General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #46 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-02-2019, 04:20 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 980
Default Dinner tonight (2/6/19)

On Thu, 7 Feb 2019 11:57:10 -0600, Terry Coombs wrote:

* Just always gotta have the last word eh sheldumb . OK , you got the
last word , I'm always wrong and you're always right . Revel in the
righteousness of yourself , bask in the glory of your own presence . I
humble and abase myself in the glory of your personal responses to my
poor and vain attempts to relate my experiences in the kitchen and in
any other endeavor I undertake , knowing that you will best me in every
case .
* And if you'll buy that I've got a bridge for sale cheap . You just
have to try to prove you're better than the rest of us , and it just
ain't so . Your insecurity must be a very heavy load . I do hope that
you are or will seek treatment for this mental shortcoming and can
someday live a normal and productive life . Until then , **** off and die .


You shouldn't feel the need to defend yourself against Sheldon.
We've all been targeted by his irate brain farts and supreme
ignorance of all things kitchen related. The only time you should
feel the need to give pause to rethink your position is when he
agrees with you on something.

History Lesson:

30 years ago here, when people were more refined and polite, Sheldon
was a valued poster. His contributions were much less kooky and
stuck to basic stuff he knew. Even if he shared some of his TIAD,
people still thanked him while other quietly barfed on their
keyboards.

Then about 15-20 years ago he started getting more confident with
his ignorance. He thought he was a God. Wise people had enough
bullshit and started challenging him and he just got obnoxious and
defensive with his unwavering opinions and misinformation even in
the face overwhelming evidence against him (now everybody had Web
access, too). He fell from grace (as he knew it) and is now the
laughing stock of RFC. Now he has to pay Morrow $5/month just to be
his virtual lackey.

ObFood: Most of my food talk and culinary ventures are over on RFC
on Facebook these days. I could cut and paste them, but that feels
like cheating or double dipping. Plus I have to post pictures on a
different site and quote links... nah. Food talk doesn't get much
attention here except the me-me-me's.

-sw

  #47 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-02-2019, 05:40 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 46
Default Dinner tonight (2/6/19)

On 2/7/2019 4:52 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
Jack Granade wrote:
On 2/7/2019 1:26 PM, l not -l wrote:
On¬* 6-Feb-2019, Hank Rogers wrote:
Yoose have to take a pic, or Popeye will never believe yoose.

He's from Missouri.
Hey, that's insulting to Missourians.¬* While Kuthe may be a bad seed
Missourian, Sheldon is a bad example of humanity.

Well put.


Popeye is a bad example of a cockroach.


He has a cockroach farm outside his window, amongst'
the bones and cartilage pile.

Ass gas or grass, nobody rides for free.

  #48 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-02-2019, 05:42 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 46
Default Dinner tonight (2/6/19)

On 2/7/2019 5:18 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
wrote:
Ever need to get something just out of reach but don't want to drag
out a heavy cumbersome ladder... this is the one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0043X1JBY...0043X1JBY&th=1

I ordered the five footer, at Amazon it costs $10 less than from
Lowe's.¬* I already used it to replace the battery in a high-up wall
clock... will be great for replacing batteries in smoke alarms.
I actually bought it for reaching into deep upper kitchen cabinets...
it's far sturdier than our old step-stool... and I like that it has
something to grab onto from the top step.¬* This is a high quality
product made in the USA:
https://littlegiantladders.com/
https://littlegiantladders.com/ladder/flip-n-lite/


Popeye, yoose would need a ladder to inspect a cockroach's ass.


Inspector Shelly.
  #49 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-02-2019, 06:01 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 43,555
Default Dinner tonight (2/6/19)


"Gary" wrote in message ...
Julie Bove wrote:

Bruce wrote:

jmcquown wrote:

Pan seared chuck eye steak. Lightly salted, then let it sit to absorb
and bring out the wonderful taste.

I'll be roasting some cauliflower florets in the oven to go with it.
Lightly steamed first then layered on a sheet pan and lightly brushed
with olive oil, granulated garlic and S&P.

Oh, I'll put some of that granulated garlic on the steak, too.
Cooked to medium rare.

Lightly cooked?

WTF did she say Lightly coocked?


She said lightly steamed.


People are a bit slow here. Read again above.
In one post about her dinner, Jill said:
- lightly salted
- lightly steamed
- lightly brushed with olive oil

Bruce was teasing her about "lightly" everything.
Nice day there in SC -
I'm surprised she didn't lightly grill her steak.

