Damsel

Default Tonight's Dinner

Grilled smoked pork chops
Grilled red, yellow & green peppers and onion slices
Au gratin potatoes

We rarely have dessert. I requested brownies last night, but to date, non
have materialized. (I'm trying to get Crash, my great dane, to do some of
the food prep around here)

Carol
Dog3

Damsel > wrote in
:

> Grilled smoked pork chops
> Grilled red, yellow & green peppers and onion slices
> Au gratin potatoes
>
> We rarely have dessert. I requested brownies last night, but to date,
> non have materialized. (I'm trying to get Crash, my great dane, to do
> some of the food prep around here)
>
> Carol

I've got a volunteer meeting tonight so dinner will be quick. Methinks
I'll order Chinese delivery or stop and grab a bite somewhere on the way
home.

Michael
Debbie

Damsel wrote:
>> Grilled smoked pork chops
>> Grilled red, yellow & green peppers and onion slices
>> Au gratin potatoes

It is so hot here this week, a person doen't feel like eating much. Dennis
is to bring us a break tomorrow or Thursday. My dinner was a ceasar salad.

Hope you get your brownies.

Debbie

jmcquown

Damsel wrote:
> Grilled smoked pork chops
> Grilled red, yellow & green peppers and onion slices
> Au gratin potatoes
>
> We rarely have dessert. I requested brownies last night, but to
> date, non have materialized. (I'm trying to get Crash, my great
> dane, to do some of the food prep around here)
>
> Carol

Sounds delicious! What time should I be there? <G>

Jill

LynneA

"Damsel" > wrote in message
> Grilled smoked pork chops
> Grilled red, yellow & green peppers and onion slices
> Au gratin potatoes
>
> We rarely have dessert. I requested brownies last night, but to date, non
> have materialized. (I'm trying to get Crash, my great dane, to do some of
> the food prep around here)
>
> Carol

Here it's grilled or broiled steak (John needs to go get a new gas canister
if he gets home early enough) Half head of lettuce with french dressing.
Maybe some rice for everyone else-I can live without it. Maybe a half cup
of low carb rocky road icecream later. Truly boring<GG>

Lynne A

Puester

Damsel wrote:
> Grilled smoked pork chops
> Grilled red, yellow & green peppers and onion slices
> Au gratin potatoes
>
> We rarely have dessert. I requested brownies last night, but to date, non
> have materialized. (I'm trying to get Crash, my great dane, to do some of
> the food prep around here)
>
> Carol

Shouldn't that be great Dane?

gloria p
Damsel

"Debbie" > said:

> Damsel wrote:
> >> Grilled smoked pork chops
> >> Grilled red, yellow & green peppers and onion slices
> >> Au gratin potatoes
> >>

> It is so hot here this week, a person doen't feel like eating much. Dennis
> is to bring us a break tomorrow or Thursday. My dinner was a ceasar salad.

I'm going to have a salad instead of making the au gratins. You're right.
It's just too nasty out there to contemplate heating up the kitchen.

> Hope you get your brownies.

I think they'll just have to wait. I'm considering a trip to the store for
Watergate Salad ingredients. The salad is no work at all, and it's cool
and yummy.

Carol
-L.

Damsel wrote:
> Grilled smoked pork chops
> Grilled red, yellow & green peppers and onion slices
> Au gratin potatoes
>
> We rarely have dessert. I requested brownies last night, but to date, non
> have materialized. (I'm trying to get Crash, my great dane, to do some of
> the food prep around here)
>
> Carol

yum!

grilled chicken quarters (bbq sauce made from scratch)
patio potatoes (foil packets with potatoes, garlic, onions and peppers,
grilled)
Sauteed cabbage
garlic bread
Denali Extreme Moose tracks ice cream

Essy but tasty!

-L.

Damsel

"jmcquown" > said:

> Damsel wrote:
> > Grilled smoked pork chops
> > Grilled red, yellow & green peppers and onion slices
> > Au gratin potatoes
> >
> > We rarely have dessert. I requested brownies last night, but to
> > date, non have materialized. (I'm trying to get Crash, my great
> > dane, to do some of the food prep around here)

> Sounds delicious! What time should I be there? <G>

Heehee! You'll have to make it fast. Crash isn't eating yet. You might
be able to grab his (his *dinner*). <G>

Carol
Damsel

Puester > said:

> Damsel wrote:
> > Grilled smoked pork chops
> > Grilled red, yellow & green peppers and onion slices
> > Au gratin potatoes
> >
> > We rarely have dessert. I requested brownies last night, but to date, non
> > have materialized. (I'm trying to get Crash, my great dane, to do some of
> > the food prep around here)

> Shouldn't that be great Dane?

