Old 07-02-2019, 09:38 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner tonight (2/6/19)

On 2/7/2019 1:13 PM, tert in seattle wrote:
writes:
On 2/7/2019 11:10 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 10:22:44 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/7/2019 4:06 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
On Wed, 06 Feb 2019 21:27:55 -0500,
wrote:

On Thu, 07 Feb 2019 12:11:05 +1100, Bruce
wrote:

On Wed, 6 Feb 2019 19:53:45 -0500, jmcquown
wrote:

Pan seared chuck eye steak.A Lightly salted, then let it sit to absorb
and bring out the wonderful taste.

I'll be roasting some cauliflower florets in the oven to go with it.
Lightly steamed first then layered on a sheet pan and lightly brushed
with olive oil, granulated garlic and S&P.

Oh, I'll put some of that granulated garlic on the steak, too.
Cooked to medium rare.

Lightly cooked?

WTF did she say Lightly coocked?

The steak was lightly salted, the cauliflower was lightly steamed and
it was lightly brushed. I wondered if the steak was lightly cooked.

I noticed the overuse of the word "lightly".

Right, now we can't use that word for the rest of the month. I'm
waiting for March to use it again.

Hah! Lightly! Lightly! Lightly!

Cindy Hamilton

Now March 21st.

this thread has triggered suppressed childhood memories of violin practice

Lightly Row

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pUugVUxciU

I had no interest as a child in learning a musical instrument. Wish I
had though, especially the violin. Don't know that I'd be good at it
but it looks so enjoyable to make music.

Old 07-02-2019, 09:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/7/2019 1:26 PM, l not -l wrote:
On 6-Feb-2019, Hank Rogers wrote:
Yoose have to take a pic, or Popeye will never believe yoose.

He's from Missouri.

Hey, that's insulting to Missourians. While Kuthe may be a bad seed
Missourian, Sheldon is a bad example of humanity.

Well put.
Old 07-02-2019, 09:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Coombs wrote:
On 2/7/2019 2:28 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:
Just always gotta have the last word eh sheldumb . OK , you got the
last word , I'm always wrong and you're always right . Revel in the
righteousness of yourself , bask in the glory of your own presence . I
humble and abase myself in the glory of your personal responses to my
poor and vain attempts to relate my experiences in the kitchen and in
any other endeavor I undertake , knowing that you will best me in every
case .
And if you'll buy that I've got a bridge for sale cheap . You just
have to try to prove you're better than the rest of us , and it just
ain't so . Your insecurity must be a very heavy load . I do hope that
you are or will seek treatment for this mental shortcoming and can
someday live a normal and productive life . Until then , **** off and
die .

Glad yoose beginning to understand how Popeye works.

Yeah , and he's a stalker of sorts too . Notice how lately he jumps
on everything I post like a duck on a bug ? A little constructive
criticism is one thing , but he seems hell-bent on proving me wrong in
whatever I post . Which is an artifact of his extreme insecurity and a
projection of his self-hatred . I really do hope he seeks help ...

Nice and kindly thoughts man, but Popeye is waay beyond any effective
help. He's been raped by so many women that it has left his psyche in
shreds.

Perhaps the best approach is for you to comply with all his demands, and
simply use the same things he claims are the best in the world ... or at
least don't let on that you actually cheat and use other non "popeye
approved" items.

Example: If he says yoose should **** in your pot of soup for seasoning,
say "Yowsa Popeye". You don't have to actually do it. Just cook your
soup as normal and enjoy it. Popeye will be happy, and go about his
daily snow plowing chores on his big ole tractor, high up in the
catskills at 15,000 feet, when its 50 below zero.

When yoose cut firewood, don't tell Popeye. Tell him that firewood
actually makes your house colder, so yoose have converted to natural gas
or propane, or heating oil.

Old 07-02-2019, 09:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Ever need to get something just out of reach but don't want to drag
out a heavy cumbersome ladder... this is the one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0043X1JBY...0043X1JBY&th=1
I ordered the five footer, at Amazon it costs $10 less than from
Lowe's. I already used it to replace the battery in a high-up wall
clock... will be great for replacing batteries in smoke alarms.
I actually bought it for reaching into deep upper kitchen cabinets...
it's far sturdier than our old step-stool... and I like that it has
something to grab onto from the top step. This is a high quality
product made in the USA:
https://littlegiantladders.com/
https://littlegiantladders.com/ladder/flip-n-lite/
Old 07-02-2019, 09:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

l not -l wrote:
On 6-Feb-2019, Hank Rogers wrote:

Terry Coombs wrote:
On 2/6/2019 8:40 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 6 Feb 2019 19:07:07 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 2/6/2019 6:53 PM, jmcquown wrote:
Pan seared chuck eye steak. Lightly salted, then let it sit to
absorb
and bring out the wonderful taste.