;-D


I did notice the overuse of the word "lightly".

  #50 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-02-2019, 06:27 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 43,555
Default Dinner tonight (2/6/19)


"tert in seattle" wrote in message
...
writes:
On 2/7/2019 11:10 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 10:22:44 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/7/2019 4:06 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
...
On Wed, 06 Feb 2019 21:27:55 -0500,
wrote:

On Thu, 07 Feb 2019 12:11:05 +1100, Bruce
wrote:

On Wed, 6 Feb 2019 19:53:45 -0500, jmcquown
wrote:

Pan seared chuck eye steak.A Lightly salted, then let it sit to
absorb
and bring out the wonderful taste.

I'll be roasting some cauliflower florets in the oven to go with
it.
Lightly steamed first then layered on a sheet pan and lightly
brushed
with olive oil, granulated garlic and S&P.

Oh, I'll put some of that granulated garlic on the steak, too.
Cooked to medium rare.

Lightly cooked?

WTF did she say Lightly coocked?

The steak was lightly salted, the cauliflower was lightly steamed and
it was lightly brushed. I wondered if the steak was lightly cooked.

I noticed the overuse of the word "lightly".

Right, now we can't use that word for the rest of the month. I'm
waiting for March to use it again.

Hah! Lightly! Lightly! Lightly!

Cindy Hamilton

Now March 21st.



this thread has triggered suppressed childhood memories of violin practice


Lightly Row

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pUugVUxciU


I played that too. My friend played piano and her sheet music with that song
was called Tuna Fish. The words were, "Tuna fish, tuna fish. Oh how we love
tuna fish! Tuna fish, tuna fish, that's our favorite dish!"



  #51 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-02-2019, 06:33 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 43,555
Default Dinner tonight (2/6/19)


"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
...
On 2/7/2019 1:13 PM, tert in seattle wrote:
writes:
On 2/7/2019 11:10 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 10:22:44 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/7/2019 4:06 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
...
On Wed, 06 Feb 2019 21:27:55 -0500,
wrote:

On Thu, 07 Feb 2019 12:11:05 +1100, Bruce
wrote:

On Wed, 6 Feb 2019 19:53:45 -0500, jmcquown

wrote:

Pan seared chuck eye steak.A Lightly salted, then let it sit to
absorb
and bring out the wonderful taste.

I'll be roasting some cauliflower florets in the oven to go with
it.
Lightly steamed first then layered on a sheet pan and lightly
brushed
with olive oil, granulated garlic and S&P.

Oh, I'll put some of that granulated garlic on the steak, too.
Cooked to medium rare.

Lightly cooked?

WTF did she say Lightly coocked?

The steak was lightly salted, the cauliflower was lightly steamed
and
it was lightly brushed. I wondered if the steak was lightly cooked.

I noticed the overuse of the word "lightly".

Right, now we can't use that word for the rest of the month. I'm
waiting for March to use it again.

Hah! Lightly! Lightly! Lightly!

Cindy Hamilton

Now March 21st.



this thread has triggered suppressed childhood memories of violin
practice


Lightly Row

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pUugVUxciU


I had no interest as a child in learning a musical instrument. Wish I had
though, especially the violin. Don't know that I'd be good at it but it
looks so enjoyable to make music.


I played it and was good at it but that kind of music isn't really my style.

  #52 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-02-2019, 11:24 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,565
Default Dinner tonight (2/6/19)


On 8-Feb-2019, Pamela wrote:

On 03:20 8 Feb 2019, Sqwertz wrote:

On Thu, 7 Feb 2019 11:57:10 -0600, Terry Coombs wrote:

* Just always gotta have the last word eh sheldumb . OK , you got the
last word , I'm always wrong and you're always right . Revel in the
righteousness of yourself , bask in the glory of your own presence . I
humble and abase myself in the glory of your personal responses to my
poor and vain attempts to relate my experiences in the kitchen and in
any other endeavor I undertake , knowing that you will best me in
every case .
* And if you'll buy that I've got a bridge for sale cheap . You just
have to try to prove you're better than the rest of us , and it just
ain't so . Your insecurity must be a very heavy load . I do hope that
you are or will seek treatment for this mental shortcoming and can
someday live a normal and productive life . Until then , **** off and
die .


