Posted to rec.food.cooking
Boron Elgar[_1_] Boron Elgar[_1_] is offline

Default Query: Krispy Kreme bread pudding recipe

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 06:19:17 -0700 (PDT), J >
wrote:

>Paula Deen passed along this recipe, which uses donuts instead of
>bread. I won't put it here, because it's easy enough to Google, but
>I'm hoping someone who reads this has actually made it.
>
>Several online version of this recipe--including Deen's at the Food
>Network--call for two 4.5-ounce cans of fruit cocktail, and of course
>there's no such thing. Anybody know what the correct amount is?

The single-serve, pull-top cans are now 4 oz. They may have been 4.5
oz in the past, but now the "50 calorie" part is what gets pushed as
an attribute to consumers.

Boron