General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #16 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 07-02-2019, 02:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 17,786
Default Dinner tonight (2/6/19)

Julie Bove wrote:

Bruce wrote:

jmcquown wrote:

Pan seared chuck eye steak. Lightly salted, then let it sit to absorb
and bring out the wonderful taste.

I'll be roasting some cauliflower florets in the oven to go with it.
Lightly steamed first then layered on a sheet pan and lightly brushed
with olive oil, granulated garlic and S&P.

Oh, I'll put some of that granulated garlic on the steak, too.
Cooked to medium rare.

Lightly cooked?


WTF did she say Lightly coocked?


She said lightly steamed.


People are a bit slow here. Read again above.
In one post about her dinner, Jill said:
- lightly salted
- lightly steamed
- lightly brushed with olive oil

Bruce was teasing her about "lightly" everything.
Nice day there in SC -
I'm surprised she didn't lightly grill her steak.

;-D

  #20 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 07-02-2019, 04:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5,544
Default Dinner tonight (2/6/19)

On Thu, 7 Feb 2019 Julie Bove wrote:
"Terresa Coombs" wrote:
On 2/6/2019 penmart01 wrote:
On Wed, 6 Feb 2019 Terresa Coombs wrote:
On 2/6/2019 6:53 PM, jmcquown wrote:

Pan seared chuck eye steak. Lightly salted, then let it sit to absorb
and bring out the wonderful taste.

I'll be roasting some cauliflower florets in the oven to go with it.
Lightly steamed first then layered on a sheet pan and lightly brushed
with olive oil, granulated garlic and S&P.

Oh, I'll put some of that granulated garlic on the steak, too.
Cooked to medium rare.

We just finished , had baby clams in white wine sauce over spaghetti
with a green salad on the side.

There's no such classification as "baby clams"... there are
essentially little neck, cherrystone and chowders... some people
classify clams smore precicely for in between sizes but there is no
classification as 'baby clams". Yoose gots to stay away from yoose
baby bees.
http://www.shoemakerlittlenecks.com/size.html


Oh **** off . It says on the can "Bumble Bee Premium Select Wild Fancy
Whole BABY CLAMS" . Since I see they've been in business since 1899 I
suspect they know what they're talking about . And you obviously don't .


*Snort*


Double Snort
Says product of China...
Bumble Bee is passing off some parasite as clams.
https://jet.com/product/Bumble-Bee-P...e6757fa904f04e

This is a product of China!

Submitted 4 months ago
By MTownQD
The clams are fine but the cans are labeled "Product of China". I will
not buy again for this reason. I'm a little disappointed because
Bumble Bee is an American brand but they source their ingredients from
different countries, including China.

Read the Bumble Bee disclaimer...
Consume Bumble Bee products at your peril:
"Product Disclaimer:Product pages contain information provided by
third-party sellers and other content providers. Despite our best
efforts to make sure that information is accurate, we donít guarantee
it, and images, descriptions, specifications, or other attributes may
be incomplete, out of date, unreliable or miscategorized. Before you
buy, use or consume a product, you should always review nutritional,
ingredient and allergen information and any warnings or instructions.
We donít guarantee the accuracy of nutritional labels or any other
information on product packaging."
-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clam
In culinary use, within the eastern coast of the United States and
large swathes of the Maritimes of Canada, the term "clam" most often
refers to the hard clam Mercenaria mercenaria. It may also refer to a
few other common edible species, such as the soft-shell clam, Mya
arenaria and the ocean quahog, Arctica islandica.

In other words Bumble Bee LIES!


  #23 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 07-02-2019, 05:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 955
Default Dinner tonight (2/6/19)

¬* Just always gotta have the last word eh sheldumb . OK , you got the
last word , I'm always wrong and you're always right . Revel in the
righteousness of yourself , bask in the glory of your own presence . I
humble and abase myself in the glory of your personal responses to my
poor and vain attempts to relate my experiences in the kitchen and in
any other endeavor I undertake , knowing that you will best me in every
case .
¬* And if you'll buy that I've got a bridge for sale cheap . You just
have to try to prove you're better than the rest of us , and it just
ain't so . Your insecurity must be a very heavy load . I do hope that
you are or will seek treatment for this mental shortcoming and can
someday live a normal and productive life . Until then , **** off and die .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old
and crochety - and armed .
Get outta my woods !

  #27 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 07-02-2019, 07:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,023
Default Dinner tonight (2/6/19)

On Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 1:20:06 PM UTC-5, tert in seattle wrote:
writes:
On Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 7:53:50 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
Pan seared chuck eye steak. Lightly salted, then let it sit to absorb
and bring out the wonderful taste.

I'll be roasting some cauliflower florets in the oven to go with it.
Lightly steamed first then layered on a sheet pan and lightly brushed
with olive oil, granulated garlic and S&P.

Oh, I'll put some of that granulated garlic on the steak, too.
Cooked to medium rare.

Jill


Pan seared New York strip here, with a garlic and brandy pan sauce.
Vermicelli with butter, basil, and garlic.
Tossed salads with blue cheese dressing for him, balsamic vinaigrette for me.

