Posted to rec.food.cooking
tert in seattle tert in seattle is offline

Default Dinner tonight (2/6/19)

writes:
>On Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 7:53:50 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
>> Pan seared chuck eye steak. Lightly salted, then let it sit to absorb
>> and bring out the wonderful taste.
>>
>> I'll be roasting some cauliflower florets in the oven to go with it.
>> Lightly steamed first then layered on a sheet pan and lightly brushed
>> with olive oil, granulated garlic and S&P.
>>
>> Oh, I'll put some of that granulated garlic on the steak, too.
>> Cooked to medium rare.
>>
>> Jill

>Pan seared New York strip here, with a garlic and brandy pan sauce.
>Vermicelli with butter, basil, and garlic.
>Tossed salads with blue cheese dressing for him, balsamic vinaigrette for me.
>
>Beef and garlic. Great minds think alike.
>
>I've had a little pot of basil kicking around the kitchen for a couple
>of months. The halogen lights in the range hood seem to be keeping it
>going. Gardening. Heh.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

someone told me she tried pan frying a steak for the first time and
it came out with "too much crust" or something like that - she said
maybe next time she won't get the pan as hot

I don't do this much - me caveman, cook steak with fire - but in my
experience you want the pan blazing hot and don't want to leave the
steak on there for more than a minute on each side

any words of wisdom?