Old 26-03-2011, 08:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Query: Krispy Kreme bread pudding recipe

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 14:18:13 -0500, Janet Wilder
wrote:

I agree. If I ate what Paula Deen cooks, I'd be as fluffy as Paula Deen
and I value my life and my health too much to experiment with her
cuisine. I did find her entertaining for a while, but the gratuitous
"y'all's" got too annoying/cloying.

I know, I can't stand that either! Mainly I just have her on as
background noise and don't hesitate to flip the channel. There are
maybe two of her recipes that I've made. One is the cinnamon roll
recipe, a definite keeper (but not meant for more than once a year)
and the other one has completely slipped my mind.

Searching recipes... looks like I've made her Grilled Peach salad or a
variation and her Almond Chicken Salad is one to try... I have quite a
few saved recipes that won't kill you, but think of Paula and you
think about butter and other fats first.

In her early Food Network Life, she had some interesting Low Country
recipes.

Was that around the time that Justin Wilson was on PBS? My city
wasn't even wired for cable at that point.