You shouldn't feel the need to defend yourself against Sheldon.
We've all been targeted by his irate brain farts and supreme
ignorance of all things kitchen related. The only time you should
feel the need to give pause to rethink your position is when he
agrees with you on something.

History Lesson:

30 years ago here, when people were more refined and polite,


Wow, that's a long time. Do some people here now, really go back 30
years?

I remember Sheldon from very far back, maybe 25+ years, first on AOL then
usenet, in fountain pen related topics. There, he was always as ridiculous
as he is now; perhaps less vile curse words, but just as mean/nasty, and
wrong. As I recall, he had to keep changing nyms on aol because he kept
getting banned from groups.

--
Change cujo to juno for valid email address.
  #53 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-02-2019, 01:04 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 680
Default Dinner tonight (2/6/19)

On 03:20 8 Feb 2019, Sqwertz wrote:

On Thu, 7 Feb 2019 11:57:10 -0600, Terry Coombs wrote:

* Just always gotta have the last word eh sheldumb . OK , you got the
last word , I'm always wrong and you're always right . Revel in the
righteousness of yourself , bask in the glory of your own presence . I
humble and abase myself in the glory of your personal responses to my
poor and vain attempts to relate my experiences in the kitchen and in
any other endeavor I undertake , knowing that you will best me in
every case .
* And if you'll buy that I've got a bridge for sale cheap . You just
have to try to prove you're better than the rest of us , and it just
ain't so . Your insecurity must be a very heavy load . I do hope that
you are or will seek treatment for this mental shortcoming and can
someday live a normal and productive life . Until then , **** off and
die .


You shouldn't feel the need to defend yourself against Sheldon.
We've all been targeted by his irate brain farts and supreme
ignorance of all things kitchen related. The only time you should
feel the need to give pause to rethink your position is when he
agrees with you on something.

History Lesson:

30 years ago here, when people were more refined and polite,


Wow, that's a long time. Do some people here now, really go back 30 years?

Sheldon
was a valued poster. His contributions were much less kooky and
stuck to basic stuff he knew. Even if he shared some of his TIAD,
people still thanked him while other quietly barfed on their
keyboards.

Then about 15-20 years ago he started getting more confident with
his ignorance. He thought he was a God. Wise people had enough
bullshit and started challenging him and he just got obnoxious and
defensive with his unwavering opinions and misinformation even in
the face overwhelming evidence against him (now everybody had Web
access, too). He fell from grace (as he knew it) and is now the
laughing stock of RFC. Now he has to pay Morrow $5/month just to be
his virtual lackey.


A payment of $5 a month?

  #54 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-02-2019, 04:04 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 980
Default Dinner tonight (2/6/19)

On Thu, 7 Feb 2019 18:26:34 GMT, l not -l wrote:

Hey, that's insulting to Missourians. While Kuthe may be a bad seed
Missourian, Sheldon is a bad example of humanity.


When I heard about that Russian roulette thing, I immediately
thought of Kuthe and that everybody in Missouri must be crazy nuts.

-sw
  #55 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-02-2019, 04:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 30,844
Default Dinner tonight (2/6/19)

On 2019-02-08 12:01 a.m., Julie Bove wrote:

"Gary" wrote in message

Bruce was teasing her about "lightly" everything.
Nice day there in SC -
I'm surprised she didn't lightly grill her steak.

¬*;-D


I did notice the overuse of the word "lightly".


How very nice of you to critique Jill's posts. If only you could find
someone to edit yours to ensure continuity of your stories.


  #56 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-02-2019, 04:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 30,844
Default Dinner tonight (2/6/19)

On 2019-02-07 4:38 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I had no interest as a child in learning a musical instrument.¬* Wish I
had though, especially the violin.¬* Don't know that I'd be good at it
but it looks so enjoyable to make music.