I'll be roasting some cauliflower florets in the oven to go with it.
Lightly steamed first then layered on a sheet pan and lightly brushed
with olive oil, granulated garlic and S&P.

Oh, I'll put some of that granulated garlic on the steak, too.
Cooked to medium rare.

Jill
We just finished , had baby clams in white wine sauce over
spaghetti
with a green salad on the side.
There's no such classification as "baby clams"... there are
essentially little neck, cherrystone and chowders... some people
classify clams smore precicely for in between sizes but there is no
classification as 'baby clams". Yoose gots to stay away from yoose
baby bees.
http://www.shoemakerlittlenecks.com/size.html

Oh **** off . It says on the can "Bumble Bee Premium Select Wild
Fancy Whole BABY CLAMS" . Since I see they've been in business since
1899 I suspect they know what they're talking about . And you obviously
don't .

Yoose have to take a pic, or Popeye will never believe yoose.

He's from Missouri.

Hey, that's insulting to Missourians. While Kuthe may be a bad seed
Missourian, Sheldon is a bad example of humanity.

Sorry, yoose right. It's just an old saying ... the "show me" state. I
think even Truman used it.

Old 07-02-2019, 09:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Jack Granade wrote:
On 2/7/2019 1:26 PM, l not -l wrote:
On 6-Feb-2019, Hank Rogers wrote:
Yoose have to take a pic, or Popeye will never believe yoose.

He's from Missouri.

Hey, that's insulting to Missourians. While Kuthe may be a bad seed
Missourian, Sheldon is a bad example of humanity.

Well put.

Popeye is a bad example of a cockroach.

Old 07-02-2019, 09:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

I can see you now ... cranking out a lively gypsy tune in front of a
crackling campfire.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 07 Feb 2019 16:49:04 -0500, wrote:

Ever need to get something just out of reach but don't want to drag
out a heavy cumbersome ladder... this is the one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0043X1JBY...0043X1JBY&th=1
I ordered the five footer, at Amazon it costs $10 less than from
Lowe's. I already used it to replace the battery in a high-up wall
clock... will be great for replacing batteries in smoke alarms.
I actually bought it for reaching into deep upper kitchen cabinets...
it's far sturdier than our old step-stool... and I like that it has
something to grab onto from the top step. This is a high quality
product made in the USA:
https://littlegiantladders.com/
https://littlegiantladders.com/ladder/flip-n-lite/

Let me summarize: if you need to get something just out of reach,
don't get out a ladder. Instead, get out a ladder!
Old 07-02-2019, 10:18 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
Ever need to get something just out of reach but don't want to drag
out a heavy cumbersome ladder... this is the one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0043X1JBY...0043X1JBY&th=1
I ordered the five footer, at Amazon it costs $10 less than from
Lowe's. I already used it to replace the battery in a high-up wall
clock... will be great for replacing batteries in smoke alarms.
I actually bought it for reaching into deep upper kitchen cabinets...
it's far sturdier than our old step-stool... and I like that it has
something to grab onto from the top step. This is a high quality
product made in the USA:
https://littlegiantladders.com/
https://littlegiantladders.com/ladder/flip-n-lite/

Popeye, yoose would need a ladder to inspect a cockroach's ass.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:18 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 8:20:06 AM UTC-10, tert in seattle wrote:

this thread has triggered suppressed childhood memories of violin practice

Lightly Row

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pUugVUxciU

Well, that's just horrible. Should learning to play an instrument be a stifling, painful, experience? I think not.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:20 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
On Thu, 07 Feb 2019 16:49:04 -0500, wrote:

Ever need to get something just out of reach but don't want to drag
out a heavy cumbersome ladder... this is the one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0043X1JBY...0043X1JBY&th=1
I ordered the five footer, at Amazon it costs $10 less than from
Lowe's. I already used it to replace the battery in a high-up wall
clock... will be great for replacing batteries in smoke alarms.
I actually bought it for reaching into deep upper kitchen cabinets...
it's far sturdier than our old step-stool... and I like that it has
something to grab onto from the top step. This is a high quality
product made in the USA:
https://littlegiantladders.com/
https://littlegiantladders.com/ladder/flip-n-lite/

Let me summarize: if you need to get something just out of reach,
don't get out a ladder. Instead, get out a ladder!

Make a note: Buy this product, or remember to tell Popeye that yoose
have it and love it and it is the best on the planet.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 7 Feb 2019 14:18:44 -0800 (PST), dsi1
wrote:

On Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 8:20:06 AM UTC-10, tert in seattle wrote:

this thread has triggered suppressed childhood memories of violin practice

Lightly Row

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pUugVUxciU

Well, that's just horrible. Should learning to play an instrument be a stifling, painful, experience? I think not.

