Old 08-02-2019, 04:40 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner tonight (2/6/19)

On 2/7/2019 4:52 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
Jack Granade wrote:
On 2/7/2019 1:26 PM, l not -l wrote:
On¬* 6-Feb-2019, Hank Rogers wrote:
Yoose have to take a pic, or Popeye will never believe yoose.

He's from Missouri.
Hey, that's insulting to Missourians.¬* While Kuthe may be a bad seed
Missourian, Sheldon is a bad example of humanity.

Well put.

Popeye is a bad example of a cockroach.

He has a cockroach farm outside his window, amongst'
the bones and cartilage pile.

Ass gas or grass, nobody rides for free.

Old 08-02-2019, 04:42 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/7/2019 5:18 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
wrote:
Ever need to get something just out of reach but don't want to drag
out a heavy cumbersome ladder... this is the one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0043X1JBY...0043X1JBY&th=1

I ordered the five footer, at Amazon it costs $10 less than from
Lowe's.¬* I already used it to replace the battery in a high-up wall
clock... will be great for replacing batteries in smoke alarms.
I actually bought it for reaching into deep upper kitchen cabinets...
it's far sturdier than our old step-stool... and I like that it has
something to grab onto from the top step.¬* This is a high quality
product made in the USA:
https://littlegiantladders.com/
https://littlegiantladders.com/ladder/flip-n-lite/

Popeye, yoose would need a ladder to inspect a cockroach's ass.

Inspector Shelly.
Old 08-02-2019, 05:01 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...
Julie Bove wrote:

Bruce wrote:

jmcquown wrote:

Pan seared chuck eye steak. Lightly salted, then let it sit to absorb
and bring out the wonderful taste.

I'll be roasting some cauliflower florets in the oven to go with it.
Lightly steamed first then layered on a sheet pan and lightly brushed
with olive oil, granulated garlic and S&P.

Oh, I'll put some of that granulated garlic on the steak, too.
Cooked to medium rare.

Lightly cooked?

WTF did she say Lightly coocked?

She said lightly steamed.

People are a bit slow here. Read again above.
In one post about her dinner, Jill said:
- lightly salted
- lightly steamed
- lightly brushed with olive oil

Bruce was teasing her about "lightly" everything.
Nice day there in SC -
I'm surprised she didn't lightly grill her steak.

;-D

I did notice the overuse of the word "lightly".

Old 08-02-2019, 05:27 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"tert in seattle" wrote in message
writes:
On 2/7/2019 11:10 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 10:22:44 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/7/2019 4:06 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
On Wed, 06 Feb 2019 21:27:55 -0500,
wrote:

On Thu, 07 Feb 2019 12:11:05 +1100, Bruce
wrote:

On Wed, 6 Feb 2019 19:53:45 -0500, jmcquown
wrote:

Pan seared chuck eye steak.A Lightly salted, then let it sit to
absorb
and bring out the wonderful taste.

I'll be roasting some cauliflower florets in the oven to go with
it.
Lightly steamed first then layered on a sheet pan and lightly
brushed
with olive oil, granulated garlic and S&P.

Oh, I'll put some of that granulated garlic on the steak, too.
Cooked to medium rare.

Lightly cooked?

WTF did she say Lightly coocked?

The steak was lightly salted, the cauliflower was lightly steamed and
it was lightly brushed. I wondered if the steak was lightly cooked.

I noticed the overuse of the word "lightly".

Right, now we can't use that word for the rest of the month. I'm
waiting for March to use it again.

Hah! Lightly! Lightly! Lightly!

Cindy Hamilton

Now March 21st.

this thread has triggered suppressed childhood memories of violin practice

Lightly Row

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pUugVUxciU

I played that too. My friend played piano and her sheet music with that song
was called Tuna Fish. The words were, "Tuna fish, tuna fish. Oh how we love
tuna fish! Tuna fish, tuna fish, that's our favorite dish!"

Old 08-02-2019, 05:33 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

I had no interest as a child in learning a musical instrument. Wish I had
though, especially the violin. Don't know that I'd be good at it but it
looks so enjoyable to make music.

I played it and was good at it but that kind of music isn't really my style.

Old 08-02-2019, 03:04 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 7 Feb 2019 18:26:34 GMT, l not -l wrote:

Hey, that's insulting to Missourians. While Kuthe may be a bad seed
Missourian, Sheldon is a bad example of humanity.