Beef and garlic. Great minds think alike.

I've had a little pot of basil kicking around the kitchen for a couple
of months. The halogen lights in the range hood seem to be keeping it
going. Gardening. Heh.

Cindy Hamilton


someone told me she tried pan frying a steak for the first time and
it came out with "too much crust" or something like that - she said
maybe next time she won't get the pan as hot

I don't do this much - me caveman, cook steak with fire - but in my
experience you want the pan blazing hot and don't want to leave the
steak on there for more than a minute on each side

any words of wisdom?


This was a fairly thick steak. I'm not sure "blazing hot" is
required. I gave it 4 minutes per side in a AllClad pan (not
cast iron), then rested it while I made the pan sauce. It was
maybe just past medium rare, which is ok for us. Still nice
and juicy. It had a good but not aggressive crust.

We like steak cooked with fire, too, but we just felt like a
pan sauce. Wish I'd had some heavy cream...

Cindy Hamilton
  #28 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 07-02-2019, 07:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,281
Default Dinner tonight (2/6/19)

On Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 8:20:06 AM UTC-10, tert in seattle wrote:
writes:
On Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 7:53:50 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
Pan seared chuck eye steak. Lightly salted, then let it sit to absorb
and bring out the wonderful taste.

I'll be roasting some cauliflower florets in the oven to go with it.
Lightly steamed first then layered on a sheet pan and lightly brushed
with olive oil, granulated garlic and S&P.

Oh, I'll put some of that granulated garlic on the steak, too.
Cooked to medium rare.

Jill


Pan seared New York strip here, with a garlic and brandy pan sauce.
Vermicelli with butter, basil, and garlic.
Tossed salads with blue cheese dressing for him, balsamic vinaigrette for me.

Beef and garlic. Great minds think alike.

I've had a little pot of basil kicking around the kitchen for a couple
of months. The halogen lights in the range hood seem to be keeping it
going. Gardening. Heh.

Cindy Hamilton


someone told me she tried pan frying a steak for the first time and
it came out with "too much crust" or something like that - she said
maybe next time she won't get the pan as hot

I don't do this much - me caveman, cook steak with fire - but in my
experience you want the pan blazing hot and don't want to leave the
steak on there for more than a minute on each side

any words of wisdom?


Fry your steak in a good amount of oil at high heat. Flip and continue frying for about 15 seconds and then turn the heat down to med. Flip your steak every 90 seconds or so until done. Let rest a few minutes before... yadda, yadda, yadda.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...0kf4QiAFkFKoPE
  #29 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 07-02-2019, 08:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 2,033
Default Dinner tonight (2/6/19)

Terry Coombs wrote:
Just always gotta have the last word eh sheldumb . OK , you got the
last word , I'm always wrong and you're always right . Revel in the
righteousness of yourself , bask in the glory of your own presence . I
humble and abase myself in the glory of your personal responses to my
poor and vain attempts to relate my experiences in the kitchen and in
any other endeavor I undertake , knowing that you will best me in every
case .
And if you'll buy that I've got a bridge for sale cheap . You just
have to try to prove you're better than the rest of us , and it just
ain't so . Your insecurity must be a very heavy load . I do hope that
you are or will seek treatment for this mental shortcoming and can
someday live a normal and productive life . Until then , **** off and die .


Glad yoose beginning to understand how Popeye works.


  #30 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 07-02-2019, 08:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 955
Default Dinner tonight (2/6/19)

On 2/7/2019 2:28 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:
¬*¬* Just always gotta have the last word eh sheldumb . OK , you got the
last word , I'm always wrong and you're always right . Revel in the
righteousness of yourself , bask in the glory of your own presence . I
humble and abase myself in the glory of your personal responses to my
poor and vain attempts to relate my experiences in the kitchen and in
any other endeavor I undertake , knowing that you will best me in every
case .
¬*¬* And if you'll buy that I've got a bridge for sale cheap . You just
have to try to prove you're better than the rest of us , and it just
ain't so . Your insecurity must be a very heavy load . I do hope that
you are or will seek treatment for this mental shortcoming and can
someday live a normal and productive life . Until then , **** off and
die .


Glad yoose beginning to understand how Popeye works.


¬* Yeah , and he's a stalker of sorts too . Notice how lately he jumps
on everything I post like a duck on a bug ? A little constructive
criticism is one thing , but he seems hell-bent on proving me wrong in
whatever I post . Which is an artifact of his extreme insecurity and a
projection of his self-hatred . I really do hope he seeks help ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old
and crochety - and armed .
Get outta my woods !



Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dinner last night/ dinner tonight U.S. Janet B. General Cooking 17 02-03-2018 01:19 PM
Last nights dinner - vegetable soup... tonight's dinner - vegetable stew! Karen AKA Kajikit General Cooking 11 18-04-2007 07:00 PM
Dinner Tonight Jude General Cooking 0 24-04-2006 11:44 PM
Dinner tonight limey General Cooking 1 23-04-2006 07:59 PM
Tonight's Dinner Damsel General Cooking 24 13-07-2005 10:20 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2019 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017