Posted to alt.food.diabetic
RodS RodS is offline

Default For one who shall remain nameless.....

On 12/01/2012 9:36 AM, Ozgirl wrote:

> "KROM" > wrote in message
>> you know I luv ya but you can see its a slippery slope to go nuts
>> over "wah lah" and stand firm when we all say its meaningless here but
>> defend your put of of its misery when it means something bad here?

> Krom I am not disputing that it means something different, I am saying
> it has two meanings, both of which are in every dictionary online I have
> looked at. Bottom line is, do you think I meant Susan should put Jasper
> down, given the rest of the post was about treatment and followed a
> number of posts dating back until at least August where I talked about
> probiotics as a worthwhile thing to try for Jasper?
>
>> as Wendy said dont let your hatred of Susan take you off the rails..

> Not off the rails but when someone announces to all and sundry that
> "Ozgirl wants to kill my cat" you don't think that worthy of defending?
> I provided reputable sources and posted my history of suggestions, none
> of which were malevolent posts. I don't know many people who wouldn't
> defend themselves in those circumstances.
>
>> I say we from now on state if something has a different meaning to
>> people and try to respect that.

> One has to know that before they write something, quite impossible. More
> mature like behaviour would have been to ask me if I really meant the
> cat should be put down as the idiom had, in their experience just one
> meaning. Even after I explained the two meanings most wanted to believe
> I really wanted to kill Susan's cat. How am I supposed to know most here
> only have experience with one meaning before I write? I find it hard to
> imagine that even after explanation a lot wanted to totally disregard
> any other explanation about the while thing other than what they
> personally wanted to believe.
>
>> to me wah lah is perfectly fine but I would avoid saying it if it
>> offends you..simple as that
>>
>> it is a fact that if you told a person her to put their injured animal
>> out of its misery you'd get a VERY negative reaction..or worse their
>> kid or loved one.
>>
>> "Oh your grandmas sick?..put her out of her misery"...
>>
>> that would be bad

> It would be but I didn't say it in that context, I suggested ways of how
> to put Jasper out of his misery and none of those reasons were death.
>
>> imagine if "bright faced" here was a compliment and a insult there and
>> people kept saying what a bright faced family you have

> Not sure what bright faced means so I won't comment.
>
> Thanks for the level headed response.
>
>> KROM

Problem is those that decided it was a great opportunity to attack Jan
on this occasion and others on other occasions just don't want the truth
to stand in the way of an argument regardless.

Try he

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppK6sxz6epk

Go for the full half hour and get it out of your system.

:-)

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2