Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Query: Krispy Kreme bread pudding recipe

"J" > wrote in message
> Several online version of this recipe--including Deen's at the Food
> Network--call for two 4.5-ounce cans of fruit cocktail, and of course
> there's no such thing. Anybody know what the correct amount is?

What do you mean there's no such thing as canned fruit cocktail? Have you
*looked*?! It's a blend of fruits cut pieces of fruit. Used to be sold
exclusively in heavy syrup but in the last 20 years they started packing it
in juice. Del Monte is one brand right off the top of my head.

And no, sorry, I have no idea what amounts because I don't pay much
attention to Paula Deen or the Food Network.

Jill