in
the food industry about sugar-free foods. (Don't even get me started on
the cookbook industry!)

Janet

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Janet Wilder wrote in message
>I was in the grocery yesterday looking at Cool Whip to buy it for a

pie
>I'm taking to a pot luck on Christmas Eve. There is Cool Whip, Cool

Whip
>Lite, Cool Whip Free and Sugar-free Cool Whip.
>
>Regular, Lite and Free Cool Whip are only 2 gram of carbs per 2
>tablespoon serving. The sugar-free was 3 grams.
>
>Though I find this amusing, I have to wonder at the lack of awareness

in
>the food industry about sugar-free foods. (Don't even get me started

on
>the cookbook industry!)
>
>Janet

I used to like Cool Whip, but anymore, I just hate it. It leaves an
oily feel in my mouth. Dunno why that is, but it's nasty to me. I'd
sooner do real whipped cream. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Janet Wilder > wrote:
: I was in the grocery yesterday looking at Cool Whip to buy it for a pie
: I'm taking to a pot luck on Christmas Eve. There is Cool Whip, Cool Whip
: Lite, Cool Whip Free and Sugar-free Cool Whip.

: Regular, Lite and Free Cool Whip are only 2 gram of carbs per 2
: tablespoon serving. The sugar-free was 3 grams.

: Though I find this amusing, I have to wonder at the lack of awareness in
: the food industry about sugar-free foods. (Don't even get me started on
: the cookbook industry!)

: Janet

Who knows? Mybe it is better for the teeth:-)

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Cheri wrote:
> Janet Wilder wrote in message
>> I was in the grocery yesterday looking at Cool Whip to buy it for a

> pie
>> I'm taking to a pot luck on Christmas Eve. There is Cool Whip, Cool

> Whip
>> Lite, Cool Whip Free and Sugar-free Cool Whip.
>>
>> Regular, Lite and Free Cool Whip are only 2 gram of carbs per 2
>> tablespoon serving. The sugar-free was 3 grams.
>>
>> Though I find this amusing, I have to wonder at the lack of awareness

> in
>> the food industry about sugar-free foods. (Don't even get me started

> on
>> the cookbook industry!)
>>
>> Janet

> I used to like Cool Whip, but anymore, I just hate it. It leaves an
> oily feel in my mouth. Dunno why that is, but it's nasty to me. I'd
> sooner do real whipped cream. :-)
>
> Cheri

Me, too. But this is for a dessert pie that's going to a shared dinner
for over 20 people and the real whipped cream won't keep nearly as well.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Good Friends. Good Life
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I just whip real heavy cream with splenda...very yummy!

KROM'

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
>I was in the grocery yesterday looking at Cool Whip to buy it for a pie I'm
>taking to a pot luck on Christmas Eve. There is Cool Whip, Cool Whip Lite,
>Cool Whip Free and Sugar-free Cool Whip.
>
> Regular, Lite and Free Cool Whip are only 2 gram of carbs per 2 tablespoon
> serving. The sugar-free was 3 grams.
>
> Though I find this amusing, I have to wonder at the lack of awareness in
> the food industry about sugar-free foods. (Don't even get me started on
> the cookbook industry!)
>
> Janet
>
> --
> Janet Wilder
> Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
> Good Friends. Good Life

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
>I was in the grocery yesterday looking at Cool Whip to buy it for a pie I'm
>taking to a pot luck on Christmas Eve. There is Cool Whip, Cool Whip Lite,
>Cool Whip Free and Sugar-free Cool Whip.
>
> Regular, Lite and Free Cool Whip are only 2 gram of carbs per 2 tablespoon
> serving. The sugar-free was 3 grams.
>
> Though I find this amusing, I have to wonder at the lack of awareness in
> the food industry about sugar-free foods. (Don't even get me started on
> the cookbook industry!)

Some people buy sugar free foods for a different reason. There are some
(probably just a few) people who have an allergy to cane sugar.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Janet Wilder wrote:
> I was in the grocery yesterday looking at Cool Whip to buy it for a pie
> I'm taking to a pot luck on Christmas Eve. There is Cool Whip, Cool Whip
> Lite, Cool Whip Free and Sugar-free Cool Whip.
>
> Regular, Lite and Free Cool Whip are only 2 gram of carbs per 2
> tablespoon serving. The sugar-free was 3 grams.
>
> Though I find this amusing, I have to wonder at the lack of awareness in
> the food industry about sugar-free foods. (Don't even get me started on
> the cookbook industry!)

A while back I found sugar-free whipped cream - the kind that comes in a
spray container like Reddi-Wip.

I haven't found it again. Very annoying; I'd wondered for years why
they didn't make that, and I only got to buy it once before it disappeared.

Back to whipping cream myself...

