Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Score!

On 1/10/2019 2:40 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> I got 3 beautiful, 4-pound Choice grade chuck roasts at Albertsons for
> $1.99/pound. Regular $4.99/pound. I'll Foodsaver 2 of them. I'm
> thinking about going back and getting maybe 5 or 6 more and grinding
> them for ground beef. There is very little fat on these roasts and
> just a blade bone so not much waste. The bones can be used to make
> stock. I'll just go direct to the butcher and tell him what I want.
> Pot roast with carrots and potatoes for dinner tonight!
> Janet US

I'll be perusing the selection at our local market's 10 Pound Meat Sale
tomorrow , with an eye out for some country style pork ribs @$1.39 , and
either or both whole eye of roundÂ* and whole sirloin tips , both at
$3.49 . Both choice Angus . Since we still have steaks from last March
(vac bagged) those will go for roasts . Damn I loves me a nice beef
roast ! An' beef stew an' stirfry an' fajitas an' an' ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old