Posted to rec.food.cooking
Boron Elgar[_1_] Boron Elgar[_1_] is offline

Default Score!

On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 11:24:42 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 9:05:51 AM UTC-10, Boron Elgar wrote:
>>
>> First time I ever encountered fruit + savory was in a Persian stew
>> with apricots. I have since had it with chicken, lamb or veal as the
>> meat part.
>>
>> I have also had a chicken, pomegranate and walnut dish, too.
>>
>> Oh, I really miss watching that old friend cook. She could produce an
>> elegant, exotic and memorable sit down dinner for 12 made in her
>> kitchen the size of a postage stamp. Two people could not fit in it. I
>> used to stand in the hallway/doorframe just to observe.

>We had Moroccan food last week at a restaurant. Prunes and lemons with lamb. We had chicken pie with almonds and eggs. We ordered two of those bastillas covered with powdered sugar and cinnamon. We were lounging on cushions and I fell into a deep sleep. I was awakened with a sprinkling of orange water which is a rather pleasant way to be brought back into this world.
>
>https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...itytlaO7sHD71x

We have a Moroccan restaurant not far from us. The food is wonderful.
Once, many years ago, as we sat eating/lounging, a large party came in
and every person on staff jumped to attention to seat and attend the
group, who were all very well dressed..almost formally so for the men,
who were sort of beefy, big guys.

Ultimately, we got to see who the "star" of the large party was -
Imelda Marcos. The guys were her body guards.

She had on really nice shoes.