Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner last night/ dinner tonight

Last night was Coney dogs, salad and those little tangerines.
Dinner tonight is hamburgers, salad and maybe chocolate chip cookies.
( I have to make the cookies first)
I am just out of the mood of a plate of meat plus veg or a casserole
and veg. Hot sandwiches are the thing right now.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message

Last night was Coney dogs, salad and those little tangerines.
Dinner tonight is hamburgers, salad and maybe chocolate chip cookies.
( I have to make the cookies first)
I am just out of the mood of a plate of meat plus veg or a casserole
and veg. Hot sandwiches are the thing right now.
Janet US

==

I had to Google Coney dogs Not something I've heard of before
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 5:23:37 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> Last night was Coney dogs, salad and those little tangerines.
> Dinner tonight is hamburgers, salad and maybe chocolate chip cookies.
> ( I have to make the cookies first)
> I am just out of the mood of a plate of meat plus veg or a casserole
> and veg. Hot sandwiches are the thing right now.
> Janet US

Last night was grilled salmon, boiled potatoes, and tossed salad.

Tonight will be leftover pork loin roast, sliced thinly, reheated
in some of my homemade barbecue sauce, and served on buns. Probably
tossed salads; maybe a quick cole slaw for me.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 09:31:37 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
.. .

>Last night was Coney dogs, salad and those little tangerines.
>Dinner tonight is hamburgers, salad and maybe chocolate chip cookies.
>( I have to make the cookies first)
>I am just out of the mood of a plate of meat plus veg or a casserole
>and veg. Hot sandwiches are the thing right now.
>Janet US
>
>==
>
>I had to Google Coney dogs Not something I've heard of before

Coneys are rabbits... coney dogs are for hunting rabbits.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/coney
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 10:49:12 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 09:31:37 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

> >"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
> .. .
> >

> >Last night was Coney dogs, salad and those little tangerines.
> >Dinner tonight is hamburgers, salad and maybe chocolate chip cookies.
> >( I have to make the cookies first)
> >I am just out of the mood of a plate of meat plus veg or a casserole
> >and veg. Hot sandwiches are the thing right now.
> >Janet US
> >
> >==
> >
> >I had to Google Coney dogs Not something I've heard of before

> Coneys are rabbits... coney dogs are for hunting rabbits.
> https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/coney

Coney dogs, however, are hotdogs with chili on them:

<https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/coney_dog>

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 03:18:19 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 5:23:37 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> Last night was Coney dogs, salad and those little tangerines.
>> Dinner tonight is hamburgers, salad and maybe chocolate chip cookies.
>> ( I have to make the cookies first)
>> I am just out of the mood of a plate of meat plus veg or a casserole
>> and veg. Hot sandwiches are the thing right now.
>> Janet US

>Last night was grilled salmon, boiled potatoes, and tossed salad.
>
>Tonight will be leftover pork loin roast, sliced thinly, reheated
>in some of my homemade barbecue sauce, and served on buns. Probably
>tossed salads; maybe a quick cole slaw for me.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

I stopped at Albertsons yesterday and picked up about a dozen Hoagie
style rolls and froze them, 2 to a package. That means I can have hot
pork or chicken or beef sandwiches any time I want.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 18:30:03 GMT, "l not -l" > wrote:

>On 1-Mar-2018, Dave Smith > wrote:

snip

>> Coney Dogs are hot dogs smothered in a meat sauce. That was
>> what I ate
>> the day I came down with a dandy dose of food poisoning about
>> 45 years
>> ago and I have not had once since.

>Now you've done it; you've probably inspired Sheldon to try and
>top your confession with the details of the dandy dose of
>something he came down with on shore shore leave 50+ years ago.

Yeah, but that had nothing to do with what he ate . . . wait, it
probably did have something to do with what he ate.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
.. .

>Last night was Coney dogs, salad and those little tangerines.
>Dinner tonight is hamburgers, salad and maybe chocolate chip cookies.
>( I have to make the cookies first)
>I am just out of the mood of a plate of meat plus veg or a casserole
>and veg. Hot sandwiches are the thing right now.
>Janet US
>
>==
>
>I had to Google Coney dogs Not something I've heard of before

Coneys are rabbits... coney dogs are for hunting rabbits.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/coney

==

Probably but, Google says:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coney_Island_hot_dog
A Coney Island Hot Dog is a hot dog in a bun topped with a savory meat sauce
and sometimes other toppings. It is often offered as part of a menu of
dishes of Greek origin and classic American 'diner' dishes and often at
Coney Island restaurants. It is largely a phenomenon related to immigration
from Greece and ...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
news
On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 03:18:19 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 5:23:37 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> Last night was Coney dogs, salad and those little tangerines.
>> Dinner tonight is hamburgers, salad and maybe chocolate chip cookies.
>> ( I have to make the cookies first)
>> I am just out of the mood of a plate of meat plus veg or a casserole
>> and veg. Hot sandwiches are the thing right now.
>> Janet US

>Last night was grilled salmon, boiled potatoes, and tossed salad.
>
>Tonight will be leftover pork loin roast, sliced thinly, reheated
>in some of my homemade barbecue sauce, and served on buns. Probably
>tossed salads; maybe a quick cole slaw for me.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

I stopped at Albertsons yesterday and picked up about a dozen Hoagie
style rolls and froze them, 2 to a package. That means I can have hot
pork or chicken or beef sandwiches any time I want.
Janet US

==

It's all good)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message
.44...