When I heard about that Russian roulette thing, I immediately
thought of Kuthe and that everybody in Missouri must be crazy nuts.

-sw
Old 08-02-2019, 03:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-08 12:01 a.m., Julie Bove wrote:

"Gary" wrote in message

Bruce was teasing her about "lightly" everything.
Nice day there in SC -
I'm surprised she didn't lightly grill her steak.

¬*;-D

I did notice the overuse of the word "lightly".

How very nice of you to critique Jill's posts. If only you could find
someone to edit yours to ensure continuity of your stories.
Old 08-02-2019, 03:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-07 4:38 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I had no interest as a child in learning a musical instrument.¬* Wish I
had though, especially the violin.¬* Don't know that I'd be good at it
but it looks so enjoyable to make music.

I took guitar lessons when I was 13 and did well at them but I gave them
up when I went to high school because I had signed up for instrumental
music. We moved at the end of the first term and it was not available at
the closest high school in the new city. I had to go downtown. I learned
on the first day how far behind my old classes were. I had just been
assigned to play the clarinet at the end of the term at the old school.
And this class was way into the music book. Then I got my marks from the
old school and had failed music. I got back into guitar years later,
took some more lessons. I also taught myself to play banjo, piano and
recorder. Not bad for someone who had failed music.
Old 08-02-2019, 05:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 08 Feb 2019 12:04:44 GMT, Pamela
wrote:

On 03:20 8 Feb 2019, Sqwertz wrote:

snip
History Lesson:

30 years ago here, when people were more refined and polite,

Wow, that's a long time. Do some people here now, really go back 30 years?

yes
Old 08-02-2019, 06:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 10:33:06 -0500, Dave Smith

On 2019-02-08 12:01 a.m., Julie Bove wrote:

"Gary" wrote in message

Bruce was teasing her about "lightly" everything.
Nice day there in SC -
I'm surprised she didn't lightly grill her steak.

*;-D

I did notice the overuse of the word "lightly".

How very nice of you to critique Jill's posts. If only you could find
someone to edit yours to ensure continuity of your stories.

Dave should bundle his rfc posts and sell them. They would be a big
hit among insomniacs.

Old 08-02-2019, 06:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

when we did 16th notes it was "Mississippi is a river, Mississippi is a
river, Mississippi is a river, Mississippi is a river..." to the tune
of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

https://suzukiassociation.org/about/suzuki-method/

Old 10-02-2019, 12:44 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Coombs wrote:

¬* Just always gotta have the last word eh sheldumb . OK , you got the
last word , I'm always wrong and you're always right . Revel in the
righteousness of yourself , bask in the glory of your own presence .
I humble and abase myself in the glory of your personal responses to
my poor and vain attempts to relate my experiences in the kitchen and
in any other endeavor I undertake , knowing that you will best me in
every case . ¬* And if you'll buy that I've got a bridge for sale
cheap . You just have to try to prove you're better than the rest of
us , and it just ain't so . Your insecurity must be a very heavy load
. I do hope that you are or will seek treatment for this mental
shortcoming and can someday live a normal and productive life . Until
then , **** off and die .

LOL, don't worry about Sheldon!

BTW, we get the minced clams (I think they say baby but will have to
check) and Don adds them to canned tuna for a special tuna fish.

1 of the 3 to 4 cans will be those (all well squeezed) and we add a
little minced onion and then mayo to our desired level.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:39 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 09 Feb 2019 18:44:10 -0600, "cshenk" wrote:

Terry Coombs wrote:

[...]

So when you add clams to tuna, you get a special tuna fish. I'll have
to remember that.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:25 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Coombs wrote:

[...]

Yes. It's called Salsa de Popeye's Mammy.

A table condiment at all the finer restaurants in the bronx and
Brooklyn. Also at most eating joints at the harbors and piers in new yawk.

Very salty with a distinct pungent fishy odor. Taste and smell
reminiscent of mildewed gym socks which have been urinated on.

Dinner last night/ dinner tonight U.S. Janet B. General Cooking 17 02-03-2018 01:19 PM
Dinner Tonight Jude General Cooking 0 24-04-2006 11:44 PM
Dinner tonight limey General Cooking 1 23-04-2006 07:59 PM
Tonight's Dinner Damsel General Cooking 24 13-07-2005 10:20 PM