Posted to rec.food.cooking
Boron Elgar[_1_] Boron Elgar[_1_] is offline

Default Score!

On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 09:42:43 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 08:38:28 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:
>
>>On Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 5:10:58 AM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>>
>>> No, thank you. I don't care for fruit and chocolate together.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>>Finally!! I thought I was the only person in the world who does not care for
>>fruit and chocolate together. People rave about chocolate covered strawberries,
>>orange flavored chocolate slices, bananas dipped in chocolate, Black Forest
>>cake, etc. The combination of any fruit and chocolate is just so unappealing
>>to me.

>And I really like fruit and chocolate, but, I do not like fruit with
>savory. Not mixed with meat or rice or similar, please
>Janet US

First time I ever encountered fruit + savory was in a Persian stew
with apricots. I have since had it with chicken, lamb or veal as the
meat part.

I have also had a chicken, pomegranate and walnut dish, too.

Oh, I really miss watching that old friend cook. She could produce an
elegant, exotic and memorable sit down dinner for 12 made in her
kitchen the size of a postage stamp. Two people could not fit in it. I
used to stand in the hallway/doorframe just to observe.