On Thu 01 Mar 2018 11:47:33a, Ophelia told us...

> "U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
> news >
> On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 03:18:19 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
>>On Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 5:23:37 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B.
>>wrote:
>>> Last night was Coney dogs, salad and those little tangerines.
>>> Dinner tonight is hamburgers, salad and maybe chocolate chip
>>> cookies. ( I have to make the cookies first)
>>> I am just out of the mood of a plate of meat plus veg or a
>>> casserole and veg. Hot sandwiches are the thing right now.
>>> Janet US

>>Last night was grilled salmon, boiled potatoes, and tossed salad.
>>
>>Tonight will be leftover pork loin roast, sliced thinly, reheated
>>in some of my homemade barbecue sauce, and served on buns.
>>Probably tossed salads; maybe a quick cole slaw for me.
>>
>>Cindy Hamilton

> I stopped at Albertsons yesterday and picked up about a dozen
> Hoagie style rolls and froze them, 2 to a package. That means I
> can have hot pork or chicken or beef sandwiches any time I want.
> Janet US
>
> ==
>
> It's all good)

Last night we had lasagne, a green salad, and some Snickerdoodle
cookies that I baked earlier in the day.

Wayne Boatwright

==

D had his Corned beef hash <g> Yayyy success) He 'loved' it <g>

I had steak and salad) I must sound really boring I make all kinds of
things but usually end up eating steak and salad!

Well, I love steak and salad ...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/1/2018 1:35 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 18:30:03 GMT, "l not -l" > wrote:
>

>> On 1-Mar-2018, Dave Smith > wrote:

> snip
>>>
>>> Coney Dogs are hot dogs smothered in a meat sauce. That was
>>> what I ate
>>> the day I came down with a dandy dose of food poisoning about
>>> 45 years
>>> ago and I have not had once since.

>> Now you've done it; you've probably inspired Sheldon to try and
>> top your confession with the details of the dandy dose of
>> something he came down with on shore shore leave 50+ years ago.

> Yeah, but that had nothing to do with what he ate . . . wait, it
> probably did have something to do with what he ate.
> Janet US

!!!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-03-01 1:05 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 11:07:30 -0500, Dave Smith
> > wrote:

>>> Coneys are rabbits... coney dogs are for hunting rabbits.
>>> https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/coney
>>>

>> Coney Dogs are hot dogs smothered in a meat sauce. That was what I ate
>> the day I came down with a dandy dose of food poisoning about 45 years
>> ago and I have not had once since.

> make your own and avoid the problem

It might sound like a good idea, but my experience turned me off them.
When you have eaten something that made you puke and retch for 5 hours,
until you thought your guts were turning inside out, that food looses
its appeal.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 01 Mar 2018 23:22:35 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Thu 01 Mar 2018 01:46:35p, Ophelia told us...
>

>> "Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message
>> .44...
>>
>> Last night we had lasagne, a green salad, and some Snickerdoodle
>> cookies that I baked earlier in the day.
>>

>> Wayne Boatwright
>>
>> ==
>>

>> D had his Corned beef hash <g> Yayyy success) He 'loved' it <g>
>>
>> I had steak and salad) I must sound really boring I make
>> all kinds of things but usually end up eating steak and salad!
>>
>> Well, I love steak and salad ...
>>

>Loving what you eat is what's important!

And y'all love animals!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 01 Mar 2018 11:35:37 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 18:30:03 GMT, "l not -l" > wrote:
>

>>On 1-Mar-2018, Dave Smith > wrote:

>snip
>>>
>>> Coney Dogs are hot dogs smothered in a meat sauce. That was
>>> what I ate
>>> the day I came down with a dandy dose of food poisoning about
>>> 45 years
>>> ago and I have not had once since.

>>Now you've done it; you've probably inspired Sheldon to try and
>>top your confession with the details of the dandy dose of
>>something he came down with on shore shore leave 50+ years ago.

>Yeah, but that had nothing to do with what he ate . . . wait, it
>probably did have something to do with what he ate.
>Janet US

The old carpet shark!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> Last night was grilled salmon, boiled potatoes, and tossed salad.
>
> Tonight will be leftover pork loin roast, sliced thinly, reheated
> in some of my homemade barbecue sauce, and served on buns. Probably
> tossed salads; maybe a quick cole slaw for me.

I sauteed one garlic clove (smashed and minced) in evoo minimal,
then added in lots of steamed asparagus and some butter to sautee
a bit longer...then I added 4 eggs to make scrambled eggs with
garlic and asparagus. One piece of buttered toast and....better
than I could have imagined.

I'm going to repeat this meal today for a lunch to use up the
asparagus. So darn good.