--
http://www.ornery-geeks.org/consulting/
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Dec 20, 3:47*pm, Susan > wrote:
> Heck with the carbs, aren't they about 100% transfat?

None of the Coolwhip products contain *ANY* transfats. Where are you
getting your information from?
(see http://www.kraftfoods.com/coolwhip/CoolWhipProducts.htm)
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, Janet Wilder
> wrote:

> Me, too.

Then buy one of these

http://www.isinorthamerica.com/consumer/c_cream.shtml

--
To reply, substitute .com for .invalid in address, i.e., john.101a (at)
*yahoo.com
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Rubaiyat of Omar Bradley wrote:
> On Dec 20, 3:47 pm, Susan > wrote:
>> Heck with the carbs, aren't they about 100% transfat?

> None of the Coolwhip products contain *ANY* transfats. Where are you
> getting your information from?
> (see http://www.kraftfoods.com/coolwhip/CoolWhipProducts.htm)

I don't know how they can say it contains no transfats when the prime
ingredient is hydrogenated vegetable oil?

http://tinyurl.com/25anlx

Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Good Friends. Good Life

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Janet Wilder wrote in message

>The pie won't be refrigerated for a couple of hours. I thought the

Cool
>Whip would work better.

Or you could always stabilize the whipped cream. It lasts a long time
that way. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I don't understand somethink. The label has 0 trans fat?

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
>I was in the grocery yesterday looking at Cool Whip to buy it for a pie I'm
>taking to a pot luck on Christmas Eve. There is Cool Whip, Cool Whip Lite,
>Cool Whip Free and Sugar-free Cool Whip.
>
> Regular, Lite and Free Cool Whip are only 2 gram of carbs per 2 tablespoon
> serving. The sugar-free was 3 grams.
>
> Though I find this amusing, I have to wonder at the lack of awareness in
> the food industry about sugar-free foods. (Don't even get me started on
> the cookbook industry!)
>
> Janet
>
> --
> Janet Wilder
> Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
> Good Friends. Good Life

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Rubaiyat of Omar Bradley" > wrote in message
On Dec 20, 3:47 pm, Susan > wrote:
> Heck with the carbs, aren't they about 100% transfat?

None of the Coolwhip products contain *ANY* transfats. Where are you
getting your information from?
(see http://www.kraftfoods.com/coolwhip/CoolWhipProducts.htm)

Huh? Unless they changed them they are all trans-fats.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Dec 21, 11:13*am, moron > wrote:
> What, exactly, do you think "hydrogenated" means?

The information label for coolwhip states "Trans Fat 0g"

What do you think "0" means?
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Dec 21, 11:26*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> Huh? *Unless they changed them they are all trans-fats.

What is the source of your information?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Dec 22, 9:30 am, Susan > wrote:
> > What is the source of your information?

> THE INGREDIENT LABEL.
>
> "Hydrogenated" and "Partially hydrogenated" = transfats.

Wrong! It is only the PARTIALLY hydrogenated oils that are transfats.
FULLY hydrogenated oils contain NO transfats. The ingredient label
lists NO *PARTIALLY* hydrogenated oils. From http://www.cspinet.org/new/pdf/trans_q_a.pdf

"Q. Are fully hydrogenated oils even worse than partially hydrogenated
oils?
A. No. Surprisingly, fully hydrogenated oils appear to be innocuous.
In the case of fully hydrogenated soybean oil, the hydrogenation
process increases the amount of saturated fat, but most of that fat is
stearic acid. Stearic acid does not raise "bad" (LDL) cholesterol
levels, because the body converts it quickly to monounsaturated oleic
acid (the characteristic fatty acid in olive oil)."
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Rubaiyat of Omar Bradley" > wrote in message
On Dec 21, 11:26 pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> Huh? Unless they changed them they are all trans-fats.

What is the source of your information?

The nutritional label.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Susan wrote:

> In any case, Cool Whip sucks. :-)

IMO, that's the critical bit... real cream is just a bazillion
quadrillion times better.

--
http://www.ornery-geeks.org/consulting/
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Susan wrote in message >...

>In any case, Cool Whip sucks. :-)
>
>Susan

Hear! Hear!

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Jackie Patti > wrote:

> Susan wrote:
>
> > In any case, Cool Whip sucks. :-)

> IMO, that's the critical bit... real cream is just a bazillion
> quadrillion times better.

At *least*! ;-)

Priscilla

cool whip sf[_9_] General Cooking 21 18-01-2015 09:52 PM
cool whip Jen General Cooking 28 17-01-2015 05:18 PM
Cool Whip Frosting Anna[_2_] General Cooking 81 04-01-2008 04:57 PM
Cool Whip and Dream whip Jen General Cooking 26 04-08-2005 02:05 PM
Cool Whip Dee Randall Baking 39 19-01-2004 01:00 AM