I took guitar lessons when I was 13 and did well at them but I gave them
up when I went to high school because I had signed up for instrumental
music. We moved at the end of the first term and it was not available at
the closest high school in the new city. I had to go downtown. I learned
on the first day how far behind my old classes were. I had just been
assigned to play the clarinet at the end of the term at the old school.
And this class was way into the music book. Then I got my marks from the
old school and had failed music. I got back into guitar years later,
took some more lessons. I also taught myself to play banjo, piano and
recorder. Not bad for someone who had failed music.
  #57 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-02-2019, 06:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 4,036
Default Dinner tonight (2/6/19)

On Fri, 08 Feb 2019 12:04:44 GMT, Pamela
wrote:

On 03:20 8 Feb 2019, Sqwertz wrote:


snip
History Lesson:

30 years ago here, when people were more refined and polite,


Wow, that's a long time. Do some people here now, really go back 30 years?


yes
  #58 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-02-2019, 07:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 9,715
Default Dinner tonight (2/6/19)

On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 10:33:06 -0500, Dave Smith
wrote:

On 2019-02-08 12:01 a.m., Julie Bove wrote:

"Gary" wrote in message

Bruce was teasing her about "lightly" everything.
Nice day there in SC -
I'm surprised she didn't lightly grill her steak.

*;-D


I did notice the overuse of the word "lightly".


How very nice of you to critique Jill's posts. If only you could find
someone to edit yours to ensure continuity of your stories.


Dave should bundle his rfc posts and sell them. They would be a big
hit among insomniacs.
  #59 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-02-2019, 07:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,565
Default Dinner tonight (2/6/19)


On 8-Feb-2019, Sqwertz wrote:

On Thu, 7 Feb 2019 18:26:34 GMT, l not -l wrote:

Hey, that's insulting to Missourians. While Kuthe may be a bad seed
Missourian, Sheldon is a bad example of humanity.


When I heard about that Russian roulette thing, I immediately
thought of Kuthe and that everybody in Missouri must be crazy nuts.

In the 70s, I worked in IT for the MO Department of Mental Health. An
ultra-liberal faction in the state decided that it was cruel to house the
mentally ill in Mental Health facilities and "set them free", except those
who did the most heinous of crimes. Not all in Missouri are crazy nuts;
but, those who are, sadly, are free-range. Free-range nuts always demand
and find ways to grab attention.

OTOH, most states have their own brand of "nuts", who also demand and grab
attention in many ways.

It's always the oddballs that get the most attention; normal people are,
well, normal, doing little out of the ordinary to et attention.

--
Change cujo to juno for valid email address.
  #60 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-02-2019, 07:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,550
Default Dinner tonight (2/6/19)

writes:

"tert in seattle" wrote in message
...
writes:
On 2/7/2019 11:10 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 10:22:44 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/7/2019 4:06 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
...
On Wed, 06 Feb 2019 21:27:55 -0500,
wrote:

On Thu, 07 Feb 2019 12:11:05 +1100, Bruce
wrote:

On Wed, 6 Feb 2019 19:53:45 -0500, jmcquown
wrote:

Pan seared chuck eye steak.A Lightly salted, then let it sit to
absorb
and bring out the wonderful taste.

I'll be roasting some cauliflower florets in the oven to go with
it.
Lightly steamed first then layered on a sheet pan and lightly
brushed
with olive oil, granulated garlic and S&P.

Oh, I'll put some of that granulated garlic on the steak, too.
Cooked to medium rare.

Lightly cooked?

WTF did she say Lightly coocked?

The steak was lightly salted, the cauliflower was lightly steamed and
it was lightly brushed. I wondered if the steak was lightly cooked.

I noticed the overuse of the word "lightly".

Right, now we can't use that word for the rest of the month. I'm
waiting for March to use it again.

Hah! Lightly! Lightly! Lightly!

Cindy Hamilton

Now March 21st.



this thread has triggered suppressed childhood memories of violin practice


Lightly Row

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pUugVUxciU


I played that too. My friend played piano and her sheet music with that song
was called Tuna Fish. The words were, "Tuna fish, tuna fish. Oh how we love
tuna fish! Tuna fish, tuna fish, that's our favorite dish!"


when we did 16th notes it was "Mississippi is a river, Mississippi is a
river, Mississippi is a river, Mississippi is a river..." to the tune
of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

https://suzukiassociation.org/about/suzuki-method/



Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dinner last night/ dinner tonight U.S. Janet B. General Cooking 17 02-03-2018 02:19 PM
Last nights dinner - vegetable soup... tonight's dinner - vegetable stew! Karen AKA Kajikit General Cooking 11 18-04-2007 07:00 PM
Dinner Tonight Jude General Cooking 0 24-04-2006 11:44 PM
Dinner tonight limey General Cooking 1 23-04-2006 07:59 PM
Tonight's Dinner Damsel General Cooking 24 13-07-2005 10:20 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2019 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017