Old 28-03-2011, 01:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Query: Krispy Kreme bread pudding recipe

J wrote:
On Mar 27, 4:46 pm, "Phyllis Stone" wrote:

I made it one Thanksgiving because my daughter in law likes bread
pudding and wanted to try it. There were lots of other desserts too.
It was good. I don't care much for donuts or bread pudding `but she
liked it.

AND HOW MUCH FRUIT COCKTAIL DID YOU USE???

Why don't you just use 9 ounces that the damned recipe calls for?

nancy

Old 28-03-2011, 05:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 26, 5:05*pm, J wrote:
On Mar 26, 3:18*pm, Janet Wilder wrote:

I agree. If I ate what Paula Deen cooks, I'd be as fluffy as Paula Deen
and I value my life and my health too much to experiment with her
cuisine. *I did find her entertaining for a while, but the gratuitous
"y'all's" got too annoying/cloying.

I haven't even mentioned the butter rum sauce that goes with the bread
pudding! g * This is not something I plan to make on a regular
basis, but as a treat for a group occasion. All the other specified
ingredients were right there on the supermarket shelf--that's why I
suspect this is a mistake.

If you want killer bread pudding, you should make the Commander's
Palace recipe with their whiskey sauce. It is truly to die for.

N.
Old 28-03-2011, 05:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Mar 26, 12:18*pm, Janet Wilder wrote:

I agree. If I ate what Paula Deen cooks, I'd be as fluffy as Paula Deen
and I value my life and my health too much to experiment with her
cuisine. *I did find her entertaining for a while, but the gratuitous
"y'all's" got too annoying/cloying.

In her early Food Network Life, she had some interesting Low Country
recipes.

----------

Agreed. I'm Southern born and she works my last nerve. ;-)

Old 28-03-2011, 06:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 03:24:04 -0700 (PDT), J
wrote:

On Mar 28, 1:23*am, sf wrote:

Will you please post your recipe for rum butter sauce?

It's not mine, it comes with the other recipe:

Butter Rum Sauce:

1 stick butter

1 pound box confectioners' sugar

Rum, to taste

Melt butter and slowly stir in confectioners' sugar. Add rum and
heat until bubbly. Pour over each serving of Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding

Thank you.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:33 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 28, 8:59*am, "Nancy Young" wrote:

Why don't you just use 9 ounces that the damned recipe calls for?

I think a comment from someone who's actually made the recipe would be
more helpful...

Old 02-04-2011, 04:38 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/26/2011 2:10 PM, sf wrote:
On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 06:19:17 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Paula Deen passed along this recipe, which uses donuts instead of
bread. I won't put it here, because it's easy enough to Google, but
I'm hoping someone who reads this has actually made it.

Several online version of this recipe--including Deen's at the Food
Network--call for two 4.5-ounce cans of fruit cocktail, and of course
there's no such thing. Anybody know what the correct amount is?

Not me. There are very few Paula Deen recipes that sound like
something I'd want to try and that's one of them.

It sounds decadent and something I'd love to try. But I'm not a fan of
bread pudding, and my cholesterol is high enough. But it sure sounds
yummy to me.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:07 AM
Experienced Member

call for two 4.5-ounce cans of fruit cocktail, and of course
there's no such thing. Anybody know what the correct amount is?I doubt an exact measurement of fruit cocktail is
critical. If you can get close to 9 oz (give or take an oz) I'm sure
you'll be fine. I haven't read the recipe but it would seem
(intuitively. You remember what that is, Jill, don't you? THINKING
SOMETHING THROUGH before saying something that makes you look like a
complete idiot) that the fruit is really more of a secondary player.
The balance between bread/donuts whatever and the custard ingredients
need to be precise.
__________________
MP4 Player
Old 02-04-2011, 01:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Paula Deen passed along this recipe, which uses donuts instead of
bread. I won't put it here, because it's easy enough to Google, but
I'm hoping someone who reads this has actually made it.

Several online version of this recipe--including Deen's at the Food
Network--call for two 4.5-ounce cans of fruit cocktail, and of course
there's no such thing. Anybody know what the correct amount is?

Not me. *There are very few Paula Deen recipes that sound like
something I'd want to try and that's one of them.

I agree. If I ate what Paula Deen cooks, I'd be as fluffy as Paula Deen
and I value my life and my health too much to experiment with her
cuisine. *I did find her entertaining for a while, but the gratuitous
"y'all's" got too annoying/cloying.

She's a pig.

--
Janet Wilder

--Bryan
Old 02-04-2011, 05:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 2 Apr 2011 05:09:40 -0700 (PDT), Bryan
wrote:

On Mar 26, 2:18*pm, Janet Wilder wrote:

I agree. If I ate what Paula Deen cooks, I'd be as fluffy as Paula Deen
and I value my life and my health too much to experiment with her
cuisine. *I did find her entertaining for a while, but the gratuitous
"y'all's" got too annoying/cloying.

She's a pig.

I won't go that far, but she spreads all that "southern" on way too
thick. I don't get all the butter and fats either. Do people really
cook that way anymore? Interestingly enough, when hubby comes in and
I have Food Network or Cooking on - the TV cook with the reputation
for using fat isn't Paula for him. It's Ina Garten! "Oh, it's the
one that uses too much butter" and wouldn't you know, then she uses a
whole stick or sometimes two of them.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:23 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 03 Apr 2011 22:10:21 -0700, Ranée at Arabian Knits
wrote:

In article
,
J wrote:

On Mar 28, 8:59*am, "Nancy Young" wrote:

Why don't you just use 9 ounces that the damned recipe calls for?

I think a comment from someone who's actually made the recipe would be
more helpful...

You don't need to make the recipe to add 4.5 to 4.5.

It makes my wonder why that person asked the question in the first
place. It's a recipe that virtually no one would want to try, so why
beat a dead horse like that? I really don't care. This thread should
have been dead already and I'm killing it now so it will go away
permanently.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Ranée at Arabian Knits wrote:
In article
,
J wrote:

On Mar 28, 8:59 am, "Nancy Young"
wrote:

Why don't you just use 9 ounces that the damned recipe calls for?

I think a comment from someone who's actually made the recipe would
be more helpful...

You don't need to make the recipe to add 4.5 to 4.5.

I remember seeing that show years ago, and Paula Deen
"actually made the recipe," if that's his/her criteria. It's not the
kind of recipe where precise measurements matter, add as much as
looks good to you.

nancy