Old 07-02-2019, 12:53 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner tonight (2/6/19)

Pan seared chuck eye steak. Lightly salted, then let it sit to absorb
and bring out the wonderful taste.

I'll be roasting some cauliflower florets in the oven to go with it.
Lightly steamed first then layered on a sheet pan and lightly brushed
with olive oil, granulated garlic and S&P.

Oh, I'll put some of that granulated garlic on the steak, too.
Cooked to medium rare.

Jill

Old 07-02-2019, 01:07 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/6/2019 6:53 PM, jmcquown wrote:
Pan seared chuck eye steak.* Lightly salted, then let it sit to absorb
and bring out the wonderful taste.

I'll be roasting some cauliflower florets in the oven to go with it.
Lightly steamed first then layered on a sheet pan and lightly brushed
with olive oil, granulated garlic and S&P.

Oh, I'll put some of that granulated garlic on the steak, too.
Cooked to medium rare.

Jill

* We just finished , had baby clams in white wine sauce over spaghetti
with a green salad on the side . Mmmm good , and filling !

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Old 07-02-2019, 02:27 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Pan seared chuck eye steak. Lightly salted, then let it sit to absorb
and bring out the wonderful taste.

I'll be roasting some cauliflower florets in the oven to go with it.
Lightly steamed first then layered on a sheet pan and lightly brushed
with olive oil, granulated garlic and S&P.

Oh, I'll put some of that granulated garlic on the steak, too.
Cooked to medium rare.

Lightly cooked?

WTF did she say Lightly coocked?
Old 07-02-2019, 02:40 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 6 Feb 2019 19:07:07 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 2/6/2019 6:53 PM, jmcquown wrote:
Pan seared chuck eye steak.* Lightly salted, then let it sit to absorb
and bring out the wonderful taste.

I'll be roasting some cauliflower florets in the oven to go with it.
Lightly steamed first then layered on a sheet pan and lightly brushed
with olive oil, granulated garlic and S&P.

Oh, I'll put some of that granulated garlic on the steak, too.
Cooked to medium rare.

Jill

* We just finished , had baby clams in white wine sauce over spaghetti
with a green salad on the side.

There's no such classification as "baby clams"... there are
essentially little neck, cherrystone and chowders... some people
classify clams smore precicely for in between sizes but there is no
classification as 'baby clams". Yoose gots to stay away from yoose
baby bees.
http://www.shoemakerlittlenecks.com/size.html

Old 07-02-2019, 09:05 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Pan seared chuck eye steak. Lightly salted, then let it sit to absorb
and bring out the wonderful taste.

I'll be roasting some cauliflower florets in the oven to go with it.
Lightly steamed first then layered on a sheet pan and lightly brushed
with olive oil, granulated garlic and S&P.

Oh, I'll put some of that granulated garlic on the steak, too.
Cooked to medium rare.

Lightly cooked?

WTF did she say Lightly coocked?

She said lightly steamed.

Old 07-02-2019, 11:15 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 7:53:50 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
Pan seared chuck eye steak. Lightly salted, then let it sit to absorb
and bring out the wonderful taste.

I'll be roasting some cauliflower florets in the oven to go with it.
Lightly steamed first then layered on a sheet pan and lightly brushed
with olive oil, granulated garlic and S&P.

Oh, I'll put some of that granulated garlic on the steak, too.
Cooked to medium rare.

Jill

Pan seared New York strip here, with a garlic and brandy pan sauce.
Vermicelli with butter, basil, and garlic.
Tossed salads with blue cheese dressing for him, balsamic vinaigrette for me.

Beef and garlic. Great minds think alike.

I've had a little pot of basil kicking around the kitchen for a couple
of months. The halogen lights in the range hood seem to be keeping it
going. Gardening. Heh.

Cindy Hamilton
Old 07-02-2019, 02:18 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-07 6:15 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
[...]

We had leftover meatloaf, and it was even better than it had been the
night before. I made some fries in the air fryer, steamed some broccoli
and made up a batch of gravy with the mix I got at Costco (better than
no gravy at all). I sliced the cold meat loaf and heated in up in a
frying pan.

Dinner last night/ dinner tonight U.S. Janet B. General Cooking 17 02-03-2018 01:19 PM
Dinner Tonight Jude General Cooking 0 24-04-2006 11:44 PM
Dinner tonight limey General Cooking 1 23-04-2006 07:59 PM
Tonight's Dinner Damsel General Cooking 24 13-07-2005 10:20 PM