Old 10-01-2019, 09:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Score!

I got 3 beautiful, 4-pound Choice grade chuck roasts at Albertsons for
$1.99/pound. Regular $4.99/pound. I'll Foodsaver 2 of them. I'm
thinking about going back and getting maybe 5 or 6 more and grinding
them for ground beef. There is very little fat on these roasts and
just a blade bone so not much waste. The bones can be used to make
stock. I'll just go direct to the butcher and tell him what I want.
Pot roast with carrots and potatoes for dinner tonight!
Janet US

Old 10-01-2019, 09:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/10/2019 2:40 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
I got 3 beautiful, 4-pound Choice grade chuck roasts at Albertsons for
$1.99/pound. Regular $4.99/pound. I'll Foodsaver 2 of them. I'm
thinking about going back and getting maybe 5 or 6 more and grinding
them for ground beef. There is very little fat on these roasts and
just a blade bone so not much waste. The bones can be used to make
stock. I'll just go direct to the butcher and tell him what I want.
Pot roast with carrots and potatoes for dinner tonight!
Janet US

I'll be perusing the selection at our local market's 10 Pound Meat Sale
tomorrow , with an eye out for some country style pork ribs @$1.39 , and
either or both whole eye of round¬* and whole sirloin tips , both at
$3.49 . Both choice Angus . Since we still have steaks from last March
(vac bagged) those will go for roasts . Damn I loves me a nice beef
roast ! An' beef stew an' stirfry an' fajitas an' an' ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Old 10-01-2019, 11:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message

I got 3 beautiful, 4-pound Choice grade chuck roasts at Albertsons for
$1.99/pound. Regular $4.99/pound. I'll Foodsaver 2 of them. I'm
thinking about going back and getting maybe 5 or 6 more and grinding
them for ground beef. There is very little fat on these roasts and
just a blade bone so not much waste. The bones can be used to make
stock. I'll just go direct to the butcher and tell him what I want.
Pot roast with carrots and potatoes for dinner tonight!
Janet US

Are you okay with the meat from Albertsons? It doesn't taste right to me.

Old 11-01-2019, 12:25 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message

I got 3 beautiful, 4-pound Choice grade chuck roasts at Albertsons for
$1.99/pound. Regular $4.99/pound. I'll Foodsaver 2 of them. I'm
thinking about going back and getting maybe 5 or 6 more and grinding
them for ground beef. There is very little fat on these roasts and
just a blade bone so not much waste. The bones can be used to make
stock. I'll just go direct to the butcher and tell him what I want.
Pot roast with carrots and potatoes for dinner tonight!
Janet US

Are you okay with the meat from Albertsons? It doesn't taste right to me.

Yoose are probably allergic to it.

Old 11-01-2019, 12:55 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 14:44:41 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
.. .

I got 3 beautiful, 4-pound Choice grade chuck roasts at Albertsons for
$1.99/pound. Regular $4.99/pound. I'll Foodsaver 2 of them. I'm
thinking about going back and getting maybe 5 or 6 more and grinding
them for ground beef. There is very little fat on these roasts and
just a blade bone so not much waste. The bones can be used to make
stock. I'll just go direct to the butcher and tell him what I want.
Pot roast with carrots and potatoes for dinner tonight!
Janet US

Are you okay with the meat from Albertsons? It doesn't taste right to me.

Just stating facts here. Julie, you have real issues with taste and
smell, nothing is normal to you. I think the drugs you take and the
way you administer your diet has messed up your sensory organs.
Yes, I'm fine with the meat at Albertsons.
Janet US

Old 11-01-2019, 01:02 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/10/19 3:44 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message

I got 3 beautiful, 4-pound Choice grade chuck roasts at Albertsons for
$1.99/pound.¬* Regular $4.99/pound.¬* I'll Foodsaver 2 of them.¬* I'm
thinking about going back and getting maybe 5 or 6 more and grinding
them for ground beef.¬* There is very little fat on these roasts and
just a blade bone so not much waste.¬* The bones can be used to make
stock.¬* I'll just go direct to the butcher and tell him what I want.
Pot roast with carrots and potatoes for dinner tonight!
Janet US

Are you okay with the meat from Albertsons? It doesn't taste right to me.

Interesting. I cooked some short ribs from Albertson a few days ago and
although I didn't care for the price it was from a quality standpoint
very good. Albertson is last choice for me all around however.

They are rebranding themselves as Market Street. I hope they do
something other than shine things up and move stuff around. It's
overall a crappy store IMO. Since Amazon acquired Whole Foods the only
thing that has changed as for as I can tell is not much and maybe it is
not as good as it was and the prices still suck.

jay
Old 11-01-2019, 01:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 12:44:53 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message

I got 3 beautiful, 4-pound Choice grade chuck roasts at Albertsons for
$1.99/pound. Regular $4.99/pound. I'll Foodsaver 2 of them. I'm
thinking about going back and getting maybe 5 or 6 more and grinding
them for ground beef. There is very little fat on these roasts and
just a blade bone so not much waste. The bones can be used to make
stock. I'll just go direct to the butcher and tell him what I want.
Pot roast with carrots and potatoes for dinner tonight!
Janet US

Are you okay with the meat from Albertsons? It doesn't taste right to me.