When I'd have to go to music lesson, I'd lock myself up in the
bathroom, hoping my parents would forget.
Old 08-02-2019, 12:18 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 8:20:06 AM UTC-10, tert in seattle wrote:

this thread has triggered suppressed childhood memories of violin practice

Lightly Row

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pUugVUxciU

Well, that's just horrible. Should learning to play an instrument be a stifling, painful, experience? I think not.

When I'd have to go to music lesson, I'd lock myself up in the
bathroom, hoping my parents would forget.

Popeye has been deftly playing the skin flute for half a century.

He even taught his brother.

For decades, they made music with each others flutes.

Old 08-02-2019, 02:45 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 07 Feb 2019 11:21:02 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 7 Feb 2019 Julie Bove wrote:
"Terresa Coombs" wrote:
On 2/6/2019 penmart01 wrote:
On Wed, 6 Feb 2019 Terresa Coombs wrote:
[...]

*Snort*

Double Snort
Says product of China...
Bumble Bee is passing off some parasite as clams.
https://jet.com/product/Bumble-Bee-P...e6757fa904f04e

This is a product of China!

Submitted 4 months ago
By MTownQD
The clams are fine but the cans are labeled "Product of China". I will
not buy again for this reason. I'm a little disappointed because
Bumble Bee is an American brand but they source their ingredients from
different countries, including China.

Read the Bumble Bee disclaimer...
Consume Bumble Bee products at your peril:
"Product Disclaimer:Product pages contain information provided by
third-party sellers and other content providers. Despite our best
efforts to make sure that information is accurate, we donít guarantee
it, and images, descriptions, specifications, or other attributes may
be incomplete, out of date, unreliable or miscategorized. Before you
buy, use or consume a product, you should always review nutritional,
ingredient and allergen information and any warnings or instructions.
We donít guarantee the accuracy of nutritional labels or any other
information on product packaging."
-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clam
In culinary use, within the eastern coast of the United States and
large swathes of the Maritimes of Canada, the term "clam" most often
refers to the hard clam Mercenaria mercenaria. It may also refer to a
few other common edible species, such as the soft-shell clam, Mya
arenaria and the ocean quahog, Arctica islandica.

In other words Bumble Bee LIES!

That was the worst rebuttal yet to someone challenging one of your
idiotic brain farts. You quoted the Jet disclaimer, not Bumble Bee.
And what was the point of your wiki quote - that clams only come
from the US coast?

A simple "canned clams are TIAD" would have sufficed. They're right
up there with canned shrimp, canned oysters, and canned broccoli.

-sw
Old 08-02-2019, 03:20 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 7 Feb 2019 11:57:10 -0600, Terry Coombs wrote:

* Just always gotta have the last word eh sheldumb . OK , you got the
last word , I'm always wrong and you're always right . Revel in the
righteousness of yourself , bask in the glory of your own presence . I
humble and abase myself in the glory of your personal responses to my
poor and vain attempts to relate my experiences in the kitchen and in
any other endeavor I undertake , knowing that you will best me in every
case .
* And if you'll buy that I've got a bridge for sale cheap . You just
have to try to prove you're better than the rest of us , and it just
ain't so . Your insecurity must be a very heavy load . I do hope that
you are or will seek treatment for this mental shortcoming and can
someday live a normal and productive life . Until then , **** off and die .

You shouldn't feel the need to defend yourself against Sheldon.
We've all been targeted by his irate brain farts and supreme
ignorance of all things kitchen related. The only time you should
feel the need to give pause to rethink your position is when he
agrees with you on something.

History Lesson:

30 years ago here, when people were more refined and polite, Sheldon
was a valued poster. His contributions were much less kooky and
stuck to basic stuff he knew. Even if he shared some of his TIAD,
people still thanked him while other quietly barfed on their
keyboards.

Then about 15-20 years ago he started getting more confident with
his ignorance. He thought he was a God. Wise people had enough
bullshit and started challenging him and he just got obnoxious and
defensive with his unwavering opinions and misinformation even in
the face overwhelming evidence against him (now everybody had Web
access, too). He fell from grace (as he knew it) and is now the
laughing stock of RFC. Now he has to pay Morrow $5/month just to be
his virtual lackey.

ObFood: Most of my food talk and culinary ventures are over on RFC
on Facebook these days. I could cut and paste them, but that feels
like cheating or double dipping. Plus I have to post pictures on a
different site and quote links... nah. Food talk doesn't get much
attention here except the me-me-me's.

-sw

Dinner last night/ dinner tonight U.S. Janet B. General Cooking 17 02-03-2018 01:19 PM
Dinner Tonight Jude General Cooking 0 24-04-2006 11:44 PM
Dinner tonight limey General Cooking 1 23-04-2006 07:59 PM
Tonight's Dinner Damsel General Cooking 24 13-07-2005 10:20 PM