Posted to rec.food.cooking
none of your business none of your business is offline

Default Query: Krispy Kreme bread pudding recipe

On Mar 26, 12:01*pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> "J" > wrote in message

> > Several online version of this recipe--including Deen's at the Food
> > Network--call for two 4.5-ounce cans of fruit cocktail, and of course
> > there's no such thing. Anybody know what the correct amount is?

> What do you mean there's no such thing as canned fruit cocktail? *Have you
> *looked*?! *It's a blend of fruits cut pieces of fruit. *Used to be sold
> exclusively in heavy syrup but in the last 20 years they started packing it
> in juice. *Del Monte is one brand right off the top of my head.
>
> And no, sorry, I have no idea what amounts because I don't pay much
> attention to Paula Deen or the Food Network.
>
> Jill

omg are you really that stupid Jill? Did you fail reading
comprehension? or are you just all liquored up today and feeling extra
bitchy and argumentative?
Of course fruit cocktail exists, you moron! They were referring to the
size of the cans that is called for in the recipe!

at any rate, I doubt an exact measurement of fruit cocktail is
critical. If you can get close to 9 oz (give or take an oz) I'm sure
you'll be fine. I haven't read the recipe but it would seem
(intuitively. You remember what that is, Jill, don't you? THINKING
SOMETHING THROUGH before saying something that makes you look like a
complete idiot) that the fruit is really more of a secondary player.
The balance between bread/donuts whatever and the custard ingredients
need to be precise. Losing an oz of canned fruit isn't going to ruin
the recipe.

It's not the sort of thing I would make anyway--canned fruit cocktail,
and stale donuts? not my taste. But I'm certain if one would enjoy
such a thing, Paula's recipe for it would be the one to make. When it
comes to desserts, butter and cream are what makes it good, and she
uses more than her share of both!!