LOL! He's not Danish. I was referring back to another thread where
someone speculated that Crash may have been a poodle.

Carol

Damsel

"-L." > said:

> grilled chicken quarters (bbq sauce made from scratch)

I have a wonderful barbecue sauce recipe from the low-carb group (recipe
follows).

> patio potatoes (foil packets with potatoes, garlic, onions and peppers,
> grilled)

I'll do this the next time. I lost nearly half of my pepper slices.
Thanks for the tip!

> Sauteed cabbage

I could have done that, too! Tomorrow for sure.

> garlic bread

A personal favorite of Crash's. I should get some for when I grill
spaghetti (family joke - I used to grill so often that my daughter often
expressed her fear that she'd be served spaghetti with grill marks on it).

> Denali Extreme Moose tracks ice cream

I'm positive that we don't get that brand here, so it's probably safe for
you to tell what's in it.

> Essy but tasty!

That's the best kinda meal!

(I agree with your assessment of that other situation)

Carol
Damsel

Damsel > said:

> "-L." > said:
>
> > grilled chicken quarters (bbq sauce made from scratch)

> I have a wonderful barbecue sauce recipe from the low-carb group (recipe
> follows).

OOPS ....

* Exported from MasterCook *

Jenny's Indispensable Almost No Carb Barbecue Sauce

Recipe By :Jenny the Bean (asdlc), modified slightly by Damsel
Serving Size : 27 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : condiments

2 tablespoons Splendaź granular -- (18 drops liquid)
1 dash cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum -- optional
1 1/2 tablespoons yellow mustard
15 ounces tomato sauce -- plain
6 tablespoons vinegar
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3/4 tablespoon Frank's Hot Sauce
3/4 tablespoon salt -- optional
1 1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring

Place Splenda and cayenne pepper into a medium sauce pan. Add xanthan gum,
if you choose to thicken the sauce. Blend mustard into dry ingredients.
Slowly blend in the tomato sauce. Stir in the rest of the ingredients.

Bring to a boil, then lower heat. Let simmer for a few minutes. Let cool,
then refrigerate.

Note: this sauce will taste a bit peculiar if you taste it when it is still
hot. Don't worry! Something magical happens when it sits in the fridge.

Carbohydrates per Serving (1 tablespoon): Less than 1 gram. Half an ounce
is 1 gm carbs, 6 calories.

Source:
""http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/""
Yield:
"1 2/3 cups"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : This isn't a substitute for the "real thing," it's an improvement.
It's so good the rest of the family gobbles it up and I have to keep making
more.
sf

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:20:28 -0400, Debbie wrote:

> It is so hot here this week, a person doen't feel like eating much.

I'm not complaining about the weather yet because it's not August....
but in a couple of weeks I'll send my cool weather vibes your way with
a lot of gusto.

sf

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:16:04 -0500, Damsel wrote:

> Watergate Salad ingredients

???? what's that? I know about Eisenhower salad...
Damsel

sf > said:

> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:16:04 -0500, Damsel wrote:
>
> > Watergate Salad ingredients

> ???? what's that? I know about Eisenhower salad...

A bunch of no-class ingredients, combined to make a very yummy, cool salad.
Sandra Lee would love this recipe! LOL!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Watergate Salad

Recipe By amsel in dis Dress
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:15
Categories : comfort foods desserts
salads/dressings

1 package instant pistachio pudding mix -- 4 serving size
20 ounces crushed pineapple in juice
1/3 cup maraschino cherries -- quartered
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1 3/4 cups Cool Whip -- thawed

Stir pudding mix, pineapple with juice, marshmallows and nuts in large bowl
until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping.

Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Debbie

sf wrote:
>> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:20:28 -0400, Debbie wrote:
>>
>>> It is so hot here this week, a person doen't feel like eating much.
>>>

>> I'm not complaining about the weather yet because it's not August....
>> but in a couple of weeks I'll send my cool weather vibes your way
>> with a lot of gusto.

Thanks. I'm not complaining either.. just eating cool foods. Winter will
be here all too soon, :-)

Debbie

sf

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:22:59 -0500, Damsel wrote:

> Puester > said:
>
> > Damsel wrote:
> > > Grilled smoked pork chops
> > > Grilled red, yellow & green peppers and onion slices
> > > Au gratin potatoes
> > >
> > > We rarely have dessert. I requested brownies last night, but to date, non
> > > have materialized. (I'm trying to get Crash, my great dane, to do some of
> > > the food prep around here)

> > Shouldn't that be great Dane?

> LOL! He's not Danish. I was referring back to another thread where
> someone speculated that Crash may have been a poodle.

