Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Query: Krispy Kreme bread pudding recipe

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 14:18:13 -0500, Janet Wilder
> wrote:

> I agree. If I ate what Paula Deen cooks, I'd be as fluffy as Paula Deen
> and I value my life and my health too much to experiment with her
> cuisine. I did find her entertaining for a while, but the gratuitous
> "y'all's" got too annoying/cloying.

I know, I can't stand that either! Mainly I just have her on as
background noise and don't hesitate to flip the channel. There are
maybe two of her recipes that I've made. One is the cinnamon roll
recipe, a definite keeper (but not meant for more than once a year)
and the other one has completely slipped my mind.

Searching recipes... looks like I've made her Grilled Peach salad or a
variation and her Almond Chicken Salad is one to try... I have quite a
few saved recipes that won't kill you, but think of Paula and you
think about butter and other fats first.

> In her early Food Network Life, she had some interesting Low Country
> recipes.

Was that around the time that Justin Wilson was on PBS? My city
wasn't even wired for cable at that point.