Hell, I don't care. I'll buy any meat if it's cheap enough!
Old 11-01-2019, 01:52 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 14:44:41 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
.. .

I got 3 beautiful, 4-pound Choice grade chuck roasts at Albertsons for
$1.99/pound. Regular $4.99/pound. I'll Foodsaver 2 of them. I'm
thinking about going back and getting maybe 5 or 6 more and grinding
them for ground beef. There is very little fat on these roasts and
just a blade bone so not much waste. The bones can be used to make
stock. I'll just go direct to the butcher and tell him what I want.
Pot roast with carrots and potatoes for dinner tonight!
Janet US

Are you okay with the meat from Albertsons? It doesn't taste right to me.

Try their schlong! lol
Old 11-01-2019, 03:59 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 2:40:18 PM UTC-6, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
I got 3 beautiful, 4-pound Choice grade chuck roasts at Albertsons for
$1.99/pound. Regular $4.99/pound. I'll Foodsaver 2 of them. I'm
thinking about going back and getting maybe 5 or 6 more and grinding
them for ground beef. There is very little fat on these roasts and
just a blade bone so not much waste. The bones can be used to make
stock. I'll just go direct to the butcher and tell him what I want.
Pot roast with carrots and potatoes for dinner tonight!
Janet US

How old are they? Sounds like Albertsons was trying to sell off some almost expired hunks of meat!

John Kuthe...
Old 11-01-2019, 05:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message

I got 3 beautiful, 4-pound Choice grade chuck roasts at Albertsons for
$1.99/pound. Regular $4.99/pound. I'll Foodsaver 2 of them. I'm
thinking about going back and getting maybe 5 or 6 more and grinding
them for ground beef. There is very little fat on these roasts and
just a blade bone so not much waste. The bones can be used to make
stock. I'll just go direct to the butcher and tell him what I want.
Pot roast with carrots and potatoes for dinner tonight!
Janet US

Are you okay with the meat from Albertsons? It doesn't taste right to me.

Hell, I don't care. I'll buy any meat if it's cheap enough!

Even if the meat had NO PRESERVATIVES in it?

And GREEN FRINGE growing out of it?

Adds a certain piquancy to the FLAVOR!!!

John Kuthe, KutheChocolates.com...
Old 11-01-2019, 09:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
I got 3 beautiful, 4-pound Choice grade chuck roasts at Albertsons for
$1.99/pound. Regular $4.99/pound. I'll Foodsaver 2 of them. I'm
thinking about going back and getting maybe 5 or 6 more and grinding
them for ground beef. There is very little fat on these roasts and
just a blade bone so not much waste. The bones can be used to make
stock. I'll just go direct to the butcher and tell him what I want.
Pot roast with carrots and potatoes for dinner tonight!
Janet US
Are you okay with the meat from Albertsons? It doesn't taste right to me.

Hell, I don't care. I'll buy any meat if it's cheap enough!

Even if the meat had NO PRESERVATIVES in it?

And GREEN FRINGE growing out of it?

Adds a certain piquancy to the FLAVOR!!!

John Kuthe, KutheChocolates.com...

¬* I just bought nearly 30 pounds of beef and pork , none of which has
added chemicals or preservatives . THAT"S WHY I BUY IT THERE ! Our local
(regional?) chain has meat that has no additives or "solutions" , and
that's where 95% of our meat comes from .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Old 11-01-2019, 10:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote

I got 3 beautiful, 4-pound Choice grade chuck roasts at Albertsons
for $1.99/pound. Regular $4.99/pound. I'll Foodsaver 2 of them. I'm
thinking about going back and getting maybe 5 or 6 more and grinding
them for ground beef. There is very little fat on these roasts and
just a blade bone so not much waste. The bones can be used to make
stock. I'll just go direct to the butcher and tell him what I want.
Pot roast with carrots and potatoes for dinner tonight!
Janet US

There's no such thing as very little fat in chuck.
I'd filet out the bones for stock, trim away fat to suit, and grind
the meat for burgers and meat loaf. When chuck roasts sell for $2/lb
its at least half fat plus bone... not much lean, not good for
braising. I see relatively lean boneless chuck roasts here on sale
for $5-6/lb., and they are still too fatty for me. Sometimes there
are fairly lean boneless chuck steaks at about $5-6/lb, I may buy
those to grill outside or grind them for burgers. I haven't seen any
decent chuck at $2/lb since 1960.
For dinner tonight I'm roasting a ~3 pound hunk of boneless pork loin,
was $1.79/lb for the entire loin, cut the 12 pounds into four roasts.
with baked spuds and frozen spinach-kale blend. It's in the oven now.
I buy the spinach-kale blend only because Popeye doesn't want to be
too virile, Olive Oyl would be ascared of being split in two.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
[...]

I have to admit, though, that the additives and preservatives in stuff
like pepperoni, ham, salami, etc., are very nice.

Cindy Hamilton

The score at the store is not always a score Dimitri General Cooking 3 10-12-2011 08:38 PM
Score George Shirley[_2_] Preserving 0 07-07-2011 05:10 PM
Score! George Shirley Preserving 0 07-06-2010 02:42 PM
Score Dimitri General Cooking 13 10-10-2009 09:40 PM
Score!!! Christine Dabney General Cooking 10 06-11-2008 10:39 AM