JimL

Default Cool Whip

Why all the basshing of Cool Whip? Some things that are imitations,
or substitutions, may not taste the same to the purists, but they
have their place, convenienece of use, and in some cases may actually
be better.

I can take one spoonful of Cool Whip out of the freezer whene I would
not consider making "purist" whipped cream. I can put a dessert
topped with Cool Whip back in the fridge or freexer and have it retain
its shape, whereas cream will dissolve and run all over the place.
etc., etc.

Sometimes it's better, sometimes close to the same, sometimes not.
All in our choices.

Similarly, yesterday I made beans and rice from (heaven forbid!)
canned red beans. No, I didn't soak the dried bag of beans overnight
and cook for hours. So shoot me. I can do the other. But these
tasted just fine for my porpoises.