Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Evelyn Evelyn is offline

Default For one who shall remain nameless.....

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 20:30:34 +0100, Bjørn Steensrud
> wrote:

>Tiger Lily wrote:
>
>> On 1/14/2012 9:58 AM, Bjørn Steensrud wrote:
>>> Google "thorrablot" and read the food list. I dare you. Generic "you",
>>> that is.

>> Blóðmör (filled sausage/black pudding)

>> Svinasulta (jellied ham)
>> Svið (jellied sheep's head)
>>
>> oh yes, rotting meat, just what i want

>It's only the shark that's - well, suspect. The ones I have left in are
>known here in Norway as well: Svinasulta must be Sylte, made from slices of
>pork (and veal), in pork stock, wrapped in cheesecloth and pressed for a
>couple of days. I forget the spices, but slices of the product taken with
>mustard - delicious. Most people know black pudding, can also be made in
>sausage form. Dw loves it, I hate it!
>
>Svið - Smalahove - I've never had it. Smoked sheep's head, the wool is
>burned off. Smalahove is a western dialect word meaning - sheep's head :-)
>
>> TG i live today! i would never have got to grade school age LOL
>>
>> katee

>Have you ever had Rocky Mountain Oysters? <G>

Sylte, is also known by that name in Estonian, but the Germans call it
"head cheese". All it is, is bits of meat cooked down to a rich
jellied stock, then chilled, sliced, and served with mustard. Yes,
it is delicious. All that collagen is probably good for you!

Evelyn