Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Bjørn Steensrud Bjørn Steensrud is offline

Default For one who shall remain nameless.....

Evelyn wrote:

> Now I ONLY own pets. I still insist on getting good dogs, but I buy
> from a breeder who breeds only from German imported stock. His dogs
> are all sold to the police and K-9 people, as well as the obedience
> crowd. I would never own another dog bred for the show ring. They
> don't care about the dogs mind, only conformation.
>
> This was my own fault for not insisting on both parents being OFA and
> having my dog X-rayed at 7 mos. to determine how his hips were. But
> the reason for that, is that no way would I give him up at 7 mos. even
> if he did have bad hips. I would already love the dog and would keep
> him till the problem became evident. So I hoped for the best.
>
> He is now 6 yrs old and he's been good till now.
>
> The anti-inflammatories seem to be doing a very good job, but we are
> keeping him from being over active. Moderate exercise only.

That's good to hear, Evelyn.
The problem with having dogs and/or cats is that we come to love them so
much.

I still miss Simba (he was a cream colored cat, hence the name) who just
disappeared, years ago. I have his litter brother, but he's quite different.
I would have shown Simba to the highest titles, he was that nice, and with a
temperament to match. I never showed cats that did not like the show halls.