Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Query: Krispy Kreme bread pudding recipe

On 3/26/2011 1:10 PM, sf wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 06:19:17 -0700 (PDT), >
> wrote:
>
>> Paula Deen passed along this recipe, which uses donuts instead of
>> bread. I won't put it here, because it's easy enough to Google, but
>> I'm hoping someone who reads this has actually made it.
>>
>> Several online version of this recipe--including Deen's at the Food
>> Network--call for two 4.5-ounce cans of fruit cocktail, and of course
>> there's no such thing. Anybody know what the correct amount is?

> Not me. There are very few Paula Deen recipes that sound like
> something I'd want to try and that's one of them.

I agree. If I ate what Paula Deen cooks, I'd be as fluffy as Paula Deen
and I value my life and my health too much to experiment with her
cuisine. I did find her entertaining for a while, but the gratuitous
"y'all's" got too annoying/cloying.

In her early Food Network Life, she had some interesting Low Country
recipes.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas