Wayne Boatwright

Default Cool Whip

"Dee Randall" > wrote in
:

> I have always just ignored recipes that call for "cool whip."
>
> What exactly is cool whip - what are its uses?
>
> Can you make it yourself from your own ingredients if your recipe
> calls for it?
>
> thanks so much.
>
> Dee

Dee, Cool Whip is a non-dairy whipped topping that is sold frozen in a
plastic tub. Of all the non-dairy toppings I've tasted, it's probably one
of the tastiest, although no equal to real whipped cream.

For many years Cool Whip came in only one variety. Now there is Lite Cool
Whip (fewer calories), Extra Creamy Cool Whip, and even Chocolate Cool
Whip. There may be more varieties than I know of.

HTH
Wayne