You don't groom him?
Damsel

sf > said:

> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:22:59 -0500, Damsel wrote:
>
> > Puester > said:

> > > Shouldn't that be great Dane?

> > LOL! He's not Danish. I was referring back to another thread where
> > someone speculated that Crash may have been a poodle.
> >

> You don't groom him?

Only in the privacy of our own home.

Carol
-L.

Damsel wrote:
> "-L." > said:
>
> > grilled chicken quarters (bbq sauce made from scratch)

> I have a wonderful barbecue sauce recipe from the low-carb group (recipe
> follows).

Thanks for posting. I don't do low-carb, but have many friends who do.

<snip>

> > Denali Extreme Moose tracks ice cream

> I'm positive that we don't get that brand here, so it's probably safe for
> you to tell what's in it.

Oh, it's awesome, if you like dark chocolate. It's dark chocolate ice
cream, chocolate fudge filled mini cups and ribbons of dark chocolate
fudge. I like all of their other flavors as well - especially Bear
Claw. http://www.moosetracks.com (requires flash).

I am not a chocolate lover but I like ice cream - especially dark
chocolate. I wish the stores here carried more of their flavors.

-L.

sf

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 23:15:06 -0500, Damsel wrote:

> sf > said:
>
> > On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:16:04 -0500, Damsel wrote:
> >
> > > Watergate Salad ingredients

> > ???? what's that? I know about Eisenhower salad...

> A bunch of no-class ingredients, combined to make a very yummy, cool salad.
> Sandra Lee would love this recipe! LOL!

I'm sure she would!

> Watergate Salad

I have to make that Eisenhower salad soon and give you the recipe...
it's very close to this. Jello, not pudding. Cottage cheese (not as
gross as you'd think) instead of Cool Whip... no cherries.

thanks

Damsel

sf > said:

> I have to make that Eisenhower salad soon and give you the recipe...
> it's very close to this. Jello, not pudding. Cottage cheese (not as
> gross as you'd think) instead of Cool Whip... no cherries.

I have an aversion to all things lime. Except certain Jell-O salads. I
like lime Jell-O with cottage cheese! Bring the recipe on!

Carol, who was born during the Eisenhower administration
Nancy Young

"Damsel" > wrote
> sf > said:

>> You don't groom him?

> Only in the privacy of our own home.

Reminds me of gorillas picking bugs out of each other's
fur and eating them.

(laugh) nancy

Damsel

"Nancy Young" > said:

> "Damsel" > wrote
> > sf > said:

> >> You don't groom him?

> > Only in the privacy of our own home.

> Reminds me of gorillas picking bugs out of each other's
> fur and eating them.
>
> (laugh) nancy

Shhhh! Now *everyone* will want some!

Carol
sf

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 02:48:47 -0500, Damsel wrote:

> sf > said:
>
> > I have to make that Eisenhower salad soon and give you the recipe...
> > it's very close to this. Jello, not pudding. Cottage cheese (not as
> > gross as you'd think) instead of Cool Whip... no cherries.

> I have an aversion to all things lime. Except certain Jell-O salads. I
> like lime Jell-O with cottage cheese! Bring the recipe on!

I forgot about the mayonaise.

> Carol, who was born during the Eisenhower administration

Were you were spared all the dopey songs and slogans they had in those
days... "I Like Ike"?

Eisenhower Salad

1 (16 oz.) carton cottage cheese -
*SIL insists it's best with large curd, but I use small*
2 C mayonnaise
1 med can crushed pineapple, drained
1 C chopped walnuts
1 pkg (sm) lemon jello
2 pkg (sm) lime jello
1 C hot water
1 1/2 C cold water

Dissolve all the jello in 1 cup of hot water, and then add 1 1/2 cups
cold water. Stir in cottage cheese and mayonnaise. Add drained
pineapple and chopped walnuts, mixing thoroughly. Pour into a 9 x 13
inch pan if you're planning to cut it into squares.

When partially set, stir again to suspend all pieces of pineapple and
walnut. Chill until set.

Monsur Fromage du Pollet

sf wrote on 12 Jul 2005 in rec.food.cooking

> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:20:28 -0400, Debbie wrote:
>
> > It is so hot here this week, a person doen't feel like eating
> > much.
> >

> I'm not complaining about the weather yet because it's not
> August.... but in a couple of weeks I'll send my cool weather
> vibes your way with a lot of gusto.

Tonight it is too Hot outside to BBQ. So I'm hiding in the A/C house
and convection oven cooking some chicken legs for supper. The
legs&thighs will have a spinach side salad.

--
It's not a question of where he grips it!
It's a simple question of weight ratios!

A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?